– Funny Boat Names –
Are you merely looking for a way to make folks chuckle as they pass your boat? Then these are the funny boat names for you.
Make witty puns by combining nautical, fishing, and lifestyle-related themes to come up with a unique name that suits you and your boat while also sending folks on their way a little happier.
Purchasing a boat is a significant investment, and maintaining one necessitates a significant amount of time and effort.
A boat, like a car, becomes a member of the family in some ways. And each family member is entitled to a proper moniker. (zolpidem)
But where does one begin when naming a yacht or brainstorming ideas? You don’t want anything too corny, yet a serious moniker might not be for you.
Brief History About Funny Boat Names
Thousands of years ago, sailors called their boats after gods, goddesses, or saints in the hopes that they would keep them safe on their journeys.
The name of a boat was incredibly important since it might mean the difference between having luck on their side and getting lost on the open sea.
It was thought that the name would influence the success of all future sailing expeditions, thus it was critical to adopt a name that would keep the boat safe.
Sailors began naming their boats after important female personalities (both personal and historical) over time.
And selecting the proper name was always done deliberately and only after much thought.
The custom has been carried on to this day, with individuals naming their boats after significant people or events in their lives.
Why Do Boats Have Names?
You’re undoubtedly wondering why ships and boats have names, and the primary reason is to aid with identification.
It’s a lot easier to remember which boat you’re talking about if you use its name rather than a physical description.
People can more easily recognize which boat to board and other vessels at sea if they have names.
Naming your boat is a ritual with a long and rich history, in addition to being practical. It’s also a lot of enjoyable.
Boat Name Uniqueness
You may be wondering if your boat’s name has to be one-of-a-kind. That is very much dependent on where you reside.
In the United States, for example, names are not required to be unique, but it appears that they are required in Canada.
The addition of digits or roman numerals at the end of the boat name is a frequent solution. If the name “Poseidon” is already taken, names like “Poseidon II” or “Poseidon III” may be available.
If you want to check up your name, there are several websites where you may do so:
Boat Name Ideas to Consider
So you’ve made the decision to buy a boat while silently humming “isn’t she lovely?” Isn’t she amazing?” She is, in fact, she is!
For some, owning a boat is a fantastic luxury, but for others, it becomes their home.
Whatever your boat’s intended purpose, it must have a name!
Here are some suggestions for the best name for your boat!
Have you noticed how I referred to the boat as a female creature earlier? That’s because feminine names appear to have a long and illustrious history!
Sure, not every boat has a female name, but many do, and it is felt that having a female name helps to strengthen the link with the boat!
Know the Prefixes
If you’re new to sailing, you might not recognize many of the acronyms that appear before a boat’s name and signify the type of vessel it is.
For instance, the prefix SS stands for steamer, whereas the prefix TB stands for tug boat.
If you’re going to use a prefix, make sure it’s appropriate for the type of boat you have.
There’s a large sea of pun possibilities when it comes to naming a boat. A good sense of humour is always welcome, and any sailor will enjoy it.
Summon Your Inner Sailor
Set aside all sailor slang and get inside your boat, even if it’s only sitting on a trailer. Embrace your boat and become one with it.
Imagine yourself doing whatever you want with your boat, and you may just come up with the ideal name for it!
Boat’s Appearance Bio
This may seem obvious, but get inspiration from your boat’s general appearance, whether it’s the color or a distinctive feature.
- A Walk Through the Concept of Social Referencing in Infants
- Informative Tips about Twins Pregnancy and other Vital Information
- Fantastic Virtual Baby Shower Games Ideas and Tips
- Baby Card Messages to Celebrate the New Arrival
- 30+ Awesome Baby Shower Messages for a Mom-To-Be
Few Tips on Picking the Perfect Boat Name
1. A boat owner’s sentimental bond to his or her vessel is strong. So, our first piece of advice is to pick a name for someone or something that you adore.
2. Use your favorite music, books, or movies as inspiration. It must be incredibly special to name your yacht after a childhood record.
3. As boat names, use single-word adjectives. ‘Tranquility’ is a fantastic name for a boat.
4. Make it a little funny. To come up with names, use boating and ship jokes.
5. Play with words, including references to the sea and the ocean.
6. Finally, compile a list of all the names you like and choose your favorite.
Are you still having trouble coming up with a name for your boat? Don’t worry, we’ve gathered several lists of boat names particularly for you.
There are funny boat names, cool boat names, good boat names, ship names, greatest boat names, creative boat names, original boat names, and classy boat names among the boat names available.
Should You Choose a Funny Name?
It’s not as if having a humorous name is required. Instead, it could simply be something cool or intelligent that looks beautiful and functions well for you.
After all, your boat, like you and your family, has its own personality, so it only makes sense to choose something that reflects that and distinguishes yours boat from others.
There are several suggestions and methods to assist you in selecting the ideal name lower down the page.
200+ Boat Names That Are Cool, Clever, Funny and Unique
You are free to name your boat whatever you wish.
Giving your boat a name will give it a personality. It can assist other mariners recognize your boat if you go sailing, and it is also a lot of fun to come up with boat names.
You can name your boat whatever you like, which might be daunting at times.
So we’ve compiled a number of lists to assist you in coming up with some humorous pirate names or boat names.
In this handpicked selection of witty boat names, we’re confident you’ll find the ideal name for your vessel.
We’ve compiled a list of the most dad joke-worthy, punny, and funny boat names for you to chuckle at.
The Funniest Boat Names
First, there are the basic funny boat names. Every passing boater will undoubtedly chuckle heartily.
- Buoyant Buoy
- Aqua Life
- Mizu Boto
- The Wind Ranger
- Seas the Day
- Jolly Rancher
- Snail Pace
- The Boat Life
- Midlife Crisis
- The Diamond Ark
- Metal Fish
- Epoxy Queen
- Lady Kriller
- American Buoy
- New Kid on the Dock
- Eat Cray Love
- In Too Deep
- Titanic II
- Sick and Tide
Funny Boat Names to Remember When You’re Rich
The boat comes first, followed by the name. The tradition is steeped in superstition and history, but nowadays it’s also a means to flaunt your sense of humour. These are funny boat names you might encounter on the high seas.
36. Kids’ Inheritance
37. The Codfather
38. Knot on Call
40. Seas the Day
41. She Got the House
42. Unsinkable II
43. Error 404
44. In a Meeting
45. Last Dingy I’ll Own #4
47. My Option II
48. Best of Times
49. Ship Happens
50. Baby Got Bass
51. Forward My Calls
Cool and Funny Boat Names You can Choose From
Are you merely looking for a way to make folks chuckle as they pass your boat? Then these are the boat names for you! Make witty puns by combining nautical, fishing, and lifestyle-related themes to come up with a unique name that suits you and your boat while also sending folks on their way a little happier.
54. On the Docks
58. Free Spirit
60. Holy Ship
61. Carpe Diem
62. Docked and Loaded
65. In Deep Ship
66. Laguna Matata
67. Corny Boat
Classy Boat Names
The snarky names come next. Just keep in mind that your boat name is as distinctive as everyone else’s.
69. The Lady of the Lake
71. SS Opportunity
72. Pura Vida
73. Blue Blood
78. Sunny Days
80. 20,000 Leagues
Trendy & Pop Culture-Inspired Funny Boat Names
Every day, we are exposed to pop culture. How we connect with pop culture reveals a lot about who we are! What kind of lyrics and rhythms get you in the mood is reflected in your favorite music.
The books you read reveal a lot about the tales and ideas you like. There are a lot of boat names there were inspired by Pop Culture, and below is a few of them.
81. The Great Gatsea
82. The Old Man
85. The Inferno
87. Float On
88. Baits Motel
89. The Orca
90. Frank Ocean
92. Usain Boat
93. Boaty McBoatface
Yacht Boat Names
It’s nearly a prerequisite to keep up with all the other individuals who enjoy being out on the water on a regular basis if your yacht, sailboat, or other water vessel has a cool, clever, or hilarious name.
Don’t get me wrong: if all you have is a speedboat or a fishing boat, you can probably get away with without naming it. If you own a larger watercraft, such as a pontoon party boat, houseboat, or yacht, however, it’s an unwritten requirement that you must have a nice name.
94. Full Throttle
99. Sweet Caroline
100. Full Throttle
105. Sweet Caroline
108. Wave Runner
Fishing Boat Names
I spent hours and days trying to come up with a name for my pontoon, and the same thing happened when I purchased a new fishing boat. I combed through hundreds of websites, producing a list of the greatest fishing boat names I could come up with.
Below are some of the best fishing boat names ever (at least in my opinion!). I’m hoping they can assist… I’ve divided them into categories such as hilarious, sports, cool, good, and best.
109. Fish Tank
111. All Aboard
113. Fishin Impossible
115. Night Trawler
116. Fishing for Compliments
113. Lady Kriller
114. Fishy Business
115. Reel Love
116. The Codfather
Unique Boat Names
Some of the most boat names, in my opinion, are those named after persons the owner cares about. Naming a yacht after your daughter or wife, for example, is always an incredible way to display one’s affection.
Hilarious Boat Names For Funny Skippers
Boating isn’t just a hobby for most boat owners; it’s a way of life. It’s no laughing matter whether they’re fishing, yachting, or flinging each other around like rag dolls on the back of a speedboat.
Aside from acquiring the boat, naming the boat is another rite of passage in the maritime world. This is also not something to be taken lightly
Because a boat reflects its owner, and they want everyone on the dock to know its name, it’s on par with naming a child. Others, on the other hand, take a different approach and call their boat something important.
This usually entails being as immature, obnoxious, or improper as possible in true boating manner. Welcome aboard!
130. She Got the House
131. Forced Family Fun
132. Unsinkable II
133. Ctrl + Alt + Delete
134. Error 404 – Fish Not Found
135. In a Meetin
136. A boat
137. Bikini bottom
138. Boaty mcboatface
139. Captain underpants
140. Change the channel
141. Clam dunk
142. Fishizzle my bizzle
143. Forced family fun
144. Full of ship
145. Get shipfaced
146. Poseidon probe
147. Prawn star
148. Reely expensive
149. Rubber ducky
150. Scuba steve
151. Sea señor
153. Sick day
154. Smelling fishy
Feminine Boat Names
But how can you choose a decent name? While it may appear to be a straightforward question on the surface, things become more challenging when you understand that the ideal boat name is more than just a sound or a slogan; it’s the name that conveys the tale of the boat.
When naming your boat, you must consider a number of factors, including the sort of boat you have and why you are naming it.
The name you choose should reflect your personality and the attitude you wish to project while on the water.
We’ve collected a collection of feminine boat names that will undoubtedly inspire you the next time you need a new name for your vessel.
155. The ultimate woman
156. Tifanny girl
157. Uptown girl
159. Windy lady
160. Working girl
161. Soul sister
162. Southern belle
163. Southport girl
164. Spice girl
165. Spirit women
166. Steadfast girl
167. Saturday girl
168. Shady lady
169. Skipper’s lady
170. Soul princess
171. Soul princess
172. Pretty woman
174. Queen bee
175. Ready maid
176. Salty miss
177. Mystery lady
179. Noble lady
180. Offshore lady
181. Oriental lady
182. Merry maid
183. Miss conduct
184. Miss taken
187. Jungle queen
188. Lady helmsman
189. Lady luck
191. Liberty belle
192. Dancing queen
196. Dragon lady
197. English lady
198. A good woman
199. Able lady
201. Boss lady
Funny Yacht Names
While relaxing on your boat while watching the sun set takes on a whole new meaning, coming up with the appropriate name for your watercraft isn’t as simple. It wouldn’t surprise me if you had a hard time coming up with a name for your yacht.
What should be a straightforward task might take weeks to complete, and even if you’ve decided on a boat name, you don’t believe it’s cool or sassy enough to represent you or your boat.
Hopefully, our boat name generator will assist you in coming up with a name for your boat that won’t make you envious every time you look at other boaters who got it right and came up with something unique.
202 Alotta Ocean
203.Bacon in the Sun
204. Best Selection
205. Knot On Call
207. Children’s Inheritance
208. Knot Shor
209. Liquid Asset
210. Miss Conduct
- Amazing List of Baby Sprinkle Invitation Wording and Style
- Congratulations for Baby Girl( Adorable Newborn Baby Wishes)
- 25 Pregnancy Wishes and Congratulations for Boys, Girls and Twins.
- Harmonious Happy Birthday Wishes for Twins with Wonderful Wordings
- Birthday Message to a Boss that Will Certainly Pique Attention and Interest
Funny Boat Names Generator
We have a boat name generator for the pickiest of pickers! There are a lot of names to pick from in this name generator.
While we have our hand-picked suggestions farther down the page, you can still utilize this name generator to do the job for you.
Now all you have to do is decide which option is ideal for you and your beloved boat!
211. Scotch Mist.
212. Usain Boat.
213. Dolphin Dancer.
214. The Boat Life.
215. Wicked Woman.
216. Dream Quest.
217. Achieving Average.
218. Around the World in 79 Days.
Funny Pontoon Boat Names
Perhaps it’s too soon, but all of these ingenious boat owners are inspiring us with new boat names.
If you’re naming a new pontoon boat, you might as well have fun with it now that it’s on everyone’s mind!
Here are some of the greatest pontoon boat names we’ve come across thus far! If we’ve missed any, please let us know:
219. A Wave From It All
221. B-4 reel
222. Blue Toon
223. Break Time
224. Bull Fish
225. Called in Sick
228. Dances With Waves
229. Dark Side of the Toon
230. Drivin Miss Lazy
231. Eat Drink and Remarry
232. Finally A Wake
233. Fish Tank
234. For Play
235. For Reel
236. Get Reel
237. Good Toons
238. Harvest Toon
239. High Toon
240. Hot Air Pontoon
241. Knot So Fast
242. Knot Too Shabby
243. Knot Working
244. Lead Pontoon
245. License 2 Chill
246. Liquid Assets
247. Looney Toons
248. Man of the Toon
249. Men Who Stare At Boats
250. Miss Behaven
251. Murphys Lure
252. National Pontoon’s Vacation
253. No Plane No Gain
254. O.Y. Knot
255. Over the Toon
256. Pond Toons
257. Post-it Boat
258. Reel Time
259. Rest A Shore
261. Sick Day
262. Social Networking
264. The Incredible Hull
265. Thing 1 | Thing 2
266. Toon Machine
267. Toon Much Toon Soon
268. Tooned In
269. Tooned Out
270. What’s Knot to Like?
272. Dream Quest
Funny Banned Boat Names
273. A Cool Change
274. A Fish Too Far
275. Aida Fish
277. Another Bad Hair Day
281. Cant Take It With You
282. Captains Horrid Treasure
283. Chill Pill
284. Cold Behind
286. Daly Devotion
287. Dark Secret
288. Daze Off
289. Devils Whore
290. Direct Deposit
291. Dos Winos
292. El Viento
294. Fish On Iv Ever
295. Fishin Fool
296. Gone Fission
297. H20 Office
298. Hang On Sloopy
299. Here Fishy Fishy
300. Just About Perfect
301. Just Us
302. Kingfish For A Day
304. Lickety Split
305. Life Preserver
306. March Monkey
307. Mary Gale
308. Meant To Be
309. Miss Fitz
310. My Three Suns
311. Nobody You Know
312. Nobody You Know
313. Old As Dirt
314. On Line
315. One Moor Time
318. Posideons Death
319. Round Tuit
321. South Shore Sun
322. Sturgeon General
323. Sun-day Driver
324. The Good Life
327. White Noise
328. Wicket Wet Too
329. “Wind” in Spanish
330. Wire We Here
331. Your Ad Here
Funny Boat Names From Movies
Boats and ships from the big screen can provide you a lot of ideas for boat names! Perhaps you’d like to feel like Jack Sparrow on board the Black Pearl.
Or perhaps you’d prefer to have some fun while paying homage to Jaws by naming your boat the Orca?
To get started, take a look at our collection of movie boat names below.
Movie: Lethel Weapon 2
334. Cotton Blossom
335. Das Boot
Movie: Das Boot
Movie: Summer Rental
Movie: The Flintstones
Movie: Final Countdown
340. Red October
Movie: The Hunt for Red October
341. SS Essess
Movie: Hot Shots
342. SS Venture
Movie: King Kong
344. Suck My Wake
Movie: The Great Outdoors
345. The African Queen
Movie: The African Queen
346. The Belafonte
Movie: The Life Aquatic
347. The Black Pearl
Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean
348. The Boat
Movie: One Crazy Summer
349. The Damfino
Movie: Several Buster Keaton Movies
350. The Flying Wasp
351. The Orca
352. The Surprise
Movie: Master and Commander
Funny Gay Boat Names
353. @eaze (my choice for second best overall)
354. Bee Gone
355. Child’s Play
356. Dock Therapy
357. High C’s
358. Hot Fun
359. ITLDO (a.k.a. It’l Do – took some time to figure this one out – they should have included the apostrophe)
360. Justyn Time
361. Lazy Buoy
362. Lots of Knots (sailboat)
363. Mental Alignment
364. Oh’ Bee Have
365. Pain Killer
366. Panacea (come on folks, at least name it Panasea or Pan-a-see-ya!)
367. Reel Time (fishing boat)
368. Rough Duty
369. Sax Sea Therapy
370. Seas the Day (nice pun, but not original according to the list above)
371. Second Wind (another common, unoriginal name)
372. Sidebar (not bad for a lawyer)
373. Soggy Dog
374. Sol Mate
375. Soul Mateys
376. Starlight (sailboat)
377. Summer School
378. Swift Current (sailboat from Canada)
379. True Blew (sailboat decked out with U of M flags)
Historical Boat Names
There have been some boats that have made history and their names will always be remembered.
Whilst they may not be the best boat names for your own boat, they have certainly made history and are so interesting to read and learn about. If you see SS in any of these names, it stands for Steamship.
1. American Queen (English origin) the largest river steamboat ever built.
2. Bacchus (German origin) a distilling ship built by William Hamilton in 1915.
3. CSS Hunley (English origin) the ship designed to sink Union Navy ships, this was built in 1863.
4. Golden Hind (Arabic origin) this ship was captained by Francis Drake.
5. HMAV Bounty (American origin) this small merchant vessel was purchased by the Royal Navy in 1787.
6. HMS Beagle (English origin) a Royal Navy boat launched in 1820.
7. HMS Victory (English origin) one of the largest wooden warships built to serve two fleets from Spain and France.
8. Mayflower (English origin) a ship that brought English pilgrims to the New World in 1620
9. Nina (Spanish origin) the name of a Spanish ship used by Christopher Columbus.
10. Noah’s Ark (Hebrew origin) this is the ship that saved two of every animal during the great flood in the Bible.
11. Pinta (Spanish origin) the fastest ship used by Christopher Columbus.
12. RMS Lusitania (Roman origin) a British ship that was sunk in 1915.
13. RMS Titanic (Greek origin) the famous cruise ship that sunk in 1912.
14. Santa Maria (Latin origin) a Spanish ship used by Christopher Columbus.
15. SS Edmund Fitzgerald (English origin) this ship was an American Great Lakes freighter. It tragically sank in a storm in 1975.
Fictional Boat Names
A lot of famous ships have graced our screens and the pages of our favorite books. These fictional ships make the best boat names to learn more about. Enjoy this list of the best fictional boat names!
24. African Queen (English origin) from the movie ‘The African Queen’.
25. Albatross (Spanish origin) meaning “pelican” from the movie ‘The Sea Hawk’.
26. Andrea Gail (French origin) meaning “brave” from the movie ‘The Perfect Storm’.
27. Arabella (Latin origin) from the book ‘Captain Blood’.
28. Artemis (Roman origin) from the book ‘Voyager’, this makes for one of the coolest names for a boat.
29. Aurora (Roman origin) meaning “dawn” from the comic ‘Adventures Of Tintin’.
30. Bebop (English origin) from the manga ‘Cowboy Bebop’.
31. Black Pearl (English origin) from the movie ‘Pirates Of The Caribbean’, one of the most famous names for a boat.
32. Blue (English origin) from the anime ‘Blue’.
33. Borneo Prince (Sanskrit origin) means “water” from the ‘Commando’ comic.
34. Britannia (English origin) from the literature work ‘In Search Of The Castaways’.
35. Cornelia Marie (Roman origin) from the movie ‘Deadliest Catch’.
36. Dawn Treader (English origin) from the movie ‘Chronicles Of Narnia’.
37. Dazzler (English origin) from the book ‘The Cruise Of The Dazzler’.
38. Demeter (English origin) from the book ‘Dracula’.
39. General Grant (English origin) from the book ‘Around The World In 80 Days’.
40. Gone Fission (English origin) from ‘The Simpsons’.
- Christian Birthday Messages that Gives Rousing Emotions
- 1st Birthday Invitation Message and Suitable Wordings for Invites
- 74 Special 1st Birthday Wishes for Girls, Boys and Twins
- Complete List of Birthday Wishes for Little Brother
- Innovative and Original 1st Birthday Cake Ideas for your Kid
Witty Names for Boats
Each boat, like persons, has its own distinct name that someone had to choose.
This is what makes them even more unique, especially for captains, who must often go through a lengthy and important process to choose the right name.
FAQs On Funny Boat Names
Below are some frequently asked questions concerning funny boat names and their answers.
1. What is the most common boat name?
2. Carpe Diem
2. What does SS mean on boats?
It simply means single-screw ship,’ a name coined to describe the ship’s propulsion system.
3. Why do boat names start with SS?
It indicates the vessel’s purpose. It tells you that the boat is a Single-screw Ship.
4. Can I name my boat USS?
The acronym USS stands for United States Ship, and it can only be used if your vessel has been commissioned by the US Navy.
5. What does FV mean on a boat?
2. Eat Drink and Remarry
9. What should I name my jet ski?
Jet skis, like boats, can be given names by their owners. According to our research, the following are some of the most amusing jet ski names:
1. College Fun’d.
2. Liquid Asset.
10. What should I name my red boat?
1. The Red Bull.
2. Red Galaxy.
I hope you enjoy this contents? If yes, please share it with friends and loved ones.