Brilliant Baby Names that Mean Angel for New Born.
Names that Mean Angel: There’s absolutely no understatement here. These tiny creatures are simply angelic. It wouldn’t be any less befitting if you christen your kids’ names that mean angel. If you have ever been with a newborn before, you will surely agree that are truly divine beings.
Interestingly, most parents share this view that babies are mini angels. Some of them go ahead to assign names that mean angels to these young humans. Newborn must certainly have come from heaven. No way could they have turned out to be as lovely, innocent, and beautiful as they appear to be.
Consequently, if you have been acquainted with the Christian religion and even some other religions, you must have heard countless mentions of angelic names. Simply, the joy that newborn babies bring, the heavenly features, and some of their mysterious attributes make them suited to be called names of angels.
However, you may not find a large compendium of names that mean angels whether in your religious books or the bible. As such, we have taken the stress of this search off you by putting together this awesome list of names that mean angels for your newborn.
Heavenly Names that Mean Angel for Female Kids
1. Angel – The actual word ‘Angel’ has a beautiful meaning that of ‘Messenger of God or a divine messenger.’ It is one of the most taken names for baby girls.
3. Angelina – The name Angelina is a very cute Greek baby girl name meaning ‘messenger or angel.’ It is one of the most happening heavenly names.
4. Angelique – Angelique is the French variation of Angela. This name is on the rise, along with its sister names Angelica and Angelina. You can credit the popularity of this name to Angelique Bouchard Collins, the glam girl of “Dark Shadows’. After a long run of monikers ending with ‘a’, a name ending with ‘e’ is definitely fresh.
5. Angelisa – Angelisa is an uncommon Latin feminine name of poetic nature and would perfectly suit a delicate and mild baby girl. Angelisa is one of the variations on the name Angelica.
6. Aniela – It is a popular Poland origin classy name. Its meaning is ‘gracious or merciful.’
7. Ariel – This baby girl’s name has been derived from a Biblical and Hebrew culture. Ariel simply means ‘Lioness of God.’ It is one of the most popular names.
8. Charmeine – Charmiene, the variation of Charmaine belongs to the angel of harmony. The meaning of Charmaine is ‘singer’. This name entered the top 100 list in 1913 and then in the top 50 within just a decade. It’s said that there more than 10,000 baby girls were named Chameine when it was at its peak.
9. Dina – Dina is a feminine name that means ‘angel of learning and wisdom.’
10. Erelah – Erelah is a rhythmic Hebrew name, meaning ‘angel’. Eralah is quite distinct from other angelic baby names. It is more dainty and feminine than Dara and Gotzone and more substantive than Dina and Rosangel.
11. Evangeline – Evangeline is the name composed of Greek element ‘EU’, meaning ‘well’ & Angeles’, which also means ‘messenger.’ Hence, the name means ‘the bearer of good news.’
12. Gloria – Gloria is an angelic, sweet-sounding Latin baby girl name, that means ‘glory.’
13. Gotzone – Want a unique name for your little angel, go for Gotzone. It is a Basque baby name meaning ‘angel.’
14. Haven – This is an English name that means ‘a place of shelter, safety.’ It’s a lovely name depicting warmth and safety.
15. Laila – Laila a very cute Arabic name, is the angel of conception who protects and oversees childbirth. This name is among the top list of names in Australia and the United States of America.
16. Mariangela – It is a lovely combination of Maria and Angel that means ‘rebel angel’ and will make a lovely name for your princess.
17. Melek – This royal Turkish name is a popular name meaning ‘angel’. The name is very popular in Turkey and can also be used for boys.
18. Micheangela – Micheangela is one of the most popular names in Rome. The meaning of this unique name is ‘who is like God.’
19. Parisa – This is a very exotic name for a baby girl meaning ‘like an angel.’ This name is Persian derived.
20. Rabia – In Arabic, this means ‘spring.’ This is a beautiful feminine name for your baby angel.
21. Rosangel – This one is an American-originated baby name which is a combination of 2 elements rosa, which means ‘rose’ and angela, which means ‘angel.’ meaning ‘Rose of an angel.’
22. Seraphina – Seraphina is a Hebrew origin name inspired by the six-winged angel named Seraphim. The meaning is ‘fiery winged.’
23. Eden – Eden is a heavenly unique name meaning ‘delight.’
24. Luz – Luz is an uncommon Spanish feminine name meaning ‘light.’ This name reminds us of the beams of sunshine and parting clouds.
25. Tien – Tien is a unique Vietnamese name perfectly suitable for your baby meaning ‘angel’.
26. Trinity – Trinity is a spiritually divine Latin origin name that would perfectly suit your little princess meaning ‘triad.’
Saintly Names that Mean Angel Boys
1. Abaddon – Abaddon is the angelized form of the Greek name Apollyon and it means ‘destroyer.’ Abaddon is the name of the minister of death and the angel-prince of the infernal regions.
2. Angelo – Derived from the Greek, It means ‘divine messenger of God’. Anjelo is a spelling variation of this name.
3. Ariel – This name Ariel means ‘Lion of gods.’ This name can be used for both boys and girls.
4. Cael – The name Cael belongs to one of the warriors of the Irish mythology & the zodiac sign is Cancer. It means ‘slender’ and is a unisex name that is short.
5. Castiel – As a nickname, you can opt for this, as this is a simple and straightforward name. The meaning of this Hebrew name is, ‘my cover is God’ or ‘shield of god.’
6. Evangeline – This name Evangeline means ‘good news’ or ‘the Bringer of good news.’ This name is both sophisticated and timeless.
7. Evangelos – This one is a Greek name which is made up of 2 names which are ‘EU’, which means ‘good’, and ‘Angelos,’ which means ‘messenger’. Hence, the name means ‘good messenger.’
8. Gabriel – Gabriel is the angel who gave news of Jesus’s birth. He is featured in all the Abrahamic texts. It means “God is my strength”.
9. Haniel – As per the Jewish lore, Haniel is the name of the angel related to the planet Venus. Also, Hanniel is the angelized name for the ‘gift of God.’ It is a beautiful name for a baby boy.
10. Hariel – This name means ‘Mountain of God’, ‘The angel who rules over December, Capricon and the dawn.
11. Javan – As per the Bible, Javan is the son of Noah i.e ancestor of Greek People & guardian angel of Greece. It means ‘Greece.’
12. Kafziel – Kafziel is a Hebrew name, meaning ‘speedy one of God’. He is an angel of the Jewish legend. Unlike other angels, Kafziel is not a doer, but a watched. Also called the angel of tears and solitude, Kafziel presides over the deaths of kings. He is also associated with the Seventh Heaven, Saturn.
13. Kemuel – The meaning of this Hebrew name is ‘helper of God.’ It is basically on the lines of the famous name ‘Samuel.’
14. Malach – It is the Anglicized form of the Hebrew name Malak, meaning ‘angel who is noble.’ As per the Bible, Malak is a word used to denote a messenger from God.
15. Michael – Michael is the angel who led the other angels in a war against Satan. In the Hebrew language, Michael’s meaning is ‘who is like God.’
16. Michelangelo – This one is an Italian name which is made up of Michael, which means ‘who is like God’ and Angelo, which means ‘messenger or angel.’
17. Orifiel – Orifiel is an Old Testament archangel meaning ‘my neck is God’. He is believed to direct his gaze backward in time to the world of the past. You can also spell this name Orifiel. This moniker has a serious and studious image, just like its namesake archangel.
18. Raguel – The meaning of Raguel is ‘friend of God.’ He is known as the angel of fairness, justice, and harmony.
19. Ramiel – This is an Arabic name that means “Thunder of Gods”. It has 2 Hebrew elements of ‘raam’ and ‘el’ meaning ‘God.’
20. Raphael – Raphael is one of the seven angels who attended the throne as the healing’s angel. He is also considered the patron of doctors, science, travelers, and healing. This name sounds both powerful and artistic.
21. Raziel – Raziel is the name of the angel who guards the ‘secrets of the universe.’ He is also commonly known as the angel of mysteries.
22. Samuel – This name is of one of the prophets in the Jewish mythology who was destined for a holy life right from his birth. Meaning is ‘Name of God’ or ‘God heard.’
23. Uriel – This one is a Hebrew name which is means “the light of Lord” or “light and flame”. It is a very unique name.
24. Yael – A very common name in Israel and means ‘to ascend.’ The Hebrew meaning is ‘mountain goat.’
25. Zadkiel – This means ‘Righteousness of God’, Zadkiel was the angel of freedom and benevolence. Zadkiel is also associated with ritual magic.
26. Zerachiel – In Hebrew, Zerachiel is the name of one of the angels in the Book of Enoch, which means ‘God’s command.’ His main duty is to lead souls to their judgment.
Accordingly, you now have a substantial list of choices of names that mean angel. You are at liberty to pick anyone for your kids. Bear in mind that these angelic names can bring positive attributes to your child’s life
Just as you learned from this article, share it with friends so they too can learn.