You can’t comprehend the joy of finally having your whole life back from the rigor of work. To successfully stay in service and end it honorably in retirement, is simply a blessing. Numerous happy retirement messages usually accompany anyone who achieves this amazing feat. Happy retirement messages are used to commemorate the retiree and also send blessings and goodwill.
Though generally, retirement is a good thing, some retirees begin to get shaky and apprehensive about the prospects that lay ahead. Happy retirement messages can be a potent way of reassuring them of the better days to come. However, the significance of happy retirement messages will really depend on the choice and selection of words.
The retiree might be a parent, a close friend, a colleague, or any associate at all. Accordingly, you will need to write your happy retirement message based on the nature of the relationship you share with the person. Whether funny, genuine, short, or inspirational, happy retirement messages should have wonderful content. Thus, we are dropping great examples for you below.
Happy Retirement Messages for a Friend
1. Retirement is indeed paradise on Earth. No work; only unlimited time to have fun and relax. What more could one ask from life?! Happy retirement, friend.
2. Congratulations, dear friend, for your total freedom. Happy retirement.
3. Retirement is life’s way of rewarding you for all the hard work you’ve done all your life. Now you can fulfill all your dreams that having a job prevented you from chasing. Have a fulfilling and happy retirement.
4. I’ve missed the quality friendship we enjoyed. I look forward for a renewed friendship now that we can spend more time together. All the best on your retirement.
5. Congratulations! You’ve finally reached that stage in life where you get the rare opportunity of having all the time in the world to focus on nothing but making yourself happy. I’m happy for you, dear friend. Have fun.
6. Did you know that retirement is the only time when one can enjoy all the good things life has to offer without the stress of having a job?! But I guess you already knew that. So have a super exciting retirement!
7. They say retirement is the longest holiday you get in life. Relax and have all the fun in the world. Enjoy it to the fullest because you worked very hard for it. Congratulations.
8. Congratulations on retiring in such a graceful manner, dear friend. The most exciting time of your life has just began! Enjoy every single moment of it.
9. If nobody recognized your selfless service at work, I do. And that is why I celebrate your retirement with much love and 10 happy cheers – !
10. You don’t know what total freedom is until you have retired. Congratulations on your retirement, friend. The best years of your life have just began!
Happy Retirement Messages for a Coworker or Colleague
1. The countdown has officially ended! You made it! I’m going to miss you very much, especially your positive attitude and everything you’ve done to support me over the years. I wish you a happy retirement full of fun times, relaxation, and many good books!
2. You were a good team player, a hard worker, and an exemplary leader. Happy retirement.
3. Now that you’ve retired, make sure you work just as hard at relaxing as you worked hard at your job! Thanks for all your support and advice over the years, you’ve been a great co-worker and friend. All the best for a wonderful retirement!
4. Life out there holds much more for you. Don’t be afraid to explore it to the fullest. Congratulations on your retirement.
5. It’s hard to believe the time has come to say goodbye. You’re one of a kind and we’re going to have a hard time replacing you! Thank you for all you’ve contributed over the years, we’ll miss your dedication and enthusiasm. We wish you a long, happy retirement. Don’t be a stranger.
6. The thought of seeing you each day encourages me to be at work, especially the days I feel like not coming. I will miss you greatly. Happy retirement.
7. We will miss you dearly, dear colleague. Best wishes on your retirement.
8. You are an inspirational co-worker and friend, and I will miss your presence greatly as you venture on this new chapter of your life. I wish you a successful and happy retirement.
9. As you go on your retirement, know that I appreciate all the valuable things you taught me. You were more than just a colleague; you’re were my mentor. I’m going to miss your coaching, advices, and most of all your company. Good luck, and have a wonderful retirement.
10. As your professional career comes to an end, do know that your instrumental contribution towards the growth of this business will be sorely missed. I wish you a fun-filled and relaxing retirement. You deserve it.
11. You made it! Congratulations on your retirement! You’re officially your own boss, and I wish you much success and happiness in this new chapter of your life. I’m going to miss you, you’ve been a great friend and co-worker, and I really appreciate all you have done to support me over the years. Don’t forget to keep in touch!
12. Wishing a very special colleague nothing but a happy and peaceful retirement. May your wishes and dreams come true.
13. You will be best remembered as a great motivator, the one who brings out the best in others. Happy wishes as you retire.
14. You will be missed so much. I hope you enjoy every day of your retirement. My best wishes to you on your well-earned life as a retiree.
15. The end of your career is only the beginning of better opportunities. Explore them with boldness. Best wishes and have a fun-filled retirement.
16. All your decades of hard work has finally come to an end! And it’s now time for you to reap the fruits of your hard work. Happy retirement.
17. You’re one of the most dedicated and hardworking colleagues that I’ve ever worked with. It’s now time to relax and enjoy all there’s to enjoy in life. Congratulations on your retirement.
18. As you retire gracefully, you leave us with mixed emotions. The office will never be the same without you here. May the next chapter of your life be even more successful than the previous chapter. Congratulations on your retirement. I will miss you.
19. I couldn’t have asked for a better co-worker than you, which is why I’ll certainly miss you. But as you leave, know that you have been an inspiration to a lot of people in this company, including myself. I wish you a wonderful retirement.
20. It’s time for you to unwind after these years of hard work. Enjoy the life ahead.
21. You are one of those rare colleagues who know how to bring the best in others. Working with you always brought the best in me, and I want to thank you for that. Farewell my friend and colleague as you venture on this new and exciting journey. Happy retirement.
22. Congratulations from all of us on your retirement! You’ve been a great co-worker and friend, and we’ll miss seeing you around the office. Don’t forget to keep in touch! Wishing you all the very best for your retirement, you deserve it!
23. I wish you a stress-free and happy retirement. We’re really going to miss your presence at work.
24. It has been such a pleasure working with you for the past [insert how many] years. You’ve been a great co-worker and friend, and we’re sad to see you go. We hope you have a very happy retirement and enjoy your new-found freedom!
- Incredibly Funny Retirement Quotes and Comical Wishes
- Fitting Retirement Plaque Wording: Construction and Expressions
- 60 Best Wishes Quotes to Strengthen Bonds Latest Update 2021
- Romani Names that Reflect their Rich Gypsy Heritage
Short and Sweet Happy Retirement Messages
1. Congratulations on your retirement! Wishing you all the very best for the coming years.
2. With all best wishes to you on your retirement. We hope that your retirement is filled with relaxation, fun, and family time.
3. Well done on reaching your retirement! Enjoy your well-deserved time off.
4. Congratulations on your retirement. You’ve had a brilliant career and now it’s time for a fantastic retirement!
5. You made it! Congratulations on your retirement, we’ll miss you around the office.
6. A wife’s real full-time job starts when her husband retires.
7. Best wishes and good luck for a fulfilling retirement.
8. Best wishes on your retirement, may it be even better than you ever imagined.
9. For the dedication and hard work, you deserve the best retirement ever. Enjoy this new journey of your life.
10. I have to say, the highlight of our days are the times when we really annoy you. We will miss you! Happy Retirement!
11. May you enjoy a successful life after retirement to the fullest.
12. Retirement marks the beginning of your career as a sage who never follows his own wise words. Happy Retirement!
13. Wishing you the most exciting and stress-free retirement ever.
Funny Retirement Messages
1. Congratulations on your retirement! Now you’ll have more time for sleeping in, fishing, reading, and golfing… unless you want to trade places with me?
2. Good-bye tension and hello pension! Congratulations from all of us to one well-deserving retiree.
3. On the day of your retirement, we want you to know you will be missed. We understand if the feeling is not mutual!
4. Retirement is a time of unlimited adventure. I hope it doesn’t take you back here!
5. You’re leaving? So soon? I mean, you just got here, right?
6. Perhaps retirement does not have to lead to endless days of binge-watching television. I know you will give it all you’ve got though!
7. Congratulations on your retirement! Please take me with you!
8. As you retire, I wanted to share my honest thoughts. I never wanted your job- until now! If you’d like to switch, please let me know!
9. No more alarm clocks, annoying telephone calls, or hundreds of e-mails to answer. What in the world are you going to do with your day after you retire?
10. Retirement is your chance to accomplish everything on your to-do list. Remember to buy duct tape for easy fixing!
11. During your retirement, if you get the urge to manage a meeting, call me. I will sit there in silence to remind you that no one was really listening anyway!
12. I hope the boredom of retirement does not cause you to pull out your hair. Well, what’s left of it anyway!
13. Retirement is endless days of sunsets on beaches, sunrises on mountaintops, and walks through the forest. Be sure your internet bill is paid each month, so you can continue to look at the pictures of all your favorite destinations! It is much cheaper that way!
14. Your work retirement party was one of the best days I’ve had at the office! You should retire more often!
15. If retirement is supposed to be the best time of your life, does that mean you weren’t giving us your best? Or that our expectations were too low?
16. Remember those late afternoon office naps you always tried to hide? During retirement, naps no longer have to be hidden, or only in the afternoon!
17. As you retire, we hate to break this to you but, we will no longer be here to do everything you ask of us. That responsibility now belongs to your spouse. Good luck!
18. Busy Monday mornings, working late shifts, horrible coffee, and a demanding boss… of course we know you’ll miss all of this! Congratulations on your retirement from your jealous co-workers!
19. Retirement – it’s doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it! Congratulations, and enjoy your new found freedom!
20. You’re not truly retired – [insert hobby, eg. golfing or knitting] is a full time job! Wishing you all the best in this new chapter of your life.
Happy Retirement Messages for Your Boss
1. Congratulations on your retirement, and thank you for all you have done to guide this company forwards over the years. We truly appreciate your dedication and hard work, and the example you have set for us all. We wish you continued success in your retirement.
2. Congratulations on your retirement! You’ve set a great example for us in the office, and your positive attitude, guidance, and dedication is going to be sorely missed. Now it’s time to take some time for yourself! We wish you a happy and healthy retirement, and hope that you enjoy your new found freedom!
3. Now that you’ve retired, make sure you work just as hard at relaxing as you worked hard at your job! Thanks for all your support and advice over the years, you’ve been a great boss. All the best for a wonderful retirement!
4. Wishing you a wonderful retirement. Enjoy this new chapter of your life and we hope it’s filled with good health, relaxation, and fun!
5. Congratulations on your retirement! You’ve accomplished so much in this company and we truly appreciate your effort and dedication. Wishing you all the best in your retirement.
6. Congratulations on your retirement! You’ve accomplished so much over your career and we’re going to miss your guidance, support, and positive attitude. We’re so pleased you’ll have more time for yourself and that you can enjoy all those things you’ve wanted to do. Enjoy this new chapter of your life, and we wish you all the best!
7. Congratulations on your retirement! It’s been such a pleasure working with you, you’ve set such an example to us all with your dedication and hard work. We wish you a wonderful retirement!
8. It’s been a pleasure working with you over the past [insert number of] years, you’ve been a fantastic boss and a great mentor. Enjoy your retirement and some well deserved time for yourself. Do keep in touch!
9. Congratulations, the countdown is over! It’s been such a pleasure working with you and we’re sad to see you go. Enjoy your new found freedom and we wish you continued success in your retirement.
10. Thank you for everything you’ve done for the company over the past [insert number of] years. We’ll miss your guidance and support in the office. Now it’s time to do what you want to do, and we hope you have a long and happy retirement.
Happy Retirement Messages for Teachers
1. Dear (teacher’s name), please remember us during your retirement. You are always welcome to visit the school as we would love to see you soon!
2. I will miss you as a co-teacher, but am so proud of you for reaching your retirement. Your accomplishment continues to set an example for others.
3. Retirement will be like endless summer vacations! I hope you get to see and do all the things on your retirement list!
4. Amazing teachers like you deserve an amazing retirement! We hope your retirement is full of wonderful opportunities for you to continue to shine!
5. We are so grateful all our children were able to learn under your teaching. You made learning fun while also teaching them how to be good people and we wish you many congratulations on your retirement.
6. Teachers hold a special place in the hearts of their students. As you retire, know you have a special place in mine.
7. Although your animals will be happy you are home every day, there will not be a day that goes by we won’t miss you. We are very proud of you on your retirement.
8. Words cannot express how much you will be missed as you retire. Thank you for always bringing your best.
9. Dear (teacher’s name), thank you for being an example of strength, dedication, and compassion. You will be missed.
10. Thank you for being my favorite teacher. I wish you the best of luck on your retirement.
11. Time with you will never be enough. We will miss the days spent together, but wish you many fun-filled retirement days.
12. You have worked hard to reach retirement. May God bless you wish many happy and peaceful days full of things that bring you joy!
13. During your retirement, please keep in touch. You are a special teacher and will be missed.
14. Every day, we saw your commitment to educating others. We hope your retirement is a time when you can commit to learning new things for yourself!
15. Your years of teaching and advice will never be forgotten. Good luck on your retirement and wherever life takes you next.
Inspirational Retirement Quotes
1. “Retirement is wonderful. It’s doing nothing without worrying about getting caught at it.” > Gene Perret
2. “Retirement is supposed to be the great escape from the stresses inherent in most jobs, a time to experience a fulfilling life derived from many enjoyable and rewarding activities.” > Ernie J. Zelinski
3. “The fruit of your own hard work is the sweetest.” > Deepika Padukone
4. “We work all our lives so we can retire – so we can do what we want with our time – and the way we define or spend our time defines who we are and what we value.” > Bruce Linton
5. “Retirement: It’s nice to get out of the rat race, but you have to learn to get along with less cheese.” > Gene Perret
6. “Retirement is a blank sheet of paper. It is a chance to redesign your life into something new and different.” > Patrick Foley
7. “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.” > J. Lubbock
8. “Retirement is like a long vacation in Las Vegas. The goal is to enjoy it the fullest, but not so fully that you run out of money.” > Jonathan Clements
9. “The key to retirement is to find joy in the little things.” > Susan Miller
10. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” >A. A. Milne
11. “Often when you think you’re at the end of something, you’re at the beginning of something else.” > Fred Rogers
12. “When a man retires, his wife gets twice the husband but only half the income.” > Chi Chi Rodriguez
13. “It’s time to celebrate all the hard work that led to this joyful occasion.” > Sheryl Sandberg
14. “I see retirement as just another of these reinventions, another chance to do new things and be a new version of myself.” > Walt Mossberg
15. “The biggest reward for a thing well done is to have done it.” > Voltaire
16. “Retire from work, but not from life.” > M.K. Soni
17. “Retirement, a time to do what you want to do, when you want to do it, where you want to do it, and, how you want to do it.” > Catherine Pulsifer
18. “To some of us, retirement gives us time to follow our dreams.” > Shirley Mitchell
19. “You might be on the back nine of life, but it’s good to finish strong.” > Morton Shaevitz
20. “Congratulations! Today is your day. You’re off to great places. You’re off and away!” > Dr. Suess
21. “Retirement means no pressure, no stress, no heartache… unless you play golf.” > Gene Perret
22. “Retirement’s the most wonderful thing. I get to enjoy all the things I never stopped to notice on the way up…” > Patrick Macnee
23. “…to me, retirement means doing what you have fun doing.” > Dick Van Dyke
24. “Stay young at heart, kind in spirit, and enjoy retirement living.” > Danielle Duckery
25. “Retirement may be an ending, a closing, but it is also a new beginning.” > Catherine Pulsifer
26. “You might retire from a job, but never retire from making contributions. Indeed, life is about contribution, not accumulation.” > Hyrum W. Smith
27. “You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” > C.S. Lewis
28. “The joy of retirement comes in those everyday pursuits that embrace the joy of life…’ > Byron Pulsifer
29. “The trouble with retirement is that you never get a day off.” > Abe Lemons
30. “O, blest retirement! friend to life’s decline – How blest is he who crowns, in shades like these, A youth of labor with an age of ease!” > Oliver Goldsmith
31. “There’s never enough time to do all the nothing you want.” > Bill Waterson
32. “Don’t simply retire from something; have something to retire to.” > Harry Emerson Fosdick
Apparently, there are several happy retirement messages you can share with a retiree. In any case, you have to pay attention to the wording of your retirement message. The messages listed above can serve as a guide for you in writing your own unique happy retirement message. Alternatively, you can pick anyone that best conveys your thoughts and feelings and send it to a retiree.
Help out your coworkers and colleagues with messaging ideas by sharing this article with them.