As we have come to know, life on earth is very temporary. People die all the time, making us wonder how best we can console them. We mostly resort to using condolence messages to express our deep feelings and sympathy for these ones. Sympathy messages and text messages help us convey our thoughts and solidarity with the bereaved person.
However, for close friends and relatives, it becomes very necessary for us to condole and commemorate with them through condolence messages and other means.
hence, our intended condolence messages must be able to speak some relief and hope into the life of the bereaved and so must be carefully scripted. We have put together a great list of assuring condolence messages you can share with someone who is mourning.
You can take some cues from these to write your own unique condolence message.
Soul-Lifting Condolence Messages for a Friend
1. The loss is not yours only. We all feel the same pain that you feel today. May God almighty give you peace and ease your pain soon. My heartiest condolence to you!
2. We will all be praying for you and your family until this time of suffering and sadness is over. May God give you the strength to overcome this loss.
3. My deepest thoughts are with you as you pass through the hardest time in your life. Don’t lose hope. God has the best plan for each one of us.
4. I feel deeply sorry after hearing your loss today. I want you to know that no matter what happens, I’ll always be with you and your family.
5. I still can’t believe it. I feel really sorry for your loss.
6. I know you are so deeply stricken by grief but I want you to know that I’m always a phone call away whenever you need me. My deepest condolence for you!
7. Our deepest sympathy and prayers to you and your family, [Name of deceased] will deeply be missed.
8. It’s a tough time to overcome for anyone. But I’m sure that you won’t let this grief stop you from becoming who you are. My thoughts are with you!
9. Your loss is irrecoverable, no doubt. But you have to find solace in knowing that God has perfect plans for everyone in this world.
10. At this difficult time in your life, we pray that God will grant you the peace that you need to get through this. Sincere condolences!
11. I know that what you are going through right now is very difficult, just know that I am here for you. I am truly sorry for your loss.
12. May my condolences bring you comfort and may my prayers ease the pain of this loss.
13. Words, however kind, can’t mend your heartache, but those who care for you share your grief and wish you comfort and peace of mind
14. May God takes care of you and your family on this tough time.
15. During this heavy moment, one thing you should have more than anything else is patience. Keep faith in God and know that time heals everything.
16. My heartiest sympathy goes to you and your family. Today your grief has touched us all. Let us share the pain together.
17. Nothing can be compared with your loss today. I am deeply saddened to hear this but I want you to know that you’re never alone when it comes to carrying the load of grief.
18. Always keep in mind that you have friends to share your pain with. Today, I stand beside you just like you did in all these years. Accept my condolence!
19. We all will sincerely pray to God that he relieves you and your family of this unbearable pain. May you find peace in the warmth of love and friendship that surrounds you.
20. We all have gone through this disheartening time in our life. The pain weighs more than anyone can take. But you will have me to share the pain anytime you want.
21. I hope my prayers will ease the burden and give you comfort in this difficult moment of your life. May you have the courage to carry on in life.
22. Always know that you are surrounded by people who really love you and care for you. Don’t lose hope and don’t give up. Life will be great again in no times.
23. One of the toughest times is to deal with the death of a dear one. May God give you strength. My deepest condolences on your loss.
24. May God give you the strength to deal with your loss. Sending my condolences to you and your family, dear.
25. For you, I am always ready to be the shoulder to cry on. My heartfelt condolences to you and your family.
26. Pain for the losses of dear ones never goes away but I hope you get strong with time. Please accept my condolence.
Short Condolence Messages
1. Sorry to hear about your loss. May you find solace in the love of those that surround you!
2. Sometimes you just can’t be lucky and get away from life, you have to fight and survive. May your loss be repaid with better rewards.
3. Nothing heals better than the passage of time. Your grief will not last forever, but your courage to move on will.
4. No words can describe how sorry I am for your loss.
5. Dear, I really hope and pray to god that the departed soul rests in peace.
6. The pain you are experiencing is unthinkable for me. All I want to say is that my thoughts are always with you!
7. Accept my condolence for your loss. May God help you get through this difficult time and ease your pain.
8. Words will never be enough to express my condolence for you. I hope you will recover from this as soon as possible.
9. May God pour his love and care on you as you go through the most difficult period in your life. My heartiest condolence for you!
Condolence Message on Death of Father
1. The loss of a father cannot be expressed in words but I hope you overcome the void. Please accept my condolence.
2. You father was a man of honor and great virtues. He may be no more within this world, but his deeds will always speak of his nobility.
3. He may no longer see him before you but he will always be able to watch over from wherever he is. RIP!
4. Sudden departure of your father is making my heart cry. Sending my heartfelt sympathies. May Lord give you all the strength to bear this tough time.
5. I am extremely sorry to hear about your loss. He has definitely left an indelible impact. Accept my deepest condolence.
6. Remembering the positive impact he made on the lives of people. He was truly a good man. May God give the fortitude to bear the loss.
7. May God give you the courage to come out of this trying time. Just keep your faith strong and your hope alive in order to avert worse occurrence. He lived a good life on earth. He can never be forgotten.
8. Your father had a gold heart and everyone who had the privilege to know him are blessed indeed. May the God be with you on this crucial time.
9. The news of your father’s death shook me to the core. Sending my sincere sympathies to you and your family.
Condolence Message on Death of Mother
1. I will never forget your mom’s sweet face and what a fine lady she was! My condolences to you and your family.
2. You are a dear friend to me, and I want to support you in any way that I can during this time of grief. Please accept my most sincere condolences. Your mother was a strong and beautiful woman, and I always looked up to her. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
3. My heart hurts even thinking about your mother. Accept my deepest condolence on the departure of your mother.
4. I am so saddened by the news of your mother’s death. May she rest in peace and may you find solace in her memories.
5. A person may die, but their memories will remain unchanged and unfaded. Find solace in the good memories you had with her. May she rest in peace forever!
6. Your mother was one of the kindest women I ever came across. May God give you and your family the strength to deal with this loss.
7. None can replace your mother’s place in your heart, pray God for her better days in heaven. Sending my condolences.
Condolence Message on Death of Sister
1. Your sister was such an amazing soul and had such a positive spirit! Praying for the serenity and comfort at this tough time of your life.
2. May the soul of the dearly departed rest in peace, may my prayers help guide her on her journey to our Creator.
3. Condolences to the bereaved family. My tears are flowing for a friend, a great girl. God rest her soul in peace!
4. As I hear of your loss, I’m reminded to be grateful for the time I have had with my own sister. My condolences for your loss.
5. Listening about your sister makes me so sad. Praying for your sister, mate. May God bless you with the strength to deal this tough time.
6. Death holds no power over anyone, I wish God bless your sister with the greenest valley of paradise. Accept my condolence.
Condolence Message on Death of Brother
1. I cannot express in words the sorrow that I am feeling after listening about your brother. Please accept my condolences.
2. I am totally speechless and still in denial about the news of your brother. What an amazing person he was! May God help you to deal with this loss.
3. I am extremely sorry to hear about the demise of your brother. May God give your family courage and patience. May he rest in peace.
4. I am deeply saddened by the loss of your brother. He will be truly missed and I will include him in my daily prayers.
5. The news of your brother’s sudden death has totally shaken me. May he get to experience all the good things he deserves on heaven.
Condolence Message on Death of Husband
1. The sadness I am feeling to hear about the death of your husband is cannot be expressed in words, dear. Sorry for the loss.
2. Sending you my heartfelt and sincere condolence on the loss of your husband. Be brave to deal with this obstacle. Love you so much.
3. My deepest sympathy for you and the family on the loss of your husband. May he shines bright in the heaven.
4. You and your whole family are in my thoughts and prayer after listening to the loss of your husband. May God help you to endure this pain.
Condolence Message on Death of Wife
1. Look up in the sky and the brightest star would be your wife looking out for you. My heartfelt condolence to you.
2. May the sorrow soon lighten up your heart by the good vibes and blessings surrounded you. May your wife rest in peace.
3. You have been a great friend of mine. Today’s loss is just as much mine as yours. May she rest in peace in the most peaceful place in this universe.
4. She was more than a mother of a friend of mine. To me, she was just like my own mother. Her death is a loss for both of us. May she rest in peace.
5. You have to be very strong to deal with this difficult time. May God give you the strength to overcome this loss.
6. We will never forget what a wonderful lady your wife was. May Almighty grant her heaven and makes you strong to deal with this loss.
Biblical Verses that are Great Condolence Messages for a Friend that is a Christian
1. He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. > Psalm 147:3
2. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. > Revelation 21:4
3. The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. > Psalm 18:2
4. Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous be shaken. > Psalm 55:22
5. Casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you. >1 Peter 5:7
6. And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. >1 Peter 5:10
7. To those who by patience in well-doing seek for glory and honor and immortality, he will give eternal life. >Romans 2:7
8. The Lord is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him. > Nahum 1:7
9. It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. > Deuteronomy 31:8
10. I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us. > Romans 8:18
11. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. > John 14:27
12. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. > Psalm 73:26
13. And I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Write this: Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on.” “Blessed indeed,” says the Spirit, “that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow them!” > Revelation 14:13
14. Jesus said to her, “Your brother will rise again.” > John 11:23
15. After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands. > Revelation 7:9
16. And if children, then heirs — heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him. > Romans 8:17
17. When the righteous increase, the people rejoice, but when the wicked rule, the people groan. > Proverbs 29:2
18. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. >1 Thessalonians 4:16
Transcending Quotes and Sayings that can Serve as Condolence Messages for a Friend
1. “Those we love and lose are always connected by heartstrings into infinity.” > Terri Guillemets
2. “What is lovely never dies, but passes into another loveliness, Star-dust or sea-foam, Flower or winged air.” > Thomas Bailey Aldrich
3. “The Remembrance of the good done those we have loved is the only consolation when we have lost them.” > Demoustier
4. “Like a bird singing in the rain, let grateful memories survive in the time of sorrow.” > Robert Louis Stevenson
5. “When the heart grieves over what it has lost, the spirit rejoices over what it has left.” > Sufi Epigram
6. “A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again.” > Maya Angelou
7. “Tears are God’s gift to us. Our holy water. They heal us as they flow.” > Rita Schiano
8. “Sorrow is a fruit. God does not make it grow on limbs too weak to bear it.” > Victor Hugo
9. “Life has to end. Love doesn’t.” >Mitch Albom
10. “Death – the last sleep? No, it is the final awakening.” >Sir Walter Scott
11. “The dead never truly die. They simply change form.” >Suzy Kassem
12. “Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering ‘it will be happier’…” >Alfred Lord Tennyson
13. “A great soul serves everyone all the time. A great soul never dies. It brings us together again and again.” >Maya Angelou
14. “To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die.” >Thomas Campbell
15. “While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.” >John Taylor
16. “The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain.” >Khalil Gibran
17. “We need never be afraid of our tears.” >Charles Dickens
18. “The holiest of all holidays are those kept by ourselves in silence and apart; the secret anniversaries of the heart.” >Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
19. “When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight.” >Kahlil Gibran
20. “Those we love never truly leave us. There are things that death cannot touch.” >Jack Thorne
“Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.” >Richard Bach
Honestly, we may not be able to truly understand the level of grieve being experienced by someone, but through condolence messages, we can restore some portion of happiness, hope, and faith in such a person.
Therefore, be sure that the sympathy or condolence message you are sending has the right wording and conveys the proper emotions and feelings.
This article will surely assist anyone looking to comfort and console a close person. Do well to share with them.