– Grey’s Anatomy Quotes –
We’re all consumed with love, angst, hate, and heartache, so why not throw in some sexy surgeons? Here are the top grey’s anatomy quotes.
Most readers would regard this program to be a “classic” and a “must-have” reference for life.
So we’ve compiled a list of the finest Grey’s Anatomy quotes to take you on an emotional roller coaster, giving you all of the show’s emotions as well as some essential life lessons you may return to whenever you’re feeling low.
We’ve compiled a collection of amazing Grey’s anatomy quotes to keep you, your friends, and your family thrilled.
Quotes From Grey’s Anatomy
1. “Don’t let what he wants to eclipse what you need. He’s very dreamy, but he’s not the sun. You are.” – Christina Yang
2. “Yes or no. In or out. Up or down. Live or die. Hero or coward. Fight or give in. I’ll say it again to make sure you hear me. Human life is made up of choices. Live or die. That’s an important choice. And it’s not always in our hands.” – Derek Shepherd
3. “Breakthroughs don’t happen because of the medicine. Real breakthroughs happen because someone is scared to death to stop trying.” – Derek Shepherd
4. “I’m a better woman than you.” – Mark Sloan
5. “Do not alarm the makers of the tiny humans. They will eat you.” – Arizona Robbins
6. “I believe if you were dead, the world would be a better place.” – George O’Malley
7. “This is the way the world changes. Good people, raising babies right.” – Catherine Avery
8. “There’s a club—the Dead Dads Club. And you can’t be in it until you’re in it. You can try to understand, you can sympathize, but until you feel that loss, my dad died when I was nine. George, I’m really sorry you had to join the club.” – Cristina Yang
9. “Some days, the whole world seems upside down. And then somehow, and probably, when you least expect it, the world gets right again.” – Meredith Grey
10. “You know, he’s acting like I committed a crime. Like my apartment is full of stolen goods. He’s acting like I kept my apartment to hide stolen goods, so I could do illegal organ transplants for money.” – Cristina Yang Quotes
Grey’s Anatomy Quote
11. “I didn’t like teenage girls when I was a teenage girl.” – Cristina Yang
12. “The expected is what keeps us steady. It’s the unexpected that changes our lives forever.” – Meredith Grey
13. “Knowing is better than wondering, waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beats the hell out of never trying.” – Meredith Grey
14. “I’m going to die because these people aren’t properly trained.” – Derek Shepherd
15. “Yes, horrible things do happen. Happiness, in the face of all of that, that’s not the goal. Feeling horrible, and knowing that you’re not gonna die from those feelings, that’s the point.” – Katherine Wyatt
16. “You grew up. It’s a shame, an awful thing to grow up. The carousel never stops turning. You can never get off.” – Ellis Grey
17. “Don’t look at me like that. Like I’m damaged goods. I’m still me. I’m still here.” – Adele Webber
18. “I can do hot in my sleep. I look hot in scrubs. I am a hot person.” – Cristina Yang
19. “Maybe we like the pain. Maybe we’re wired that way. Because without it, I don’t know; maybe we just wouldn’t feel real. What’s that saying? Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop.” – Meredith Grey
20. “There’s a land called passive agressiva, and you’re their queen.” – Derek Shepherd
Funny Grey’s Anatomy Quotes
21. “Don’t ever date a man who can’t handle your power.” – Meredith Grey
22. “That’s where love exists—in delusional fantasies.” – Meredith Grey
23. “Picture the life you dreamed of living. Are you living the life you envisioned for yourself? Are you who you wanted to be when you grew up?” – Meredith Grey
24. “Friends are the family we choose.” – Meredith Grey
25. “We don’t get unlimited chances to have the things that we want, and this I know. Nothing is worse than missing an opportunity that could have changed your life.” – Addison Montgomery
26. “I’m a superstar—superstar with a scalpel.” – Callie Torres
27. “Let’s just make out on the couch.” – Nathan Riggs
28. “Don’t analyze everything. Just do it.” – Alex Karev
29. “It’s you and me—the plastic posse. Kicking ass and taking names.” – Mark Sloan
30. “Not everyone has to be happy all the time. That isn’t mental health. That’s crap.” – Meredith Grey
Grey’s Anatomy Love Quotes
31. “Ask most people what they want out of life and the answer is simple—to be happy.” – Meredith Grey
32. “The body is a slave to its impulses. But the thing that makes us human is what we can control. After the storm, after the rush, after the heat of the moment has passed, we can cool off and clean up the mess we made. We can try to let go of what was.” – Meredith Grey
33. “Why do we even try when the barriers are so high and the odds are so low? Why don’t we just pack it in and go home?” – Amelia Shepherd
34. “More tequila. More love. More anything. More is better.” – Meredith Grey
35. “Sometimes, you have to be a shark.” – Lucy Fields
36. “My good relationships started out as friends and then became more and then you know, died—screaming.” – Maggie Pierce
37. “You are in a spaceship. You’re going to the moon. Enjoy the ride.” – Alex Karev
38. “There comes a point when you have to suck it up. and stop whining, and start living.” – Callie Torres
39. “Pretty good is not good enough. I want to be great.” – Cristina Yang
40. “The future is the home of our deepest fears and our wildest hopes.” – Owen Hunt
Motivational Grey’s Anatomy Quotes
41. “How are you fine? How are you just completely fine? I am ruined, okay? I am dead, I am wrecked.” – Cristina Yang
42. “I take things personally. I get emotional.” – Lexie Grey
43. “Some lies aren’t lies. They’re love.” – Meredith Grey
44. “I’m up there waiting for you to come down the aisle and I know you don’t want to come. If I loved you, I wouldn’t be up there waiting for you. I would be letting you go.” – Preston Burke
45. “The problem is, fairytales don’t come true. It’s the nightmares that always seem to become the reality.” – Meredith Grey
46. “It’s funny, isn’t it? A weight lifts, the sun shines a little brighter, and for a brief moment, we find a little peace.” – Meredith Grey
47. “I want so much for you—for both of us. So much more than this. More than being stuck with someone who feels stuck. I want you to feel free.” – Callie Torres
48. “Every kiss before the right kiss doesn’t count anyway.” – Derek Shepherd
49. “Promise that you’ll love me, even when you hate me.” – Meredith Grey
50. “Whoever said, ‘What you don’t know can’t hurt you,’ was a complete and total moron. Sometimes not knowing is the worst thing in the world.” – Meredith Grey
51. “Shut up. Dance it out.” – Cristina Yang
52. “We may only be together five minutes every two months, but when we do, we will savor every second. We know how valuable those five minutes are.” – Ben Warren
53.“The problem is we are human. We want more than to just survive. We want to love.” – Lexie Grey
54.“You think you broke me, little grey? You’re the one who put me back together.” – Mark Sloan
55. “Sometimes, it’s good to be scared. It means you still have something to lose.” – Richard Webber
56. “Whatever it takes, just find your voice, and when you do, fill the damn silence.” – Meredith Grey
57. “Don’t let fear keep you quiet. You have a voice so use it. Speak up. Raise your hands. Shout your answers. Make yourself heard.” – Meredith Grey
58. “The really crappy thing—the very worst part of grief—is that you can’t control it. The best we can do is try to let ourselves feel it when it comes and let it go when we can.” – Meredith Grey
59. “Let’s play a game of whose life sucks the most. I’ll win. I always win.” – Meredith Grey
60. “Grief comes in its own time for everyone in its own way. So the best we can do—the best anyone can do—is trying for honesty.” – Meredith Grey
- Interesting First Date Questions
- April Holidays and Observances
- Cute Things to Say to Your Girlfriend
- Best ’80s Movies
- Thanksgiving Movies for Kids
61. “You can have the worst crap in the world happen to you and you can get over it. All you gotta do is survive.” – Alex Karev
62. “Walk tall. All you can do is be brave enough to get out there. You fought. You loved. You Lost. Walk tall.” – Mark Sloan
63. “I am a woman. Hear me roar.” – Miranda Bailey
64. “It’s a beautiful day to save lives.” – Derek Shepherd
65. “I love everything about you. Even the things I don’t like, I love. And I want you with me. I love you and I think you love me too. Do you?” – Jackson Avery
66. “Just because people do horrible things, it doesn’t always mean they’re horrible people.” – Izzie Stevens
67. “How well will you play? That’s up to you.” – Richard Webber
68. “So pick me, choose me, love me.” – Meredith Grey
69. “If you aren’t willing to keep looking for light in the darkest of places without stopping, even when it seems impossible, you will never succeed.” – Amelia Shepherd
70. “Uprooting my entire life is not an inconvenience!” – April Kepner
71.“Yeah we’re friends. I mean, right now I’d probably say you’re one of my best friends.” – George O’Malley
72.“I need the day off. For drinking.” – Addison Montgomery
73.“If you want crappy things to stop happening to you, stop accepting crap and demand something more.” – Cristina Yang
74. “You didn’t love her! You just didn’t want to be alone. Or maybe, maybe she was good for your ego. Or, or maybe she made you feel better about your miserable life, but you didn’t love her, because you don’t destroy the person that you love!” – Callie Torres
75. “I love you. I do. I just, I love you. And I have been trying not to say it. I have been trying so hard to just mash it down and ignore it and not say it and Jackson is a great guy. But it was never gonna work out because I love you.” – Lexie Grey
76. “Being aware of your crap and actually overcoming your crap are two very different things” – Cristina Yang
77. “Knowing is better than wondering. Waking is better than sleeping, and even the biggest failure, even the worst, beats the hell out of never trying.” – Meredith Grey
78. “Okay, here it is, your choice—it’s simple, her or me, and I’m sure she is really great. But Derek, I love you, in a really, really big ‘pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window,’ unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you.” – Meredith Grey
79. “Oh screw beautiful! I’m brilliant! If you want to appease me, compliment my brain.” – Christina Yang
80. “I’ve had to give up things but what I’ve learned is that I don’t need much. I don’t need much to be happy.” – Arizona Robbins
81. “You have to go back to the beginning to understand the end.” – Teddy Altman
82. “In the beginning, everyone is there, but then they forget.” – Amelia Shepherd
83. “It turns out sometimes you have to do the wrong thing. Sometimes, you have to make a big mistake to figure out how to make things right. Mistakes are painful, but they’re the only way to find out who we really are.” – Denny Duquette
84. “‘Cause you never think that the last time is the last time. You think there will be more. You think you have forever, but you don’t.” – Meredith Grey
85. “I am not an ugly duckling. I’m a swan.” – April Kepner
86. “You were like coming up for fresh air. It’s like I was drowning and you saved me. That’s all I know.” – Derek Shepherd
87. “We’re adults. When did that happen? How do we make it stop?” – Meredith Grey
88. “I know I’m not a lot of things that you’ve gone for in the past. I know, but I would never leave you. I would never hurt you. And I will never stop loving you.” – George O’Malley
89. “Deal with your jealousy. Deal with your shortcomings. Don’t put your crap on me.” – Stephanie Edwards
90. “If you love someone, you tell them. Even if you’re scared that it’s not the right thing. Even if you’re scared that it’ll cause problems. Even if you’re scared that it will burn your life to the ground, you say it, and you say it out loud and you go from there.” – Mark Sloan
Short Awesome Quotes
91. “Stop looking at me like that. Like you’ve seen me naked.” – Meredith Grey Quotes
92. “I’m just gonna feel bad that I made it so you can never love again.” – Jo Wilson
93. “Helm, you can either live here or talk, but you can’t do both.” – Jo Wilson
94. “I think you have to stop asking if you can do it, Jo, and realize that you already are.” – Link
95. “You’re allowed to want what you want even if it’s not what he wants.” – Richard Webber
96. “It’ll hurt every time you think of her. But over time, it will hurt less and less. And eventually, you’ll remember her and it will only hurt a little.” – Cristina Yang
97. “Grief may be a thing we all have in common, but it looks different on everyone. It isn’t just death we have to grieve. It’s life, it’s loss, it’s changed. And when we wonder why it has to suck so much sometimes, it has to hurt so bad.” – Meredith Grey
98. “Please don’t give up on me. Promise. Promise me you won’t.” – Arizona Robbins
100. “Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, but every now and then look around. Drink it in, ’cause this is it. It might all be gone tomorrow.” – Meredith Grey
FAQs about Grey’s Anatomy Quotes
Below are frequently asked questions about grey’s anatomy quotes
1. What are some good quotes from GREY’s anatomy?
▸ “Knowing is better than wondering.
▸ “If there’s an upside to free-falling, it’s the chance you give your friends to catch you
▸ “It turns out sometimes you have to do the wrong thing.
▸ “Sometimes it’s good to be scared.
▸ “Have some fire.
2. What is Meredith Grey’s catchphrase?
We want more than just to survive. We want success. We want to be the best we can be so we fight like hell to get those things. Anything else feels like death.
3. What is Derek Shepherd’s famous line?
Like any other character on the show, Derek Shepherd had his signature line that he was famous for. He felt good about himself and he found purpose in what he did just by saying “it’s a beautiful day to save lives”
4. Did you say it GREY’s quote?
Meredith Grey : Did you say it? ‘I love you. I don’t ever wanna live without you.
5. What is the most famous line?
▸ “Frankly, my dear, I don’t give a damn.”
▸ “I’m gonna make him an offer he can’t refuse.”
▸ “You don’t understand! “
▸ “Toto, I’ve a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.”
▸ “Here’s looking at you, kid.”
▸ “Go ahead, make my day.”
▸ “All right, Mr.
6. What is the first line in GREY’s anatomy?
A Hard Day’s Night.
7. What are famous sayings?
▸ You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
▸ Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.
▸ I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear.
▸ I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the water to create many ripples.
8. What did Mark Sloan say about love?
“If you love someone, you tell them. Even if you’re scared that it’s not the right thing. Even if you’re scared that it’ll cause problems. Even if you’re scared that it will burn your life to the ground, you say it, and you say it loud and you go from there.” -Mark Sloan, Season 9 Episode 2.
9. What is a good senior quote?
▸ “You can’t move forward without saying goodbye to the past.”
▸ “If you follow your dreams, you are capable of anything.”
▸ “Your future is only as good as the work you put into it.”
▸ “The saddest thing in life is wasted talent.”
10. Who said sometimes you have to be a shark on GREY’s anatomy?
When Meredith tries to talk to Cristina about what happened, Cristina snaps. “Don’t come to me for absolution,” she says. “You want to be a shark, be a shark.” Fast forward to the premiere for season 14.
We hope this article on grey’s anatomy quotes has been inspiring and motivating. Please endeavor to share this article with family and friends.