Tranquil Korean Boy Names Adaptable to any Male Child.
Korean Boy Names: Just as Asia is gaining more and more prominence, most Asian countries are also coming to the fore. With their wonderful features, Asian countries such as Korea are bring inputs to the global scene. Korean boy names are one of the ranking names globally.
Mostly drawn from Chinese origin and character termed Hanja, Korean boy names are marked by distinct, profound sounds and meanings. Names are given to male children in Korea always seem to bear a great level of significance and contain high inspiration for the boy.
Instinctively, you can’t help but admire the beautiful rhythms Korean boy names have. Besides, it is not only the musical content but the motivating nature of these Korean boy names. This is why we did not only list out the names for you, but we went ahead to state what they mean in their native languages.
Therefore, you are at liberty to browse through these Korean boy names, confidently pick one and assign it to your male child. There’s is a lot of fun in your childbearing an exotic, unique name.
Outstanding Korean Boy Names
1. Baek Hyeon – This Korean first names male means a virtuous brother. Baek means “older brother” and the word Hyeon means “worthy and virtuous”.
2. Beom Seok – Beom means model, rule or pattern and Seok means like a rock. Hence, the name means pattern of a rock.
3. Byung-Hee -This Korean name in Sino-Korean breaks into Byung or Byeong meaning “grasp or hold or authority or bundle” and Hee or hui means “bright or splendid or glorious”.
4. Chang-Min – Chang-Min is a unique, strong and righteous sounding Korean boy name which translates to strong light or bright, extended and clear day.
5. Chin-Hae – This is a unique Korean boy name which signifies a truthful and deep personality. Chin-Hae translates to “truth or depth of the ocean”.
6. Chin-Hwa – Chin-Hwa is the perfect name a parent can keep for their boy. This name means “the most prosperous and wealthiest person”.
7. Chin-Mae – This aspirational Korean boy name means “truth” or the “person who always speaks the truth”.
8. Chul – Chul – Firm; something that is neither soft nor very hard, iron
9. Chul-Moo – The weapon of iron
10. Chung-Hee – This Korean boy name Chung-Hee means “a righteous and dutiful person”.
11. Chun-Soon – This unique Korean name for boys is also spelt as Chun-sun or Cheol-sun. The name means a wise and honest person.
12. Dae-Ho – A great personality, great
13. Dae-Jung – Dae-Jung is a unique Korean name with the aspirational meaning of “great and righteous; honest”. The name suggests a strong and righteous personality.
14. Dae-Seong – This Korean name for boys means a “great/high voice” or a “vast personality”. The words dar means “ big; great; vast; large; high” and seong means “ sound; voice; music; tone” or “finished; completed; fixed” or “castle; town; city; municipality”.
15. Daeshim – greatest mind
16. Dong-Yul – One having the passion of the east.
17. Duck-Hwan – Return of the virtue
18. Duck-Young – The virtue is unchanging and everlasting
- Historical Mayan Names Highly in Vogue and Popular
- Interminable Romanian Surnames with Peculiar Origin and Form
- Specially Selected Hindu Boy Names with Profound Meanings
- Totally Wonderful African Surnames and their Astonishing Meanings
19. Geon – This Korean name is usually is in a combination of other words/characters, but using it alone, as a stand-alone name makes it unique. The name translates to “strong” or “respect” or “to construct”.
20. Ha-joon – Ha-joon is a very popular yet unique Korean boy name. The name translates to great talent or a very handsome person. Ha means “great; summer; grand” and jun means “talented; handsome”.
21. Ha-jun – great and talented
22. Hwan – This Korean name is pronounced as H-WAN and is an exclusive name for boys. The name translates to “bright”.
23. Hye – A birght and intelligent man
24. Hyuk – Radiant Boy
25. Hyun – Like most of the Korean names for a boy, this name Hyun is also translated to virtue or quality. The name means “bright or intelligent or virtuous”.
26. Hyun Ki – Hyun Ki means “wise; astute; shrewd; intelligent; expert or clever”.
27. Hyun Shik – Another unique name derived from Hyun is Hyun Shik means “clever; brilliant; smart”.
28. Hyun- woo – virtuous and diving intervention
29. In-Su – Preserving wisdom
30. Jae-Sang – Jae-Sang is a unique Korean boy name implying traits of generosity, empathy and compassion. Jae in Korean means “carry; load; convey; transport” and sang means “mutual; reciprocate; each other”.
31. Jee – To know or the wisdom
32. Jeong – Jeong pronounced as eong is a Korean origin name which means “silent; chaste”.
33. Jeong-Eun – Jeong-Eun can also be spelt or written as Jong-Un. Like most of the Korean boy name, this is also a name with a virtuous meaning of “a person who is righteous and kind”. The name jeong or jong means “righteous; straight; upright; loyal; pure” and eun means “charity; kindness; mercy”.
34. Jeong-Gwon – This name from the Sino-Korean origin means a righteous power or authority. Jeong means “weighty; righteous; proper; heavy; double” and gwon means “power or authority or right”.
35. Jeong-hoon – proper and rank
36. Ji – The name Ji is a Korean name and means Wisdom and Intellect
37. Ji-ho – wisdom and greatness
38. Ji-hoon – wisdom/purpose and rank
39. Ji-hun – This name translates to ji meaning “wisdom or intellect” or “ambition; purpose; will” and hun meaning “meritorious deed or rank”. Together they translate to an intelligent or wise person with great achievements or rank.
40. Jii – Jii means wisdom. Or a sign of intelligence
41. Ji-yoo – wisdom and abundant
42. Joon – Joon is a Korean boys name which means “a man who is handsome and talented or exceptionally talented”.
43. Joon-su – This popular Korean name for boys means a talented and auspicious person. The word Joon or jun means “talented; handsome” and seo or su means “comfortable; unfold” or “felicitous omen; auspicious”.
44. Joon-woo – handsome and divine intervention
45. Joo-Won – This name Joo or Ju means “circumference” and won means “origin; first” or “beautiful.
46. Jum – Jum means King, Ruler
47. Jung – Jung is a popular Korean boy name which means “a righteous man”.
48. Jung-hoon – honest and rank
49. Jung-Hwa – Jung-Hwa is the name taken from Jung and it means “a righteous person who is rich”.
50. Jun-seo – handsome and auspicious
51. Ju-won – circumference and origin
52. Kang-Dae – This Korean name means “ a person who is mighty and strong”.
53. Ki – Ki means The One who has Arisen
54. Korain – luminous and glorious
55. Kwan – Kwan means One who is Strong Boy
56. Kwang – Wild
57. Kyong – Brightness
58. Kyubok – One who is blessed by God.
59. Kyung – Respect
60. Mal-chin – persists until the end
61. Man-Shik – Deeply rooted into something.
62. Man-Young – Ten thousand years of prosperity.
63. Min-jun – Min – jun can also be written or spelt as Min-joon. Min means “clever; sharp; quick” or “gentle; affable” and joon or jun means “handsome; talented”. So the name means “a clever and handsome person”.
64. Mi-Sun – This is a beautiful Korean boy name pronounced as “My-Son” making it apt for your baby boy. Mi-Sun translates to “beauty and goodness” which every parent wants in their child.
65. Myeong – This Korean boy name means “a person who is clear”.
66. Myung – Bright and clear
67. Myung-Dae – This Korean name means “great righteousness” implying the person is a greatly righteous person.
68. Myung-Suck – Foundation of ages
69. Ryung – Brightness
70. Sang-hoon – benevolent and rank
71. Sang-ook – one who is always well and healthy
72. Sang-Wook – A beautiful Korean name for boys which any parent would choose due to its meaning “a person who is always healthy or in good health”.
73. Seojun – Seo-jun is a Korean boy name which means “a person who is auspicious and talented”. Seo means “auspicious; felicitous omen” or “comfortable; open up” and jun means “talented; handsome”.
74. Seok – Seok is a Korean boy name which means “like a rock” implying the person is very strong in his character and virtues.
75. Seo-yun – auspicious and sleek
76. Seuk-Chin – Seuk-Chin can be written or spelt as Seok-Chin. The name means “an unshakeable rock” or a person whose character or virtue can’t be shaken or compromised.
77. Seung – This name is spelt in many ways such as “Sung” or “Seong”. This Korean name means “successor” or “winning”. It is one of the powerful south Korean boy names which are apt for the intensely competitive South Korean culture.
78. Si-woo – begin and divine intervention
79. Suck – Hardness
80. Suck-Chin – An unshakeable rock.
81. Suk – A variation of Seok, meaning like a rock.
82. Sung – The Korean word sung means “complete or finished”. The name implies a person who is a complete person.
83. Sung-ho – successor and greatness
84. Sung-hoon – successor and rank
85. Sung-jin – successor and truth
86. Sung-min – successor and quick/gentle
87. Tae – One who is a great person
88. Tae-Hyeong – This Korean name means “a superior and exalted person”.
89. Won-Shik – This Korean name means “the head of the family”.
90. Wook – This Korean name for boys is pronounced as “ook” and is an interesting name which translates to “sunrise”.
91. Ye-joon – Ye-Joon means “a person who is handsome and talented”. This name can also be spelt as Ye-Jun. In this Korean name, ye mean “talent; art; craft” and joon means “handsome; talented”.
92. Ye-jun – talent and handsome
93. Yeong – This Korean name means “a courageous person”.
94. Yong-rae – hero coming
95. Yong-Saeng – This Korean name means “ a person who will live forever” implying a long life.
96. Yong-sun – Yong-sun is a prestigious name which translates to “a dragon in the first position”.
97. Young – Young is a Korean name for boys which means “a forever unchanging person” implying a person who always remains unchanged.
98. Young-ho – eternal and greatness
99. Young-Jae – This Korean name means “a person who is destined to be forever prosperous”.
100. Young-Min – Young-Min is a Korean name for boys which means “an intelligent person with eternal prosperity”.
101. Young-Soo – Young-soo is a Korean name which means “keeping prosperity” or a person who will have prosperity forever.
102. Yu-jun – friend/courage and handsome
Obviously, it is not just the martial arts that the Koreans have to offer. Though we may not be well acquainted with their ways of life, some of their elements of identity have furnished us with a fair idea. However, we can appreciate their naming pattern and adapt same if we so wish.
Naming a newborn has never been so easy, do well to share this article with other parents to ease their stress.