100 Back-to-School Quotes for the New School Year an A+
– Back to School Quotes –
With summer break ended, we’ve compiled a list of back to school quotes to get your child eager for the upcoming school year.
The start of the school year has come! Never fear if you’re concerned about your children returning to school! With these back-to-school ideas and guidance, you’ll be ready for the new school year.
Returning to school is typically a mixed bag of emotions. Few things are certain; it will be an educational and enjoyable time with books, friends, and teachers.
Here are some back to school quotes to brighten your day and get you in the spirit to study and produce more fascinating things for the world.
Back to School Quotes Funny
1. “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” -William Butler Yeats
2. “The most important day of a person’s education is the first day of school, not Graduation Day.” – Harry Wong
3. “School bells are ringing loud and clear; vacation’s over, school is here.” – Winifred C. Marshal
4. “Be so good they can’t ignore you.” – Steve Martin
5. “By the end of high school I was not of course an educated man, but I knew how to try to become one.” – Clifton Fadiman
6. “High school is what kind of grows you into the person you are. I have great memories, good and bad, some learning experiences and some that I’ll take with me the rest of my life.” – Giancarlo Stanton
7. “High school is neither a democracy nor a dictatorship – nor, contrary to popular belief, an anarchic state. High school is a divine-right monarchy. And when the queen goes on vacation, things change.” – John Green
8. “What I remember most about high school are the memories I created with my friends.” – J. J. Watt
9. “High school is about finding who you are because that’s more important than trying to be someone else.” – Nick Jonas
10. “This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.” – Taylor Swift
Happy Back to School Quotes
11. “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” – Aristotle
12. “No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.” – Regina Brett
13. “The first day of school is always a fashion show. The rest of the school year? A pajama party.” – Back to School Quotes
14. “Labor Day is a glorious holiday because your child will be going back to school the next day. It would have been called Independence Day, but that name was already taken.” – Bill Dodds
15. “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
16. “It’s one of my favorite seasons of the year: Back to School. As a kid, I loved fresh school supplies, new outfits, the change of seasons, and the chance to crack open a new textbook.” – Dana Perino
17. “Today is the first day of the rest of your life.” – Charles Dederich
18. “I’ve always loved the first day of school better than the last day of school. Firsts are best because they are beginnings.” – Jenny Han
19. “All children start their school careers with sparkling imaginations, fertile minds, and a willingness to take risks with what they think.” – Ken Robinson
20. “The first day of school: The day when the countdown to the last day of the school begins.” – Back to School Quotes
Positive Welcome Back to School Quotes
21. “You’re off to great places. Today is your first day! Your mountain is waiting, so get on your way!” – Dr. Seuss
22. “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.” – Dr. Seuss
23. “When I say I miss school, I mean my friends and fun. Not the school.” – Back to School Quotes
24. “You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.” – Brigham Young
25. “Intelligence plus character — that is the goal of true education. (Valium) ” –Martin Luther King, Jr.
26. “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.” -Malcolm X
27. “The educated differ from the uneducated as much as the living from the dead.” -Aristotle
28. “3 things I’ve learned in school: 1. Texting without looking. 2. Sleeping without getting caught. 3. Teamwork on tests. .” – Back to School Quotes
29. “He who opens a school door, closes a prison.” – Victor Hugo
30. “School: 2+2=4, Homework: 2+4+2=8, Exam: Omar has 4 apples, his train is 7 minutes early, calculate the mass of the sun.” – Back to School Quotes
Funny Back to School Quotes
31. “You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” – Oscar Wilde
32. “Respect your parents. They passed school without Google.” – Back to School Quotes
33. “I was thrown out of college for cheating on the metaphysics exam: I looked into the soul of another boy.” – Woody Allen
34. “Education is a progressive discovery of your own ignorance.” – Will Durant
35. “If the Romans had been obliged to learn Latin, they would never have found time to conquer the world.” – Heinrich Heine
36. “You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over.” – Richard Branson
37. “In the first place God made idiots; that was for practice; then he made school boards.” – Mark Twain
38. “I have never been jealous. Not even when my dad finished fifth grade a year before I did.” – Jeff Foxworthy
39. “The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
40. “It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows.” – Epictetus
Welcome Back to School Quotes
41. “There are three good reasons to be a teacher – June, July, and August. “
42. “You can lead a boy to college, but you cannot make him think.” – Elbert Hubbard
43. “Education can get you the only thing that really matters in today’s world — an assigned parking space.” – Gene Perret
44. “Education helps you earn more. But not many schoolteachers can prove it.” – E. C. McKenzie
45. “Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.” – Carl Sagan
46. “Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” – Kofi Annan
47. “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.” – Malala Yousafzai
48. “Take your risks now. As you grow older, you become more fearful and less flexible. And I mean that literally. I hurt my knee this week on the treadmill, and it wasn’t even on.” – Amy Poehler
49. “But there are advantages to being elected President. The day after I was elected, I had my high school grades classified Top Secret.” – Ronald Reagan
50. “If Instagram, YouTube, Google were school subjects, my parents would be so proud of me. .” – Back to School Quotes
51. “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.” – Oprah Winfrey
52. “Children should learn that reading is pleasure, not just something that teachers make you do in school.” – Beverly Cleary
53. “What we want is to see the child in pursuit of knowledge, and not knowledge in pursuit of the child.” – George Bernard Shaw
54. “If there were no schools to take the children away from home part of the time, the insane asylums would be filled with mothers.” – Edgar W. Howe
55. “You are allowed to scream. You are allowed to cry. But, you are not allowed to give up.”
56. “Back to school can seem a little scary, but it means you are growing up and becoming even more awesome!”
57. “Soon the days of swimming and playing in the sun will be a memory, but don’t worry. The new school year will bring a chance to meet new friends!”
58. “The teacher who is indeed wise does not bid you enter the house of his wisdom but rather leads you to the threshold of your mind.” – Kahlil Gibran
59. “School prepares you for the real world… which also bites.”- Jim Benton
60. “What is the most important thing one learns in school? Self-esteem, support, and friendship.” – Terry Tempest Williams
- Interesting First Date Questions
- April Holidays and Observances
- Cute Things to Say to Your Girlfriend
- Best ’80s Movies
- Thanksgiving Movies for Kids
61. “Why should society feel responsible only for the education of children, and not for the education of all adults of every age?” – Erich Fromm
62. “Children have to be educated, but they have also to be left to educate themselves.” – Abbé Dimnet
63. “You can get all A’s and still flunk life.” – Walker Percy
64. “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” – Aristotle
65. “The human brain is special. It starts working as soon as you get up and it doesn’t stop until you get to school.” – Milton Berle
66. “The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates. The great teacher inspires.” – William Arthur Ward
67. “Home computers are being called upon to perform many new functions, including the consumption of homework formerly eaten by the dog.” – Doug Larson
68. “Education is learning what you didn’t even know you didn’t know.” – Daniel J. Boorstin
69. “Education costs money, but then so does ignorance.” – Claus Moser
70. “When a teacher calls a boy by his entire name, it means trouble.” – Mark Twain
71. “Some students drink at the fountain of knowledge. Others just gargle.” – E.C. McKenzie
72. “If people did not do silly things, nothing intelligent would ever get done.” – Ludwig Wittgenstein
73. “No wonder the teacher knows so much; she has the book.” – Edgar Watson Howe
74. “If the school sends out children with a desire for knowledge and some idea of how to acquire and use it, it will have done its work.” – Richard Livingstone
75. “I do not know what ‘moss’ stands for in the proverb, but if it stood for useful knowledge… I gathered more moss by rolling than I ever did at school.” – Ernest Shackleton
76. “Being a child at home alone in the summer is a high-risk occupation. If you call your mother at work thirteen times an hour, she can hurt you.” – Erma Bombeck
77. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” –Nelson Mandela
78. “The difference between school and life? In school, you’re taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you’re given a test that teaches you a lesson.” – Tom Bodett
79. “I care not what subject is taught, if only it be taught well.” – T. H. Huxley
80. “Schoolteachers are not fully appreciated by parents until it rains all day Saturday.” – E. C. McKenzie
81. “Holidays are enticing only for the first week or so. After that, it is no longer such a novelty to rise late and has little to do.” – Margaret Laurence
82. “The only educational aspect of television is that it puts the repairman’s kids through college.” – Joan Welsh
83. “Sign on a High School bulletin board in Dallas: Free every Monday through Friday knowledge. Bring your own containers.” – E. C. McKenzie
84. “It doesn’t make much difference what you study, as long as you don’t like it.” – Finley Peter Dunne
85. “Pretending to concentrate in class so the teacher won’t ask you a question.” – Back to School Quotes
86. “The founding fathers… provided jails called schools, equipped with tortures called education. School is where you go between when your parents can’t take you and industry can’t take you.” – John Updike
87. “Training is everything. The peach was once a bitter almond; cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education.” – Mark Twain
88. “Education’s purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
89. “You learn something every day if you pay attention.” – Ray LeBlond
90. “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” – Albert Einstein
Quotes of the Day
91. “We all learn by experience but some of us have to go to summer school”- Peter De Vries
92. “The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.” – Alvin Toffler
93. “Smartness runs in my family. When I went to school I was so smart my teacher was in my class for five years.” – Gracie Allen
94. “Learn as much as you can while you are young since life becomes too busy later.” – Dana Stewart Scott
95. “All the world is a laboratory to the inquiring mind.” – Martin H. Fischer
96. “I like a teacher who gives you something to take home to think about besides homework.” – Lily Tomlin
97. “Every time I see the word “explain” on a test, a part of me dies.” –Back to School Quotes
98. “Give a bowl of rice to a man and you will feed him for a day. Teach him how to grow his own rice and you will save his life.” – Confucius
99. “The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of wonder. “ – Ralph W. Sockman
100. “I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.” – Winston Churchill
FAQs about Back to School Quotes
Below are frequently asked questions about back to school quotes
1. What is a good quote for the first day of school?
▸ “I’ve always loved the first day of school better than the last day of school. Firsts are best because they are beginnings.”
▸ “Let us remember: One book, one pen, one child, and one teacher can change the world.”
▸ “Education is the key to unlocking the world, a passport to freedom.”
2. What do you say back to school?
▸ “You’re capable of anything you set your mind to.”
▸ “You don’t have to be the best at everything; you just need to try your best.”
▸ “It’s about the journey, not just the destination.
▸ “Treat others how you want to be treated.”
3. How do you say Happy back to school?
▸ “Good luck going back to school! You’re going to love sixth grade! New friends and new adventures. Have so much fun learning and always remember how special you are!”
▸ “ Happy Back to School!
▸ “Welcome back to school! Hope you have an awesome year!
4. Do your best quotes for students?
▸ “It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort.”
▸ “Excellence is not a skill. It is an attitude.”
▸ “Focus on your goal.
▸ “You don’t get what you wish for.
▸ “Do something now; your future self will thank you for later.”
▸ “Don’t try to be perfect.
▸ “Keep going.
▸ “Even the greatest were beginners.
5. What is a good quote for school?
▸ “Learn as much as you can while you are young, since life becomes too busy later.”
▸ “Education is our passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today.”
▸ “Learning is a treasure that will follow its owner everywhere.”
6. What is the best caption for school?
▸ To-do list: stay awake.
▸ Roses are red, college is long.
▸ Oh, college, where Monday could feel like a Friday
▸ Get up with determination.
▸ If you want to change the world, start off by making your bed.
▸ You can.
▸ Study hard, do good, and the good life will follow.
7. What are some quotes for students?
▸ “In a world where you can be anything, be kind.”
▸ “None of us is as smart as all of us.”
▸ “He who asks a question is a fool for five minutes; he who does not ask a question remains a fool forever.”
▸ “You have to be odd to be No.
8. What is a good thought for the day?
▸ ‘Learn something new today’.
▸ ‘Good thoughts make a happy person’.
▸ ‘If you have a dream, never let go of it, chase it till the end’.
▸ ‘Make yourself your own competition, strive to be better than yesterday, and you’ll find the true essence of life!
9. What to say to encourage a child?
▸ Thumbs up.
▸ You’re on the right track now.
▸ You’ve worked so hard on that.
▸ I heard you say how you feel. That’s great,
▸ Oh, that turned out very well.
▸ That’s coming along nicely.
▸ I’m proud of the way you worked today.
▸ You’ve just about got it.
10. How do you start the first day of school?
▸ Orchestrate positive first impressions.
▸ Introduce yourself effectively.
▸ Clarify learning objectives and expectations.
▸ Help students learn about each other.
▸ Set the tone for the course.
▸ Collect baseline data on students’ knowledge and motivation.
We hope this article on back to school quotes has been inspiring and motivating. Please endeavor to share this article with family, friends, and colleagues. Cheers.