Befitting Indian Lord Shiva Names for Male Children.
Lord Shiva names for baby boys have been drafted from the rich supply of various names that have been attributed to this particular deity. This Hindu god has its image and names splattered everywhere in India and gradually these names are permeating the global space.
Consequently, many parents in India have christened their male children some of these Lord Shiva names or their abstractions. Maybe to boost their kids’ image or maybe to encourage them to imbibe similar traits, these names make a whole lot of sense.
However, in whatever light you want to view these names, they are actually lovely. It’s not just their religious significance, they also have great meanings. If you are still searching for befitting names for your kids, you might want to consider any from this list we are providing below.
Sacred Lord Shiva Names for Male Kids
1. Aashutosh – Someone who is constantly happy and content.
2. Abhay – Abhay means ‘fearless.’ Whether it is saving the world from evil forces or rescuing his devotees from hardships, Lord Shiva is known to be fearless and courageous.
3. Abhigamyah – Everything is easily attainable.
4. Abhiprayah – The one who faces those marching towards the infinite.
5. Abhirama – Legend has it that Lord Shiva is a yogi and is not attracted to worldly pleasures. The name Abhirama – means ‘one who takes pleasure from one’s soul,’ which is an apt name for Lord Shiva Abhivadyah – Someone who is revered and respected by everybody.
6. Achalopamah – A person who is motionless and still; one with patience.
7. Achintya – Beyond comprehension.
8. Achintyah – Shiva, in all his magnificence, has a character that is beyond our comprehension. Achintyah means ‘unthinkable.’
9. Adhoksaja – The creator.
10. Adikarah – The first creator.
11. Aja – A unisex name that means someone who is unborn and eternal.
12. Akshayaguna – One with limitless attributes.
13. Alokah – Transcending the worlds, vision, sight, appearance, glimmer, aspect.
14. Amaresah – Means ‘the lord of the gods’, name of indra.
15. Amrtyu – One who is unassailable; blessed with infinite life and immortality.
16. Anagha – Someone who is sinless and with no fault in them.
17. Ananthadrishti – A person with the gift of the infinite vision of the future.
18. Aniket – Lord of all, homeless, lord of the world.
19. Augadh -Someone who revels in life at all possible times.
20. Avyagrah – A person with singular vision and not distracted by the materialistic world.
21. Ayudhi – The Lord who wields the trident as his main weapon.
22. Balavan – Someone who is strong.
23. Bhairav – One who can vanquish fear and is formidable in nature.
24. Bhalanetra – The person who has the all-seeing eye on his forehead.
25. Bhavesh – Means the ‘lord of the world’, lord ruler.
26. Bholenath – The Lord who is kind-hearted and benevolent toward everyone.
27. Bhudeva – The Lord of the Earth and all its present natural beings.
28. Bijadhyaksh – The person who is responsible for controlling both virtues and vice.
29. Brahmakrit – Someone who has authored the Vedas.
30. Brahman – An individual who is not limited by time and space; unreal from the Sruti.
31. Chalah – Looking for a name that has a simple spelling but encapsulates the magnificence of Shiva? Go for Chalah, which means ‘ever-moving’ and refers to the greatness of Lord Shiva.
32. Chandramouli – According to Hindu mythology, Lord Shiva wears the moon as his crown, and Chandramouli means ‘one who wears the moon as a crown.’
33. Chandrapal – The one who controls the moon and is her master.
34. Chandrasekhara – This is the name of one of the incarnations of Lord Shiva. It is said that he married Goddess Parvati in this incarnation. It is derived from the Sanskrit words ‘Chandra,’ meaning ‘moon,’ and ‘Sekhara,’ meaning ‘crest.’
35. Charulingah – The name Charulingah means ‘attractive.’ It is a name popularly used to address Lord Shiva.
36. Chiranjeevi – Long-lived, immortal
37. Chandraprakash – The light emitted by the moon.
38. Dakshah -The name Dakshah refers to Lord Shiva. It also means the one who is ‘persevering.’
39. Dakshinamurti – This is the name of another form of Lord Shiva as a teacher of all the teachers of the world. If you want to give your boy a unique Lord Shiva name, then go for it.
40. Dayalu – A name that depicts kindness and overall compassion.
41. Devadeva – One who is the Lord of all Lords and ruler of all beings on the Earth.
42. Devarshih – Means ‘divine sage’.
43. Devesh – Means ‘god of the divines, praised by deities or king of God.
44. Dhanadeepa – Meaning ‘lord of wealth’.
45. Dhruvah – Means ‘one who is immovable’.
46. Dhyanadeep – A central icon of concentration along with meditation.
47. Digambara – The one who wears the skies as his clothes.
48. Duradharsa – Someone who is impenetrable and incapable of being attacked.
49. Durjaya – An individual who is difficult to conquer or is unvanquished.
50. Durvasah – A person who resides in places that are difficult like Lord Shiva.
51. Gajaha – The Lord who was responsible in slaying the elephants.
52. Gajendra – The one who removed the dangers posed by the Lord of elephants.
53. Ganakarta – Means ‘creator of the tattvas’.
54. Gandalih – The Lord who resides in the mighty hills of the Himalayas.
55. Gangadhara – Lord of the mighty and legendary river Ganga that flows from the Himalayas.
56. Girijapathi – Lord Shiva himself or someone who is a consort of the Lord.
57. Girish – God of mountain, selfish and kind, lord of speech.
58. Gopalih – Means the ‘protector of senses’.
59. Gurudev – The one who is a master of all beings.
60. Hara – A person who will remove sins from the planet Earth.
61. Hutah – The person who is pleased with the offerings given to him.
62. Idhyah – The name Idhyah means ‘praiseworthy.’ It is a great option for your son.
63. Ishaan – If you are looking for a modern and stylish Lord Shiva name, then go with Ishaan, which means ‘ruler,’
64. Ishvara – According to Hinduism, Ishvara means ‘supreme soul,’ ‘ruler,’ or ‘God.’ So, Ishvara is also a synonym for Lord Shiva.
65. Jagadadhija – The one who originated at the beginning of the universe.
66. Jagadisha – Means ‘master of the universe’.
67. Jatin – The one who has matted hair and is disciplined.
68. Kailas – The Lord who resides in the legendary mountain of Kailash.
69. Kailashnath – Means ‘master of mount Kailash’.
70. Kaladharaya – He who adorns the crescent moon on himself.
71. Kamalakshana – The Lord who is lotus-eyed and kind to all.
72. Kantha – Someone who is beautiful and radiant.
73. Khatvangin – A person who wields the all-powerful Khatvangin missile.
74. Lalathaksha – The one who has the all-seeing Eye on his forehead.
75. Lingadhyaksha – Lord of all the lingas that are abiding on the planet.
76. Lokankara – The one who is responsible for the creation of three worlds.
77. Lokapal – Someone who takes care of the world and its well-being.
78. Madanah – The one who is known as the God of love.
79. Madhukalochanah – Red-eyed.
80. Mahabuddhi – An individual who is extremely intelligent by nature.
81. Mahadeva – The Lord who is over everybody else; the great divine.
82. Mahakala – Means ‘lord of all times’, most powerful god.
83. Mahamrithunjaya – The one who has emerged victorious over death.
84. Mahashakthimaya – The Lord who is blessed with abundant power and strength.
85. Maheshwar – The great God.
86. Mrityuanjaya – The Lord who has been able to overcome and conquer death.
87. Nagabhushana – Someone who wears snakes as ornaments.
88. Nataraja – Another name for the Lord when he gets into a state of angry trance.
89. Nilakantha – Legend has it that Lord Shiva has poison stored in his throat to save the world, which gives a blue color to his throat, giving him the name Nilakantha, which means ‘the blue-throated one.’
90. Niranjan – Derived from Sanskrit, Niranjan means ‘spotless,’ ‘pure,’ or ‘supreme being.’ It is one among the many names of Lord Shiva.
91. Nityasundara – According to Hindu Mythology, Lord Shiva has the boon to remain young and handsome forever, earning him the name Nityasundara, which means ‘forever beautiful.’
92. Nityasundara – One who glows with beauty and radiance all around.
93. Niyamasrithah – One who seeks answers with the help of ordinances.
94. Nyagrodhah – The spiritually-bound and ascetic Banyan tree.
91. Niranjan – Derived from Sanskrit, Niranjan means ‘spotless,’ ‘pure,’ or ‘supreme being.’ It is one among the many names of Lord Shiva. – One who commands authority by issuing ordinances.
96. Omkar – Om is the primal sound by which the earth was created.
97. Paashivimochakah – A person who liberates someone from the different bonds that hold them.
98. Padah – The goal, the object that is supposed to be sought after and obtained.
99. Padmagarbhan – One with a ‘lotus womb’ shaped belly.
100. Padmanabhan – The person with a lotus navel.
101. Palanhaar – The one who protects everybody and oversees it all.
102. Panchavaktra – The five-faced man who sees, hears, feels and knows all.
103. Pandita – A learned man who is acquainted with the knowledge of the world.
104. Param – One who is a supreme being.
- A List of Cool Last Names Very Suitable as First Names
- Romani Names that Reflect their Rich Gypsy Heritage
- Warlock Names Capable of Giving You Goose Bumps
105. Paramathma – The supreme soul that wanders the three worlds.
106. Paramathma – The supreme soul that wanders the three worlds.
107. Paramesthin – The one who stays at the highest points or the points which are highly developed.
108. Parivrdha – The chief of the village; the one who overlooks and protects all.
109. Paryah – The person who is praised by the liberated people.
110. Pashupathi – The Lord who leads all living beings, including animals.
111. Pashupati – Pashupati means ‘lord of all living beings’, ‘lord of all animals’.
112. Patikhecherah – The one who rules all the chirping birds on the planet Earth.
113. Pinaki – The one who has a bow in his hand; armed with the supreme bow.
114. Pranava – The one who originated and started the most sacred symbol of ‘Om’.
115. Priyabhaktha – A person who is universally loved by all the devotees.
116. Pushkara – A person who provides nourishment, like a lotus/ blue in colour.
117. Ravilochana – Means ‘having sun as the eye’.
118. Rudra – The fearsome form of Lord Shiva, the name given to the God of Storms.
119. Rudransh – Rudransh means ‘part of Shiva.’ This is a stylish and modern baby boy’s name.
120. Sadashiva – Meaning ‘eternal God’, the one who is always happy, loving and auspicious.
121. Sarvashiva – Eternally pure.
122. Shambhu – Means ‘source of happiness’, abode of joy; lord shiva; Sa + Amba – with Amba.
123. Shankara – The supreme giver of joy. It is also a musical raag and also means auspicious.
124. Shoolin – The one who wields the trident.
125. Shrikantha – Another name of Lord Vishnu and Shiva – the one with the glorious neck.
126. Someshwara – The one who is the God of all Gods.
127. Sukhada – The person who bestows happiness onto everyone.
128. Suprita – The one who is adored and loved by everyone.
129. Swayambhu – A person who is self-manifested.
130. Tejaswini – Different illustrations of Lord Shiva or someone who is bright.
131. Trilokpati – The one who is regarded as the master of the three worlds.
132. Tripurari – The enemy of Tripur Asuras (three city of demons).
133. Trishoolin – The Lord who wields the omnipotent trident in his hands.
134. Umapathi – Someone who is the consort of the Lord Uma.
135. Umapati – Meaning ‘consort of Uma’.
136. Uttaranah – The person who rescues.
137. Varad – Means ‘granter of boons’, aag ka bhagavaan.
138. Veerabhadra– Legend has it that Veerabhadra is an extremely aggressive and fearsome form of Lord Shiva and was created by the wrath of Shiva to destroy Daksha Yagna. This could be an apt name for your baby boy.
139. Vishveshwara – One of the many names of Lord Shiva is Vishveshwara, which means ‘Lord of the universe.’
140. Vishwanath – Lord Shiva is also known by this name, which means ‘master of the universe.’ According to Hindu mythology, Lord Shiva is one of the three deities who rule this universe.
141. Vyomakesh – This name is derived from the Sanskrit words Vyoma, meaning ‘sky,’ and Kesh, meaning ‘hair.’ It is the name of Lord Shiva as he is said to have hair like the sky.
Definitely, your male child can also be a god. It doesn’t have to be in the supernatural anyway. Just by giving him one of these Lord Shiva names, you can completely redirect his life.
If this article has been of interest to you, you should share it with friends and love ones.