– Letter of Encouragement for Someone with Cancer –
Looking for the perfect letter of encouragement for someone with cancer? With this list, you may find exactly what you want to say and reach out with sympathy.
Hearing from a friend or loved one that they have been diagnosed with cancer is upsetting. If you experienced a range of feelings after hearing the news, from shock to grief to anger to terror, picture what your buddy may be experiencing.
When a loved one is dealing with a health issue like cancer, it’s only natural that we want to help them in any way we can.This can be possible with letter of encouragement for someone with cancer.
We want to be a visible presence in their lives to help them, but we also need to respect their privacy while they go through a huge life transition. Here are samples of letter of encouragement for someone with cancer to get them through.
Letter of Encouragement For Someone With Cancer
1. We’ll get through this together, knowing there are brighter days ahead for both of us.
2. Each day brings new healing.
3. This must be a really tough time for you, but I wanted to let you know that I’m so impressed by your courage and endurance.
4. Writing you this note to let you know how much I admire you. We think about you often and are so proud of you.
5. Well, you always wondered what smoking weed was like. Now, you can find out!
6. Laughter may have some healing properties, but I like the odds of chemo and radiation.
7. Remember that year when your number one goal was to survive? Oh yeah, that’s right now!
8. They say that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger? I’m betting on stronger.
9. Cancer didn’t know what it was in for when it decided to hassle you!
10. You’ve always wanted a good reason to get out of hosting Thanksgiving at your house. Now you have one.
Awesome Letter of Encouragement for Someone with Cancer
11. On the bright side, you won’t have any bad hair days for a while!
12. Guess what? You officially have a “get out of jail free” card for all those lunches you try to avoid with your in-laws!
13. We’re going to buy you the most fabulous earrings. Bald is beautiful, girl.
14. You are so determined to beat this cancer, and I’m so proud of you. You are an inspiration to everyone around you!
15. When the day comes that you are cancer-free, I will be there to celebrate right alongside you. Keep up that positive attitude because you’ve got this.
16. I have no doubt that you will tackle cancer the same way you have every other obstacle in your life: with grit and determination and your fierce I’ve-got-this attitude!
17. Cancer picked the wrong diva to mess with! I am so sorry you are going through this, but I know you will fight it with all that you have.
18. When I’m having a bad day, I think of you and your positive attitude. You are such an inspiration, and I am so blessed to have you in my life.
19. Don’t think about it like you are dying from cancer; you are living with cancer. And one day, you’ll be living without it!
20. I want to be here for you in any way that I can. Is it okay with you if I schedule a cleaning service to come in next week?
Short Positive Letter of Encouragement for Someone with Cancer
21. You have faced every doctor’s appointment with grace and strength, and I am in awe of how strong you are!
22. The road ahead of you looks scary, but I wanted to let you know that we are here to support you every step of the way.
23. I saw the most beautiful rainbow today and it reminded me of how much you love rainbows yourself.
24. I know you aren’t feeling well, kiddo, but I wanted you to know that you are the bravest boy I know.
25. May God hold you up and give you the strength to go through each day as you fight this battle.
26. So many people are cheering you on! You’re smart, brave, and very, very loved. Hang in there!
27. I’m praying for you to feel God’s comfort and presence while you are recovering. May He strengthen your heart and be the answer to all your needs.
28. May the hand of the Lord rest upon you as you recover from your recent surgery and heal.
29. While we cannot see God, we can know of His faithfulness to us during the hard times as well as the good.
30. May the peace and comfort of God surround you during this challenging time.
- What to Write in a Get Well Card
- Questions to Ask a Guy Over Text
- Joke of the Day for Adults
- Happy Mothers Day to all Moms
- Online Games to Play With Friends
What to Say to Someone who has Cancer
31. I am praying that you find strength in the Lord and his never-ending supply of love as you undergo treatment.
32. There is power in faith. Have faith that God will watch over you and protect you.
33. Whenever God brings you to something, He makes sure that He will bring you through it.
34. Always remember that God is your helper and protector. I will continue to pray that He restores your good health.
35. You’ve probably wondered to yourself why this is happening to you. God will never give us more than we can handle. He knows you are a warrior, and so do I.
36. Take a deep breath and enjoy this wonderful news. You deserve it.
37. See these tears? Happy tears! You worked so hard to beat cancer, and I couldn’t be more thrilled that you did it.
38. Wow, what great news! I am so happy for you.
39. How are you holding up? If you are up for visitors, I’d love to come over tomorrow and bring you some soup. Or would you like a pizza from your favorite restaurant?
40. How do you feel after getting this news? Today is a good day.
What to Say to Someone with Cancer
41. I had no doubt that you would kick cancer in the behind!
42. I wish I could take this pain away from you. You’ve been on my mind a lot lately, and I’m sending you a virtual hug.
43. Whatever support you need, I am here for you. Whatever I can do, whatever you need, all you need to do is ask.
44. We can start taking yoga and meditation classes if you’d like. They say it helps clear the mind and calm the soul. What do you think?
45. Do you want to look up holistic doctors or specialists? I’ll roll up my sleeves and help you do the research any time you want. We’ll find the best of the best.
46. Let’s become herbal tea aficionados. All those antioxidants are sure to help cleanse your system and fight cancer cells.
47. I’ll help you sort through all your medications and appointments. I’ll micromanage and over-organized everything for you so that keeping up with the schedule will be a breeze.
48. Give me a chore list. Tell me what your ordinary weekly tasks are and walk me through the basics. Then don’t think about them again. I’ve got them so that you can get well.
49. Can I come with you to some of your medical appointments? I’d like to drive you if you’ll let me. Would that be helpful?
50. You are my first priority. No request is too big or too small. Anything you need, I will provide.
Comforting Words for Someone with Cancer
51. I’m here for you, my friend. Whatever you need, know that I’m going to be right here for you.
52. Lean on me; that’s what friends are for. Whether you need a shoulder to cry on, a rock to support you, or someone to listen to your yell, I am here. Always and a day.
53. The best way to fight cancer is to take it one day at a time. You are always taking care of everyone around you, but you need to focus on yourself right now. Stay positive and know that we all are cheering you on.
54. Never, never, never give up.
55. You are not facing cancer alone. We will get through this together.
56. I am struggling to find the right words to write on this card, so I’ll just say this: I’ll always be here for you.
57. No matter what life has thrown at you in the past, you have survived it. And I know you are going to beat cancer, too.
58. You are not alone in this fight. You have a huge crowd of friends and family standing by your side. Remember how much we all love you.
59. How are you doing? If you would like to talk about it, I am always here, and you can call me anytime.
60. You are in everyone’s thoughts during this difficult time. Take it easy and do whatever you need to do to feel better.
- How to Tell if a Guy Likes You
- Gifts for Men Who Have Everything 2022
- Fun Things to Do for Mother’s Day Filled With Activities
- Funny Chemistry Jokes and Puns
- Best Underdog Movies of All Time
61. As if cancer stands a chance against you! It’s clearly picked the wrong person to mess with.
62. I don’t know exactly what to say, but please know how much I care about you and love you.
63. Even in the toughest of times, you continue to inspire me. I can’t wait for you to get well so we can hang out again!
64. I want to do whatever I can to help make your life a little easier for you. Mow your lawn? Go grocery shopping? Take the dog to the vet?
65. Cry. Yell. Laugh. That’s what friends are for, so don’t be afraid to call on me, okay?
66. Would you like a ride to your doctor’s appointment this week? I’d like to drive you if that would be helpful.
67. We wanted to let you know that you are not alone, and we love and care about you so much.
68. Just wanted to write you a note to wish you love and strength during this difficult time. Sending you healthy thoughts!
69. I am so sorry to hear about your cancer diagnosis. I am here to support you in any way that I can and have no doubt that you will be back to your usual self one day soon.
70. I want you to focus on getting well. Tell me what chores need to be done at the house and I will do them for you so you don’t have to think about it.
Positive Letter of Encouragement for Someone with Cancer
71. If you are feeling up for it on Saturday, I’d love to take you for something to eat. Tell me where you want to go, and I will be there to pick you up!
72. I know you feel overwhelmed right now with everything that is happening, I hope things will get easier.
73. You are so much stronger than you think. Keep on fighting and don’t give up.
74. Here’s to you—I hope that you get steadier, stronger, and better every day.
75. Cancer can’t take away your hope.
76. This is the time to put yourself first; to focus all of your energy on healing and to look forward to the day you get to ring the bell in the doctor’s office and leave cancer-free.
77. I’ve known you my whole life. Any time you’ve set out to accomplish something, you’ve done it. Beating cancer is your focus now, and I know you can do it.
78. After all that you’ve survived, do you really think some cancer cells are going to get the best of you? No way. Don’t ever lose hope in your ability to overcome.
79. With all of the good you’ve done in your life and all of the times you’ve been there for others, most certainly karma is on your side.
80. Let’s plan a trip. A weekend getaway to anywhere in the world. We’ll plan it right in the midst of all this to show cancer you’re still the boss of your own life.
Cancer Survivor Quotes
81. You have the best medical care, a strong will, and friends and family who love you. That’s the best prescription for a full and complete recovery.
82. This world is better with you in it, and you’re going to stay in it for a very long time.
83. You are one of the strongest people I know. Cancer doesn’t stand a chance against you.
84. You and I have been through so much together. Nothing will change that, not even cancer.
85. Bravery and courage are two of your greatest assets. I have no doubt that you will beat cancer and come out stronger on the other side.
86. Your strength is amazing. You inspire me every day.
87. I am so sorry this is happening to you. You have the best doctor around, and friends and family who love and support you, and we will help you get through this.
88. I can’t imagine how hard this has all been for you to deal with, especially after such a long road of treatments. I know how scared you are, and I am praying that you find some peace in the days ahead.
89. I am so sorry you haven’t been feeling as good lately. I just wanted you to know how much I love you and that I am here for you.
90. Remember how far you’ve come in your fight against this awful disease, not just how far you have to go. You may not be where you want to be, but you are a long way from where you used to be.
- Grief Quote
- Creative Scavenger Hunt
- Funny Fantasy Football Names
- Best Family Films to Stream
- Best Sarcastic Quotes
91. I know you have been through so many emotional ups and downs during your treatment, especially when you lost your hair. But I don’t want you to ever forget how beautiful you are.
92. I have seen how difficult going through chemo has been for you and you may not feel like you’re doing well, but to me, you are the most courageous person I know.
93. It seems like forever ago that you began chemo, and now you are so close to the finish line! I can’t wait to celebrate with you once it’s all over!
94. Sending positive thoughts your way every day, and I know that one day soon you will get to ring that cancer bell!
95. You have been fighting cancer for so long, and now you are in the home stretch. Your treatments are almost done! Yay! That is a reason to celebrate!
96. The journey towards recovery is a rocky one, but with the constant love and support from your friends and family, you will reach your destination!
97. Never stop believing in your extraordinary inner strength. It has brought you this far and will guide you as you beat this cancer!
98. Each day is one day closer to being done with your chemotherapy! I’m counting down right along with you.
99. Today is it! Your last day of chemotherapy treatment!
100. This journey has been a rocky one, and I know there have been times when you’ve wanted to give up. But take a look behind you and see how far you’ve come. You are amazing.
Uplifting Letter of Encouragement for Someone with Cancer
101. Sending good vibes and positive thoughts your way as you start your chemo. I hope the things in this gift basket help you pass the time during treatment.
102. Where can I learn more about what you are going through? Are there books or websites you can recommend to me?
103. Your mom told me that you are scared of the doctors. But think of the doctors and nurses as the superheroes who are going to help you feel better.
104. I know it’s so hard to see Will in so much pain. But I have faith that one day, you are both going to look back at this time and appreciate how much strength you both had in fighting this disease.
105. How about Joe and I take the kids for a night this weekend so you can get some extra rest?
106. Please don’t forget to take care of yourself while you are taking care of Jen. I’ve seen how great you are with trying to handle everything, but you deserve some “me time” for yourself.
107. Getting news like this, after all, that you went through, must be so difficult and scary. I am praying for your health.
108. I bought you these healing crystals. I don’t think they actually do anything, but they’re pretty, and they make great weapons. I thought you’d appreciate that.
109. I know you said you wanted to start dressing up more. My bad, I assumed you meant evening gowns and not hospital gowns.
110. It must be so exhausting to go through this process again. Please know that I am here to support you in any way. How about I drop off some groceries for you and the family this weekend?
111. When you come to the end of your rope… tie a knot and hang on. I’m not ready for you to let go yet!
112. Sure, life just handed you a big bowl of lemons. Instead of making lemonade, I say we make lemon drop punch.
113. Chemo sucks. But if it sucks cancer out of you, then… yay!
114. One more chemo session down! Let’s celebrate with something that doesn’t taste disgusting.
115. They say laughter is the best medicine. Unless you have cancer, in which case chemotherapy is much more effective.
116. Let’s take our herbal tea and yoga lessons seriously and give your cancer a hard time. And remember—bald is beautiful!
117. I know you are worried about losing your hair, but it can’t make you look any worse than that at-home perm Mom gave you in 1988!
118. I promise never to refer to your illness as a “journey”. Unless someone is taking you on a cruise of course.
119. Your brain is so huge you had room for a tumor!
120. Since you’ve been diagnosed with cancer, can you smoke weed legally now?
We hope this article on letter of encouragement for someone with cancer has been helpful and has been able to put a smiling face on someone’s face. Kindly share this article with family, friends, and colleagues. Cheers.