Pain Quotes –
Suffering and pain are a natural part of existence. Here is a compilation of inspirational and uplifting pain quotes to remind you of your own strength and power.
The worst type of pain is chronic pain. Of course, some days are worse than others, but on the bad days, a little bit of understanding goes a long way. You’re not alone, after all. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, chronic pain affects about 50 million persons in the United States (CDC).
These 200+ quotes on chronic pain give motivation, empathy, and understanding, ranging from celebrities with chronic pain to doctors and pain-expert authors, amongst others.
Chronic Pain Quotes for Empathy and Motivation
Recognize your discomfort rather than avoiding it. After you’ve processed it, look for methods to let it go. Don’t wait for time to heal your wounds because the longer you wait for them to heal, the more harm they will do. Don’t be afraid to seek help if you believe you require it to conquer your misery.
Check out 200+ chronic pain quotes for empathy and motivation below.
Pain Sad Quotes
1. Behind every beautiful thing, there’s been some kind of pain.
2. You can’t run away from trouble. There ain’t no place that far.
3. It’s so hard to forget pain, but it’s even harder to remember sweetness. We have no scar to show for happiness. We learn so little from peace.
4. I don’t believe there is pleasure in life. I believe there is only relief of pain… We have to suffer to be on top.
5. Nothing prevents happiness like the memory of happiness.
6. You have to die a few times before you can really live.
7. The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.
8. The prettiest smile hides the deepest secrets. The prettiest eyes have cried the most tears. And the kindest hearts have felt the most pain.
SYLVIA PLATH (more Sylvia Plath quotes)
10. There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery.
- 200+ Cousin Quotes That Perfectly Describe Your Bond
- 180+ Fitness Quotes – Motivational Quotes to Help You Reach Your Goals
- 120+ Depression Quotes and Sayings to Not Feel Alone
- 200 Good Morning Quotes to Start Your Day in a Bright Way
- 150+ Mindset Quotes to Help Build A Growth Mindset
Pain Quotes Naruto
- I think that humans have a huge capacity to carry pain and sadness. There are things that haunt us our entire lives; we are unable to let them go. The good times seem almost effervescent and dreamlike in comparison with the times that didn’t go so well.
2. When you give someone your whole heart and he doesn’t want it, you cannot take it back. It’s gone forever.
3. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: it is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world.
4. Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
5. Life swings like a pendulum backward and forward between pain and boredom.
6. Adventures are all very well in their place, but there’s a lot to be said for regular meals and freedom from pain.
7. I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hates so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain.
8. Life didn’t promise to be wonderful.
9. It has been said, ‘time heals all wounds.’ I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.
ROSE FITZGERALD KENNEDY
10. When you compare the sorrows of real life to the pleasures of the imaginary one, you will never want to live again, only to dream forever.
Pain Tear Heart Broken Quotes
1. Waiting hurts. Forgetting hurts. But not knowing which decision to take can sometimes be the most painful…
JOSÉ N. HARRIS
2. I have the choice of being constantly active and happy or introspectively passive and sad. Or I can go mad by ricocheting in between.
3. Pain is constant. You either suffer the pain of discipline, or the pain of regret.
4. The marks humans leave are too often scars.
5. The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It’s the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.
6. Why is there ever this perverse cruelty in humankind, that makes us hurt most those we love best?
7. Imagine smiling after a slap in the face. Then think of doing it twenty-four hours a day.
8. For without pain, there can be no pleasure. Without sadness, there can be no happiness. Without misery there can be no beauty. And without these, life is endless, hopeless, doomed and damned.
Adult. You have become adult.
9. Tears shed for another person are not a sign of weakness. They are a sign of a pure heart.
JOSÉ N. HARRIS
10. Mental pain is less dramatic than physical pain, but it is more common and also more hard to bear. The frequent attempt to conceal mental pain increases the burden: it is easier to say ‘My tooth is aching’ than to say ‘My heart is broken.’
Deep Heart Pain Quotes
1. Although it’s just a small tear, it is the heaviest thing in the world. And it doesn’t do a damn thing to fix anything.
2. Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you.
3. You never know how strong you are until being strong is your only choice.
4. What hurts us is what heals us.
5. I can bear any pain as long as it has meaning.
6. Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.
7. Most of the gains in life come from suffering in the short term, so you can get paid in the long term.
8. Pain makes me grow. Growing is what I want. Therefore, for me pain is pleasure.
9. Let me not pray to be sheltered from dangers, but to be fearless in facing them. Let me not beg for the stilling of my pain, but for the heart to conquer it.
10. It is when I struggle that I strengthen. It is when challenged to my core that I learn the depth of who I am.
Quotes About Pain
- The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.
2. Our wounds are often the openings into the best and most beautiful part of us.
3. At the end of the day, we can endure much more than we think we can.
4. We do survive every moment, after all, except the last one.
5. If you’re going through hell, keep going.
6. The only thing that’s the end of the world is the end of the world.
7. The pain you feel today will be the strength you feel tomorrow.
8. What matters most is how well you walk through the fire.
9. True discovery happens when you embrace the obstacle. Truth is for the patient, the enduring.
10. Don’t be scared… Women can handle the worst kind of pain. You’ll find out one day.
Depressed Pain Sad Quotes
- Since I was young, I have always known this: Life damages us, every one. We can’t escape that damage. But now, I am also learning this: We can be mended. We mend each other.
2. There are ships sailing to many ports, but not a single one goes where life is not painful.
3. Don’t let pain define you, let it refine you.
4. Pain is temporary. Quitting lasts forever.
5. If pain must come, may it come quickly. Because I have a life to live, and I need to live it in the best way possible.
6. After the rain, the sun will reappear. There is life. After the pain, the joy will still be here.
7. Pain is a sudden hurt that can’t be escaped. But then I have also learned that because of pain, I can feel the beauty, tenderness, and freedom of healing.
C. JOYBELL C.
8. Be the silent watcher of your thoughts and behavior. You are beneath the thinker. You are the stillness beneath the mental noise. You are the love and joy beneath the pain.
9. Don’t get lost in your pain, know that one day your pain will become your cure.
10. Pain is meant to wake us up. People try to hide their pain. But they’re wrong. Pain is something to carry, like a radio. You feel your strength in the experience of pain. It’s all in how you carry it. That’s what matters.
Pain Hurt Quotes
- I think that little by little I’ll be able to solve my problems and survive.
2. Laugher is the tonic, the relief, the surcease for pain.
3. Sit with the pain until it passes, and you will be calmer for the next one.
4. Great things never came from comfort zones.
5. Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.
6. Every pain is a gift. Every pain is an opportunity.
7. Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change.
8. We can learn and change in a state of pain and suffering, or we can evolve in a state of joy and inspiration.
9. When I planted my pain in the field of patience it bore fruit of happiness.
10. Passion is the bridge that takes you from pain to change.
Chronic Pain Quotes
- Never to suffer would never to have been blessed.
EDGAR ALLAN POE
2. You may have had unfair things happen to you, but the depth of your pain is an indication of the height of your future.
3. When it hurts – observe. Life is trying to teach you something.
4. Too many people believe that everything must be pleasurable in life, which makes them constantly search for distractions and short-circuits the learning process.
5. My pain may be the reason for somebody’s laugh. But my laugh must never be the reason for somebody’s pain.
6. CHARLIE CHAPLIN (more Charlie Chaplin quotes)
Every negative situation contains the possibility for something positive, an opportunity. It is how you look at it that matters.
7. Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.
NEALE DONALD WALSCH
8. Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go.
ROY T. BENNETT
9. The more you reject the past, the more your suffering lasts.
10. The pain that you create now is always some form of nonacceptance, some form of unconscious resistance to what is.
Smile Through The Pain Quotes
- I tried to drown my sorrows, but the bastards learned how to swim, and now I am overwhelmed by this decent and good feeling.
2. Forget about winning and losing, forget about pride and pain.
3. Stay focused on your purpose, not your pain.
4. The real problem is not why some pious, humble, believing people suffer, but why some do not.
5. Nobody can hurt me without my permission.
6. If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.
7. There is a saying in Tibetan, ‘Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength’. No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that’s our real disaster.
8. Take it from me: If you hear the past speaking to you, feel it tugging up your back and runing its fingers up your spine, the best thing to do-the only thing-is run.
9. If you can learn to endure pain, you can survive anything. Some people learn to embrace it- to love it. Some endure it through drowning it in sorrow, or by making themselves forget. Others turn it into anger.
SARAH J. MAAS
10. Prosperity is not without many fears and distastes, and adversity is not without comforts and hopes.
- 150 Best Quotes About Change That Will Help You Think Differently
- 450+ Powerful Karma Quotes To Inspire Positivity in Your Life
- 250 Positive Quotes, Thoughts & Messages to Help Stay Positive
- Toxic Relationship Quotes to Give you a Better Perspective
- New Beginning Quotes About Starting a New Chapter of Your Life
Sad Quotes About Love And Pain
- If I can see pain in your eyes then share with me your tears. If I can see joy in your eyes then share with me your smile.
2. There is a thin line that separates laughter and pain, comedy and tragedy, humor and hurt.
3. Pain introduces you to your highest self.
4. And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
ANAIS NIN (more Anais Nin quotes)
5. God brings men into deep waters, not to drown them, but to cleanse them.
6. Neurosis is the natural by-product of pain avoidance.
7. Some of God’s greatest gifts are unanswered prayers.
8. The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.
9. Pain is a feeling. Your feelings are a part of you. Your own reality. If you feel ashamed of them, and hide them, you’re letting society destroy your reality. You should stand up for your right to feel your pain.
10. Where the wound has been given, there must the cure be found, if anywhere.
Quotes About Pain And Suffering
- The cure for pain is in the pain.
RUMI (more Rumi quotes)
2. Frustration, although quite painful at times, is a very positive and essential part of success.
3. Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place.
4. Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by the gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have – life itself.
5. Growth is painful. Change is painful. But nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.
6. Problems are the price you pay for progress.
7. Sacrifice today for tomorrows betterment, you are willing to pay those payments with pain, because pain is just a message when you are fixing something that’s insufficient in your life.
8. We don’t even ask happiness, just a little less pain.
9. People go through so much pain trying to avoid pain.
10. Smile, though your heart is aching. Smile, even though it’s breaking. When there are clouds in the sky, you’ll get by if you smile through your pain and sorrow. Smile and maybe tomorrow, you’ll see the sun come shining through for you.
Pain Dark Quotes
1. ‘You,’ he said, ‘are a terribly real thing in a terribly false world, and that, I believe, is why you are in so much pain.’
2. One thing you can’t hide – is when you’re crippled inside.
3. I just feel pain. A lot of pain. I thought I could imagine how much this would hurt, but I was wrong.
4. There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.
6. I must get my soul back from you; I am killing my flesh without it.
7. My painting carries with it the message of pain.
FRIDA KAHLO (more Frida Kahlo quotes)
8. There are wounds that never show on the body that are deeper and more hurtful than anything that bleeds.
LAURELL K. HAMILTON
9. You think your pain and your heartbreak are unprecedented in the history of the world, but then you read. It was books that taught me that the things that tormented me most were the very things that connected me with all the people who were alive, who had ever been alive.
10. If you love deeply, you’re going to get hurt badly. But it’s still worth it.
Deepest Quotes About Pain
- I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind.
EDGAR ALLAN POE
2. You care so much you feel as though you will bleed to death with the pain of it.
J.K. ROWLING (more J.K. Rowling quotes)
3. In misery we seem aware of our own existence, even though it may be in the form of a monstrous egotism: this pain of mine is individual, this nerve that winces belongs to me and to no other.
4. The silence depressed me. It wasn’t the silence of silence. It was my own silence.
5. Unrequited love does not die; it’s only beaten down to a secret place where it hides, curled and wounded. For some unfortunates, it turns bitter and mean, and those who come after pay the price for the hurt done by the one who came before.
6. If you are silent about your pain, they’ll kill you and say you enjoyed it.
ZORA NEALE HURSTON
7. Often it’s the deepest pain which empowers you to grow into your highest self.
8. Forgiveness has nothing to do with absolving a criminal of his crime. It has everything to do with relieving oneself of the burden of being a victim–letting go of the pain and transforming oneself from victim to survivor.
9. The tragedy of life is in what dies inside a man while he lives – the death of genuine feeling, the death of inspired response, the awareness that makes it possible to feel the pain or the glory of other men in yourself.
10. I may never be happy, but tonight I am content.
Pain Friendship Broken Quotes
- Moral wounds have this peculiarity – they may be hidden, but they never close; always painful, always ready to bleed when touched, they remain fresh and open in the heart.
2. The damage was permanent; there would always be scars. But even the angriest scars faded over time until it was difficult to see them written on the skin at all, and the only thing that remained was the memory of how painful it had been.
3. Memories are bullets. Some whiz by and only spook you. Others tear you open and leave you in pieces.
4. I have absolutely no pleasure in the stimulants in which I sometimes so madly indulge. It has not been in the pursuit of pleasure that I have periled life and reputation and reason. It has been the desperate attempt to escape from torturing memories, from a sense of insupportable loneliness and a dread of some strange impending doom.
EDGAR ALLAN POE
5. Life is painful and messed up. It gets complicated at the worst of times, and sometimes you have no idea where to go or what to do.
6. I could never hurt him enough to make his betrayal stop hurting. And it hurts, in every part of my body.
7. Painting completed my life. I lost three children and a series of other things that would have fulfilled my horrible life. My painting took the place of all of this. I think work is the best.
8. Some old wounds never truly heal, and bleed again at the slightest word.
GEORGE R.R. MARTIN
9. I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity.
EDGAR ALLAN POE
Love Pain Quotes
- I still cannot understand how he could abandon me so unceremoniously, without any sort of goodbye, without looking back even once. The pain is like an axe that chops my heart.
2. The worst type of crying wasn’t the kind everyone could see–the wailing on street corners, the tearing at clothes. No, the worst kind happened when your soul wept and no matter what you did, there was no way to comfort it.
3. Compassion hurts. When you feel connected to everything, you also feel responsible for everything. And you cannot turn away.
4. Life is pain, so live it up while you can.
5. Pain is a fact. Suffering is a choice.
6. Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.
7. Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.
8. Let go of the past.
9. Adversity is the first path to truth.
10. New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings.
Quotes About Hiding Pain
- I’ve learned more from pain than I could’ve ever learned from pleasure.
2. Failure gave me strength. Pain was my motivation.
3. There are no gains without pains.
4. The root of all suffering is attachment.
5. One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.
6. The art of life is the art of avoiding pain.
7. It hurts because it matters.
8. That’s the thing about pain, it demands to be felt.
9. We can ignore even pleasure. But pain insists upon being attended to.
10. Face your life, its pain, its pleasure, leave no path untaken.
- If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you’re allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.
SHANNON L. ALDER
Hurt Pain Sad Quotes
- Move toward resistance and pain.
2. Much of your pain is self-chosen.
3. I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.
4. The pain I feel now is the happiness I had before. That’s the deal.
5. Embrace the feeling. Start the healing.
6. Pain is a great motivator.
7. It’s better to feel pain than nothing at all.
8. Two barrels of tears will not heal a bruise.
9. Strange how we decorate pain.
10. Fear is pain arising from the anticipation of evil.
- Why the hell are we conditioned into the smooth strawberry-and-cream Mother-Goose-world, Alice-in-Wonderland fable, only to be broken on the wheel as we grow older and become aware of ourselves as individuals with a dull responsibility in life?
- Deep Rapper Quotes That Are Really Inspirational and Powerful
- 200 Monday Motivation Quotes to Start Your Week Positively
- Blessed Quotes to Start your Day With So Much Blessings
- Romantic Quotes for Her From Your Heart To Her Spirit
- The 100 Best Joker Quotes About Love, Life and Humanity
Hurt Pain Quotes
- To hurt is as human as to breathe.
2. Life is pain and the enjoyment of love is an anesthetic.
3. One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love.
4. It is always by way of pain one arrives at pleasure.
MARQUIS DE SADE
5. Turn your wounds into wisdom.
6. If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself, but to your estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
7. The aim of the wise is not to secure pleasure but to avoid pain.
8. We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.
9. It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.
10. Remember anything you want that’s valuable requires you to break through short-term pain in order to gain long-term pleasure.
Deep Quotes About Love And Pain
- Pain nourishes courage. You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.
MARY TYLER MOORE
2. There is no education like adversity.
3. We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons.
4. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.
MARTIN LUTHER KING JR
5. He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.
6. Wisdom is nothing more than healed pain.
ROBERT GARY LEE
7. If experience is the mother of wisdom, pain is the father.
8. We are more often frightened than hurt; and we suffer more from imagination than from reality.
LUCIUS ANNAEUS SENECA
9. Try to exclude the possibility of suffering which the order of nature and the existence of free wills involve, and you find that you have excluded life itself.
10. Sometimes you must hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain, because life’s greatest lessons are learnt through pain.
Sad Quotes About Life And Pain
- Handling our suffering is an art. If we know how to suffer, we suffer much less, and we’re no longer afraid of being overwhelmed by the suffering inside.
THICH NHAT HANH
2. Acceptance doesn’t mean resignation; it means understanding that something is what it is and that there’s got to be a way through it.
MICHAEL J. FOX
3. Trying to build a life where you never experience bad feelings is like building a ship that can’t handle a storm.
4.Pain can change you, but that doesn’t mean it has to be a bad change. Take that pain and turn it into wisdom.
5. There is no coming to consciousness without pain. People will do anything, no matter how absurd, in order to avoid facing their own Soul. One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by making the darkness conscious.
6. We cannot be more sensitive to pleasure without being more sensitive to pain.
7. Pain, pleasure and death are no more than a process for existence. The revolutionary struggle in this process is a doorway open to intelligence.
8. Do you not see how necessary a world of pains and troubles is to school an intelligence and make it a soul?
9. But who can remember pain, once it’s over? All that remains of it is a shadow, not in the mind even, in the flesh. Pain marks you, but too deep to see. Out of sight, out of mind.
FAQ on Chronic Pain Quotes for Empathy and Motivation
Below are some popular questions asked about Chronic Pain Quotes for Empathy and Motivation and answers to them.
1. What are some deep quotes?
(i) “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.”
(ii) “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
2. What is Pain’s famous line?
“Sometimes you must hurt in order to know, fall in order to grow, lose in order to gain because life’s greatest lessons are learned through pain.”
3. When loved ones get hurt quotes?
“The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected.”
4. What is a very powerful quote?
“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.”
5. What are 5 positive quotes?
(i) “The best is yet to be.”
(ii) “Try to be a rainbow in someone’s cloud.”
(iii) “Do good and good will come to you.”
(iv) “A positive mindset brings positive things.”
(v) “Positivity always wins.
6. What is thought of day?
“Do the right thing because it’s the right thing to do, not because you want something in return.”
7. What are wise words?
Eleanor Roosevelt: “You must do the things you think you cannot do.”
8. Do what is right not easy?
“There comes a time when one must take a position that is neither safe, nor politic, nor popular, but he must take it because conscience tells him it is right.” -Martin Luther King Jr.
9. What are the best thoughts?
(i) “When you have a dream, you’ve got to grab it and never let go.”
(ii) “Nothing is impossible.
10. What are inspiring words?
“There is nothing impossible to they who will try.”
I hope you enjoy reading these quotes. If you love it, please feel free to share.