How often have you gone on some expedition to get a fortune cookie so you will discover what fortune awaits you? Which of the fortune cookie messages do you find to be very relative to you? Truly, the idea of making fortune cookies was simply an awesome one. Fortunately, Fortune cookies have come to stay, meaning we will always have opportunities to discover some amazing fortunes about ourselves with the fortune cookie messages.
Certainly, we humans adore the idea of suspense and the thrill it sends down our spine. You can’t imagine how much fun people get just from opening and reading fortune cookie messages.
Interestingly, the promise of some mystical message or prophecy will definitely serve as a huge attraction to the fortune cookie messages.
Over the years, a whole lot of fortune cookie messages have been sold out. However, we have taken the step to collate these messages in different themes for you. Check out if anyone seems familiar or like something you have read before. Keep reading to find them.
However, you will have to first get to know some things about fortune cookies assuming you are not already familiar with them.
Brief History of Fortune Cookies
The exact origin of fortune cookies is unclear, though various immigrant groups in California claim to have popularized them in the early 20th century, basing their recipe on a traditional Japanese cracker. Though commonly thought to originate in China, the fortune cookie comes from the Japanese tsujiura senbei treat.
Fortune cookies are often served as a dessert in Chinese restaurants in the United States and some other countries but are absent in China. Fortune cookies have been summarized as being “introduced by the Japanese, popularized by the Chinese, but ultimately … consumed by Americans.”
Allegedly, the first fortune cookie was eaten in the US around the 1890s. Chinese had tried to import the American-popularized goodie later on, but it turned out, that the public thought it to be ‘too American.
Maybe you are just arriving in America and China Town specifically, or you are not just familiar with fortune cookies, we want to give you some idea about what we are writing about here.
What are Fortune Cookies?
While fortune cookies are largely associated with Chinese food in the United States, they are actually an American invention from the early 1900s.
These simply folded cookies contain a strip of paper with a short message that may be predictive in nature or have words of wisdom, but most often is humorous
You might well be asking what and what is used to make a fortune cookie. We want to state that the recipe for a fortune cookie is flour, sugar, vanilla, and sesame seed oil with a “fortune” paper wrapped inside.
Inspiring Fortune Cookie Messages
1. Follow what calls you.
2. You’re intoxicating when you do what you love.
3. Be passionate and totally worth the chaos.
4. You will know it when you see it. It will know you when it sees you.
5. Do what you love. The rest will fall into place.
6. Follow what you love and see what turns up.
7. The middle of the process is no place to determine the end of it.
8. You should def go for it.
9. Enter unknown territory.
10. Everything that is was first a dream.
Funny Fortune Cookie Messages
1. The fortune you seek is in another cookie.
2. A closed mouth gathers no feet.
3. A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.
4. A cynic is only a frustrated optimist.
5. A foolish man listens to his heart. A wise man listens to cookies.
6. You will die alone and poorly dressed.
7. A fanatic is one who can’t change his mind, and won’t change the subject.
8. If you look back, you’ll soon be going that way.
9. You will live long enough to open many fortune cookies.
10.. An alien of some sort will be appearing to you shortly.
11. Do not mistake temptation for opportunity.
12. Flattery will go far tonight.
13. who laughs at himself never runs out of things to laugh at.
33. I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
34. The best way to get rid of an enemy is to make a friend.
35. It’s amazing how much good you can do if you don’t care who gets the credit.
36. Never forget that a half truth is a whole lie.
37. Happiness isn’t an outside job, it’s an inside job.
Fortune Cookie Messages about You
1. Self acceptance > self improvement
2. Make self care a non-negotiable.
3. Love yourself hard.
4. Set yourself up to experience what you love.
5. Focus on the magic of things; yourself.
6. I am resilient.
7. When you love yourself, people who don’t love you back become less interesting.
8. Somewhere between all those distracting details is the best version of you.
9. Note from the future: I’m not intimidated by your past.
10. Unlearn everything that you aren’t. Relearn everything that you are.
11. Change comes with embracing the future, not fighting your past.
12. Some things are just too heavy to haul around.
13. To be found, stop hiding.
What can you say about this article? It’s not just about the yummy taste and texture of the cookie but also the splendid inspiration and fun contained inside our fortune cookies in form of paper stripes.