Astute Names that mean Protector for Brave and Fiery Kids.
Names that mean Protector: As lovely as they can be, stories of heroes and heroic gestures tend to be our favourite. Names of these protectors of mankind always seem to spur in us the desire to do more. Both fictional and nonfictional names of protectors always have inherent messages for us.
Notably, names that mean protector have evolved over the years of man’s existence. Different climes, cultures, and nations have these names that inspire their population to do more than the norm. These extraordinary individuals have their names someone deified because of their giant strides.
Incidentally, most parents have taken the steps to name their kids these heroic names. Names that mean protector can be heard on a more regular basis these days.
However, some parents are still at lost as to what names to give their kids. Some of you that wish to attach names that mean protector to your newborn babies can avail yourselves of this compact list.
Male Names That Mean Protector
1. Aasim – A beautiful Indian name.
2. Aimon – The name that means a rich protector comes from Ireland.
3. Chadd – A short and sweet English name.
4. Ajax – Ajax has a Greek origin. It means ‘strong warrior’. Parents can choose this implying that the baby boy will grow into a brave fighter.
5. Albern – This classical name has English roots to it. Albern means ‘noble warrior’ who fights for justice, being noble as well as sturdy.
6. Alexander – Who would not want their baby boy to be an Alexander? This famous name has a Greek name and means ‘defender of men’.
7. Alger – The warrior name for boys, Alger has an English origin. It means a ‘clever warrior’ implying that the boy would be a good strategist.
8. Alvaro – Meaning: Spanish for “cautious”
9. Amanpal – It is a lyrical Indian name which means the one who protects peace.
10. Andrus – This exotic name is the Estonian equivalent of the word ‘warrior’. You can choose this for an offbeat name.
11. Barron – This name is of English origin and means ‘warrior’. This name is a variation of the title Baron. The name implies royalty as well as toughness.
12. Berenger – This reliable name is for a baby boy who is a ‘warrior fighting with a spear’. It has German roots.
13. Birendra – This name has Indian Sanskrit origin. Birendra means ‘king of warriors’.
14. Boris – Who doesn’t know Boris Becker? This name is of Slavic origin. Boris means ‘to fight’, and the great tennis player was a great fighter.
15. Blaz – This very short and unusual name from Germany means an unwavering protector.
16. Bomani -This name is of African origin that means warrior. In Swahili, Bomani means ‘strong soldier’ and is a popular name.
17. Caddock – This name has roots in England. It means ‘war-ready, battle sharp’. This name implies the baby boy would become a talented strategist.
18. Cadogan – This name has got a Welsh origin. Cadogan means ‘honour in battle’. This name has a great history with many early Welsh leaders sporting this surname.
19. Callan – This name is highly prevalent in Scotland, its place of origin. It means ‘rock, battle’ signifying a warrior as solid as a rock.
20. Chevy – This name is in the US top 1000 and has a French origin. It means ‘horseman, knight’. Short form of Chevalier.
21. Danahue – It is an Irish name which means ‘dark fighter’. Select this if you are looking out for a new trendy and sweet name for a tough boy.
22. Dieter – This name has a German origin. Dieter means ‘warrior of the people’. Derived from German theud ‘people’ and hari ‘army’.
23. Duncan – This name is of Scottish origin, which means ‘dark warrior’. This famous name is present in many outstanding literary works.
24. Dustin – This name is of Norse, Scandinavian origin. Dustin means ‘brave warrior’. Related name is Thorstein, Thor’s stone.
25. Eamon – A French name meaning a prosperous protector.
26. Earl – This name is of English origin and an aristocratic title for nobles. It comes from the old English eorl ‘nobleman, warrior’.
27. Edmon – The classic French name means a prosperous protector.
28. Edmundo – This classic English name is at once modern and stylish.
29. Ehno – An Italian version of protector.
30. Einar – Einar means ‘lone or bold warrior’. This name from Norway implies that the baby boy would have the strength to face everything alone against all the odds.
31. Eloy – This name has Spanish origin, and it means mighty warrior’. It has Latin, Spanish and even a French connection.
32. Eumann – A beautiful Scottish name which sounds lyrical yet strong.
33. Evander – This name is an extended version of the famous name Evan. This Scottish, Greek origin name means ‘bow warrior, strong man’.
34. Finian – This masculine name is of Scottish origin. Finian means ‘handsome warrior’, a pride of any parent who wants to see his boy become a tough, handsome young man.
35. Fremont – This German name means the one who will protect liberty.
36. Gerald – It is a popular German name. Gerald means ‘warrior who fights with a spear’, a combination of modern with ancient.
37. Gideon – If you are looking out for a Hebrew name for a warrior, then Gideon is an excellent choice for your strong and brave baby boy.
38. Harold – This name is of Scandinavian origin, which means ‘army ruler’. Associated with King of England before Norman conquest, it is making a return.
39. Harry – It comes from the English language.
- Acceptable Nerdy Names for Boys and Girls that are Quite Stylish
- Some Excellent European Names and their Meanings
- Brilliant Baby Names that Mean Angel for New Born
40. Herman – Herman is of German origin. It means ‘soldier warrior’. It is a famous ancient name and is making a strong comeback in recent years.
41. Herve – This name is of French origin meaning ‘battle worthy’. The baby boy will grow into a man worthy of any life battle.
42. Humphrey – Humphrey Bogart fame, this ‘peaceful warrior’ meaning is derived from two Germanic elements hun ‘warrior’ and frid ‘peace’.
43. Igor – This name is of Scandinavian, Russian origin. It means ‘heroic warrior’ or ‘warrior of peace’ from Ingyar, who was the warrior of Ing, Norse God of peace.
44. Ivor – The Irish origin name means ‘archer, bow warrior’. It is from the combination of yr meaning ‘bow’ and arr meaning ‘warrior’ derived Norse name Ivarr.
45. Jimmu – Jimmu is a ‘name that means divine warrior’. It is of Japanese origin. It comes from jim meaning ‘God’ and mu meaning ‘military’.
46. Junaid – This name is of Arabic origin and means ‘warrior, soldier’. It is a popular Muslim name in many countries.
47. Kane – Kane means ‘warrior’ and is of Celtic, Japanese and Hawaiian origin. It is popular in Australia as a first name. Citizen Kane considered one of the best movies ever made has also popularised this name.
48. Kaiden – This name is of Celtic origin and means ‘warrior’. You can choose this slightly unusual name which is a variation of Kaden.
49. Kimble – This poetic name is a classic English name and means ‘chief of the warriors’ Parents can choose this name to see their baby reach the pinnacle of success.
50. Louis – This name is of German, French origin meaning ‘renowned warrior’. This name is making a comeback with Sandra Bullock and British royals naming their child Louis.
51. Ludovic – This name is of Scottish, Italian origin. It means ‘famous warrior’. Name your baby boy Ludovic to see him emerge famous and brave.
52. Luigi – It is a classic Italian name with many famous namesakes. It means ‘renowned warrior’, implying the boy will be brilliant and a fighter all the way.
53. Ludvig – This name is of German origin. The lovely firm name Ludvig means a ‘respected warrior’ an attribute which you would like to see in your baby boy.
54. Magnar – Magnar means ‘a feared or especially strong warrior’. This powerful word implies that the boy will be a powerhouse of a man as he grows up.
55. Madisen – It is one of the names that mean a ‘powerful warrior’. It is a variation of the name Madison.
56. Murphy – This name has an Irish origin. Murphy means ‘sea warrior’. It comes from an old Irish name Murchad. This name has a connection with ship mechanism also.
57. Naois – This name carries the meaning ‘mythical warrior’ and is of Celtic origin. This lovely poetic name is an excellent choice for your baby boy.
58. Nassir – This Arabic name is at once exotic and lyrical.
59. Ned – It’s a shorter version of the name Edmond.
60. Oscar – It is a well-known name made famous by the popular awards. This Irish name means ‘champion warrior, God spear.’
61. Owen – Owen means a ‘young warrior’ of noble birth and is of Welsh origin. This name is becoming increasingly popular with many actors sporting this name.
62. Ray – A classic English name that is short and easy to remember. It means a wise protector.
63. Reinhold – The German name refers to a wise protector.
64. Roger – Now the name is made more popular by the celebrated champion Tennis player Federer; Roger means a ‘legendary famous warrior’.
65. Ryder – It is a common name derived from the old English ridere meaning ‘mounted warrior or cavalryman’. Choose this for a trendy name.
66. Salman – It is one of the most popular and most recognized names in India.
67. Sasha – A lovely Russian name that is equally lyrical and exotic.
68. Sigmund – The German name means a victorious protector.
69. Skoldolfr – Pronounced as Skoldof, the Icelandic name means a protector wolf.
70. Usbeorn – This name has an English origin and means ‘a divine warrior’. You can choose this name if you need qualities like good strength of character, discipline and fair play in the boy.
71. Werner – If you are you looking for an unusual name to convey the meaning ‘protector, army’, you can choose Werner. This name has roots in Germany and England.
Female Names That Mean Protector
1. Aife – If you are looking out for a name that means princess warrior, then Aife is the right choice. It is spelt Aoife in Irish, which means a ‘great warrior princess’.
2. Ahira – It is a beautiful sounding name that is lyrical and comes from Ireland.
3. Alastair – This Scottish name is at once modern, yet has a fabled ring to it.
4. Alessandra – The Italian name sounds so royal and mythological at the same time.
5. Alesta – The beautiful Scottish name is sure to garner attention and admiration.
6. Alexa – This pretty Greek name means the one who will protect mankind.
7. Aloisa – This word is of German origin. It means ‘renowned warrior’, a girl who would grow up showing qualities of a good warrior.
8. Amana – This lovely name is of Swahili origin, the lingua franca of the great lakes region of Africa. This baby girl name means a ‘warrior at heart, loyal and faithful’.
9. Andrea – This lovely name means ‘strong’, an essential quality to be a warrior. It is a name of German, Italian and English origin.
10. Amyntas – A lyrical and beautiful Latin American name.
11. Arminda – Another Latin American name which means the protector of mankind.
12. Axelia – The name sounds appropriate for a fantasy story and comes from Greece.
13. Bellatrix – This name sounds as if it is taken out of a dystopian or mythological story.
14. Boyana: The short and lyrical name is the feminine version of the male name Boyan.
15. Clodovea – The very unique name from Spain sounds extremely exotic, and will at once attract attention.
16. Deandr – It is a beautifully lyrical and exotic English name which means a divine protector.
17. Delmira – Another beautiful name from Germany meaning a noble protector.
18. Dustine – Coming from the American culture, it is a modern name that will sound pretty too.
19. Eferhild – The English name that sounds at once classy and intriguing has a beautiful meaning too. It means a warrior maiden.
20. Elda – It is a beautiful, short and sweet girl warrior name from Italy.
21. Emlyn – Just as the name sounds sweet, it also has an equally strong meaning. The English name means a brave and noble warrior.
22. Gertrude – The German name is at once modern yet exotic, and means an adored warrior.
23. Griselda – As a combination name, it uses two different words, gris, which means ‘grey,’ and hilda, which means ‘battle.’
24. Hida – The short and easy to pronounce name comes from Germany.
25. Ilma – This sweet name has a German origin. It carries the meaning of ‘resolute protector’ suggesting that she is very reliable.
26. Kayleigh – The beauty of this name is that it is at once exotic as well as modern. It is a Scottish name.
27. Keilee – This name has a Gaelic, Irish origin. Keilee means ‘warrior, protector’. A similar-sounding name is Kayleigh of Scottish origin meaning ‘warrior.’
28. Kella – It is a baby girl name from Ireland meaning ‘warrior’. This short name is perfect for a baby girl warrior.
29. Kendria – This royal sounding English name means just that, a royal protector.
30. Lexi – A short and sweet name from Greece.
31. Louella – This lovely name has its roots in France. It means ‘famous warrior, renowned fighter’. It is an excellent choice for your cute little one.
32. Louisane – A beautiful popular name with roots in Germany. It means a ‘renowned warrior’, suggesting that the baby would be known as a fighter.
33. Marcella – This warrior baby name is of Latin origin. It means ‘young warrior’, implying that the baby would be tenacious all along.
34. Meredith – This sweet-sounding name is of Celtic origin. It means ‘protector of the sea’ implying she will rule and protect nature.
35. Nakano – Nakano is a Japanese girl name meaning warrior. It is a popular name or surname in the country with many people going in for this.
36. Odile – This lyrical name is of French origin and means ‘prospers in battle’. She is the one who wins her fights in the right way.
37. Ouisa – This name means ‘renowned warrior’ or a ‘famous warrior maiden’. Ouisa is a shortened form of Louisa, which is the feminine form of Louis.
38. Philomena – This name means ‘lover of strength’, a combination of words Phil ‘friend, lover’ and menos ‘strength, courage’. It is of Greek origin.
39. Rosabella – This cute name has its roots in Germany. It means a ‘noted protector’. The parents can hope to see their daughter known in society for her positive attributes.
40. Ritza – This short name has a German origin. It means a ‘noted protector’. She will become a famous fighter for justice.
41. Romilda – It is a German baby name meaning a ‘glorious battle maiden’. Derived from the old German name Romhilde.
42. Rosabella – A noted protector, the name comes from Germany.
43. Sandra – This reliable name is the feminine form of Alexander. It means ‘protector or defender of man’. Sandra Bullock is one famous personality with this name.
44. Sezia -This beautiful Russian name is at once lyrical and exotic.
45. Tesha – This new name is from India. It means ‘survivor’. In old Greek, Tesha means ‘hunter or harvester’.
46. Tilly – This name is of German origin and means ‘battle-mighty’. It is a diminutive form of Matilda.
47. Trudy – Trudy means ‘adored warrior’. It has a German origin. The girl will become famous for her fighting qualities.
48. Valda – Valda means ‘battle heroine’ or ‘famous ruler’ and is of German origin. It is a lovely name for your cute heroine.
49. Valentina – Derived from Valens meaning ‘strong vigorous and powerful’, it is the feminine form of Valentine.
50. Vigga -It is the female version of the male Viggo. This name means ‘war or battle’ and is of Scandinavian or Danish origin.
51. Zandra – A unique name starting with ‘z’ means ‘defending men’. It has a Greek origin.
52. Zelda – Zelda is a warrior baby name of German origin. This rare exotic name starting with ’z’ means gray fighting maid’.
Truthfully, a good number of heroes have graced our planet in the past few years. Their stories and exploit have been immortalized in their names. Your kids will certainly fall in love with these names that mean protector.
Your fellow parents and friends will be glad to see this nice article. Do well to share it with them.