– Quotes About Change –
Change is unavoidable, as the past year and change have demonstrated. Quotes about change are a collection of quotes that show how far we’ve all come and tend to motivate us.
In some cases, change comes at you hard and fast, like once you abruptly discover that nothing is the same in the middle and around the world.
But the good news is that, indeed after you persevere such a colossal and undesirable change, there’s nearly continuously a silver lining. In all of our lives, I accept we have found this to be genuine. Changes will continuously happen, both arranged and unexpected.
We can all use a little boost and direction amid these times, so we thought we would compile a list of quotes on change, which may be the additional boost you need amid these difficult, dubious times.
Quotes About Change And Growth
1. “True life is lived when tiny changes occur.”― Leo Tolstoy
2. Be the change that you wish to see in the world.― Mahatma Gandhi
3. “Nothing is as painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.”― Mary Shelley
4. “Sure, everything is ending,” Jules said, “but not yet.”― Jennifer Egan
5. “Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity, and change.” ― Brené Brown
6. “Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.”― William Jennings Bryan
7. If you don’t like something, change it. If you can’t change it, change your attitude.― Maya Angelou
8. “No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side. Or you don’t.”― Stephen King
9. “Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.”― Fyodor Dostoyevsky
10. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.”― Lao Tzu
Inspirational Quotes About Change
11. “Let him who would move the world first move.” ― Socrates
12. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can positively the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.― Margaret Mead
13. Your success in life isn’t based on your ability to simply change. It is based on your ability to change faster than your competition, customers, and business.― Mark Sanborn
14. “But you’re so busy changing the world. Just one smile can change all of mine”― Jack Johnson
15. “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.”― Rick Warren
16. “One day spent with someone you love can change everything.”― Mitch Albom
17. The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking. ― Albert Einstein
18. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.”― Rumi
19. “Change, like healing, takes time.” ― Veronica Roth
20. “Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.” — Confucius
Positive Quotes About Change
21. “The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude.” – Oprah Winfrey
22. “Bending beats breaking.” ― Betty Greene
23. “The world doesn’t change in front of your eyes, it changes behind your back.” ― Terry Hayes
24. “Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor” ― Alexis Carrel
25. “Tides do what tides do–they turn.” ― Derek Landy
26. “People don’t resist change. They resist being changed.” ― Peter Senge
27. “Sometimes you hit a point where you either change or self-destruct.” ― Sam Stevens
28. “The struggles we endure today will be the ‘good old days’ we laugh about tomorrow.” ― Aaron Lauritsen
29. “We change the world not by what we say or do, but as a consequence of what we have become.” ― Dr. David Hawkins
30. “Either way, change will come. It could be bloody, or it could be beautiful. It depends on us.” ― Arundhati Roy
Motivational Quotes About Change
31. “People don’t change, they just have momentary steps outside of their true character.” ― Chad Kultgen
32. “All is flux, nothing stays still.” ― Plato
33. “What is necessary to change a person is to change his awareness of himself.” ― Abraham Maslow
34. “It was long since I had longed for anything and the effect on me was horrible.” ― Samuel Beckett
35. “I wanted change and excitement and to shoot off in all directions myself, like the colored arrows from a Fourth of July rocket.” ― Sylvia Plath
36. “Consider how hard it is to change yourself and you’ll understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.” ― Jacob M. Braude
37. “Every hundred feet the world changes.” ― Roberto Bolaño
38. “We first make our habits, then our habits make us.” ― John Dryden
39. “Change almost never fails because it’s too early. It almost always fails because it’s too late.” ― Seth Godin
40. “People can cry much easier than they can change.” ― James Baldwin
Quotes About Life Changes
41. “If we don’t change, we don’t grow. If we don’t grow, we aren’t really living.” ― Anatole France
42. “What people have the capacity to choose, they have the ability to change.” ― Madeleine Albright
43. “Words are where most change begins.” ― Brandon Sanderson
44. “People who can change and change again are so much more reliable and happier than those who can’t” ― Stephen Fry
45. “The great growling engine of change – technology.” – Alvin Toffler
46. “And all the lives we ever lived and all the lives to be are full of trees and changing leaves.” ― Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse
47. “Change is hardest at the beginning, messiest in the middle, and best at the end.” ― Robin Sharma
48. “Change your life today. Don’t gamble on the future, act now, without delay.” ― Simone de Beauvoir
49. “Act the way you’d like to be and soon you’ll be the way you’d like to act.” ― Bob Dylan
50. “The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.” – Socrates
51. “No matter what people will tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” – Robin Williams
52. “People change for two reasons; either they learned a lot or they’ve been hurt too much.” – Quotes about Change
53. “Folks, I don’t trust children. They’re here to replace us.” – Stephen Colbert
54. “Change your thoughts and you change your world.” ― Norman Vincent Peale
55. “People are very open-minded about new things, as long as they’re exactly like the old ones.” – Charles F. Kettering
56. “The only difference between a rut and a grave is their dimensions.” – Ellen Glasgow
57. “If you want to make enemies, try to change something.” – Woodrow Wilson
58. “Anyone who isn’t embarrassed by who they were last year probably isn’t learning enough.” ― Alain de Botton
59. “The past can teach us, nurture us, but it cannot sustain us. The essence of life changes, and we must move ever forward, or the soul will wither and die.” ― Susanna Kearsley
60. “Nothing endures but change.” ― Heraclitus
Quotes About Change In Life
61. “If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, what am I? And if not now, when? – Hillel
62. “We are not trapped or locked up in these bones. No, no. We are free to change. And love changes us. And if we can love one another, we can break open the sky.” ― Walter Mosley
63. “I have accepted fear as part of life – specifically the fear of change… I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back….” ― Erica Jong
64. “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” – Steve Maraboli
65. “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” ― Lao Tzu
66. “Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.” ― Mary Shelley
67. “I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better” – Plutarch
68. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” ― Rumi
69. “To change one’s life: 1. Start immediately. 2. Do it flamboyantly. 3. No exceptions.” ― William James
71. “Change will not come if we wait for some other person, or if we wait for some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” ― Barack Obama
70. “The world as we have created it is a process of our thinking. It cannot be changed without changing our thinking.” ― Albert Einstein
72. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” ― Mother Teresa
73. “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.” ― George Bernard Shaw
74. “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” ― Leo Tolstoy
75. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” – Stephen Chbosky
76. “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.” ― Wayne W. Dyer
77. “No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.” ― Madonna
78. “Time takes it all, whether you want it to or not.” ― Stephen King
79. “Faced with the choice between changing one’s mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. – John Kenneth Galbraith
80. “You cannot change what you are, only what you do.” ― Philip Pullman
Quotes About Change In Life And Moving On
81. “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― Buckminster Fuller
82. “Fashion changes, but style endures.” ― Coco Chanel
83. “Believe something and the Universe is on its way to being changed. Because you’ve changed, by believing. Once you’ve changed, other things start to follow. Isn’t that the way it works?” ― Diane Duane
84. “Maturity is when you stop complaining and making excuses, and start making changes.” ― Roy T. Bennett
85. “Certain things, they should stay the way they are. You ought to be able to stick them in one of those big glass cases and just leave them alone.” ― J.D. Salinger
86. “And that is how change happens. One gesture. One person. One moment at a time.” ― Libba Bray
87. “Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.” ― Eckhart Tolle
88. “You’re always you, and that doesn’t change, and you’re always changing, and there’s nothing you can do about it.” ― Neil Gaiman
89. “Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoevsky
90. “The philosophers have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it.” – Karl Marx
Quotes About Changing Times
91. “Don’t knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn’t start a conversation if it didn’t change once in a while.” — Kin Hubbard
92. “You tried to change didn’t you? Closed your mouth more, tried to be softer, prettier, less volatile, less awake… You can’t make homes out of human beings. Someone should have already told you that.” ― Warsan Shire
93. “It’s not that some people have willpower and some don’t… It’s that some people are ready to change and others are not.” ― James Gordon
94. “If you want to change attitudes, start with a change in behavior.” ― Katherine Hepburn
95. “The changes we dread most may contain our salvation.” ― Barbara Kingsolver
96. “Nothing is lost . . . Everything is transformed.” ― Michael Ende
97. “To change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions.” ― Stephen R. Covey
98. “Changing is what people do when they have no options left.” ― Holly Black
99. “Our ability to adapt is amazing. Our ability to change isn’t quite as spectacular.” ― Lisa Lutz
100. “Change is the end result of all true learning.” ― Leo Buscaglia
Life Unexpected Quotes
101. “Change begins at the end of your comfort zone.” ― Roy T. Bennett
102. “I give you this to take with you: Nothing remains as it was. If you know this, you can begin again, with pure joy in the uprooting.” ― Judith Minty
103. “The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” ― Steve Jobs
104. “No one can tell what goes on in between the person you were and the person you become. No one can chart that blue and lonely section of hell. There are no maps of the change. You just come out the other side. Or you don’t.” ― Stephen King
105. “A bend in the road is not the end of the road… Unless you fail to make the turn.” ― Helen Keller
106. “True life is lived when tiny changes occur.” ― Leo Tolstoy
107. “Change may not always bring growth, but there is no growth without change.” ― Roy T. Bennett
108. “One child, one teacher, one book, one pen can change the world.” ― Malala Yousafzai
109. “Life belongs to the living, and he who lives must be prepared for changes.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
110. “To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.” ― Winston S. Churchill
Quotes About Accepting Change
111. “When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ― Haruki Murakami
112. “Desperation is the raw material of drastic change. Only those who can leave behind everything they have ever believed in can hope to escape. ” ― William S. Burroughs
113. “When people are ready to, they change. They never do it before then, and sometimes they die before they get around to it. You can’t make them change if they don’t want to, just like when they do want to, you can’t stop them.” ― Andy Warhol
114. “Anger, resentment, and jealousy don’t change the hearts of others– it only changes yours.” ― Shannon Alder
115. “I find the best way to love someone is not to change them, but instead, help them reveal the greatest version of themselves.” ― Steve Maraboli
116. “If you’re in a bad situation, don’t worry it’ll change. If you’re in a good situation, don’t worry it’ll change.” — John A. Simone
117. “Every woman that finally figured out her worth has picked up her suitcases of pride and boarded a flight to freedom, which landed in the valley of change.” ― Shannon L. Alder
118. “Vulnerability is the birthplace of innovation, creativity, and change.” ― Brene Brown
119. “Nothing is so painful to the human mind as a great and sudden change.” ― Mary Shelley
120. “I’m not interested in preserving the status quo; I want to overthrow it.” – Niccolo Machiavelli
Quotes About Change In Yourself
121. “I’m unpredictable, I never know where I’m going until I get there, I’m so random, I’m always growing, learning, changing, I’m never the same person twice. But one thing you can be sure of about me; is I will always do exactly what I want to do.” ― C. JoyBell C.
122. “Change, like healing, takes time.” ― Veronica Roth
123. “You never change things by fighting the existing reality. To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete.” ― R. Buckminster Fuller
124. “Renew, release, let go. Yesterday’s gone. There’s nothing you can do to bring it back. You can’t “should’ve” done something. You can only DO something. Renew yourself. Release that attachment. Today is a new day!” ― Steve Maraboli
125. “Growing up happens when you start having things you look back on and wish you could change” ― Cassandra Clare
126. “Time takes it all, whether you want it to or not.” ― Stephen King
127. “No matter who you are, no matter what you did, no matter where you’ve come from, you can always change, become a better version of yourself.” ― Madonna
128. “Fashion changes, but style endures.” ― Coco Chanel
129. “You cannot change what you are, only what you do.” ― Philip Pullman
130. “Keep your best wishes, close to your heart and watch what happens” ― Tony DeLiso
Quotes For The Better
131. “Taking a new step, uttering a new word, is what people fear most.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky
132. “Destiny is not a matter of chance; it is a matter of choice. It is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.” ― William Jennings Bryan
133. “Believe something and the Universe is on its way to being changed. Because you’ve changed, by believing. Once you’ve changed, other things start to follow. Isn’t that the way it works?” ― Diane Duane
134. “Some changes look negative on the surface but you will soon realize that space is being created in your life for something new to emerge.” ― Eckhart Tolle
135. “You’re always you, and that doesn’t change, and you’re always changing, and there’s nothing you can do about it.” ― Neil Gaiman
136. “We are taught you must blame your father, your sisters, your brothers, the school, the teachers – but never blame yourself. It’s never your fault. But it’s always your fault, because if you wanted to change you’re the one who has got to change.” ― Katharine Hepburn
137. “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” ― Mother Teresa
138. “Certain things, they should stay the way they are. You ought to be able to stick them in one of those big glass cases and just leave them alone.” ― J.D. Salinger
139. “We are products of our past, but we don’t have to be prisoners of it.” ― Rick Warren
140. “How would your life be different if…Have you stopped making negative judgmental assumptions about people you encounter? Let today be the day you look for the good in everyone you meet and respect their journey.” ― Steve Maraboli
Quotes About Change And Progress
141. “Change alone is eternal, perpetual, immortal.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
142. “Grief does not change you, Hazel. It reveals you.” ― John Green
143. “And that is how change happens. One gesture. One person. One moment at a time.” ― Libba Bray
144. “The present changes the past. Looking back you do not find what you left behind.” ― Kiran Desai
145. “I have accepted fear as part of life – specifically the fear of change… I have gone ahead despite the pounding in the heart that says: turn back….” ― Erica Jong
146. “We are not trapped or locked up in these bones. No, no. We are free to change. And love changes us. And if we can love one another, we can break open the sky.” ― Walter Mosley
147. “Stepping onto a brand-new path is difficult, but not more difficult than remaining in a situation, which is not nurturing to the whole woman.” ― Maya Angelou
148. “We made the world we’re living in and we have to make it over.” – James Baldwin
149. “Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn’t stop for anybody.” ― Stephen Chbosky
150. “The snake which cannot cast its skin has to die. As well the minds which are prevented from changing their opinions; they cease to be mind.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are FAQs related to quotes about change
1. What is a famous quote about change?
▸ “If you can’t change it, change your attitude.”
▸ “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.”
▸ “Change is painful, but nothing is as painful as staying stuck somewhere you don’t belong.”
▸ “Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”
2. What is the most powerful quote?
“You must be the change you wish to see in the world.” — Gandhi.
3. What are 5 positive quotes?
▸ “When you have a dream, you’ve got to grab it and never let go.”
▸ “Nothing is impossible.
▸ “There is nothing impossible to they who will try.”
▸ “The bad news is time flies.
▸ “Life has got all those twists and turns.
4. When changing things change quotes?
▸ The measure of intelligence is the ability to change’ -Albert Einstein.
▸ ‘The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude’ -Oprah Winfrey.
▸ ‘Every day the clock resets.
▸ ‘Don’t let rejection create self-doubt.
5. Why is change important in life?
Change allows us to move forward in life and experience new and exciting things. When you don’t actively work on evolving yourself, life can become stagnant.
Being open to change, learning new skills, or working on your inner self can bring about changes you never knew were possible.
6. Why is change good quotes?
Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past and present are certain to miss the future.
The greatest discovery of all time is that a person can change his future by merely changing his attitude. Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world
7. What are wise words?
▸ Pursue Passion More Than Profit.
▸ Hard Work Beats Talent.
▸ Excellence, Not Perfection.
▸ Big is Little and Little is Big.
▸ You Choose Your Spouse, Not Your Child.
8. Why do people change?
▸ Change is a choice
▸ Change is evolutionary
▸ Force also changes a person
▸ life-changing events inspire change
9. Who said everything changes?
Quote by Plato: “Everything changes and nothing remains still.”
10. What are some deep quotes?
▸ “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.”
▸ “Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.”
▸ “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
▸ “Life is not about finding yourself.
▸ “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.”
11. What is the coolest quote ever?
▸ “Live as if you were to die tomorrow.
▸ “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.”
▸ “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.”
▸ “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.”
12. What are the shortest and deep meaningful quotes?
▸ Love For All, Hatred For None.
▸ Change the world by being yourself.
▸ Every moment is a fresh beginning.
▸ Never regret anything that made you smile.
▸ Die with memories, not dreams.
▸ Aspire to inspire before we expire.
13. What is a hard-life quote?
▸ “It’s a hard life if you don’t weaken.”
▸ “The harder life is for a man when he is young, the easier it will be in the future.”
▸ “try to don’t be killed and pray for healing, but be a killer and pray for forgiveness.”
14. What are some quotes about life?
▸ Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there’s so much to smile about.
▸ Life is a long lesson in humility.
▸ In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life: it goes on.
▸ Love the life you live.
▸ Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.
15. What are the best short quotes?
▸ “If you’re going through hell, keep going.”
▸ “There are a terrible lot of lies going about the world, and the worst of it is that half of them are true.”
▸ “The price of greatness is responsibility.”
▸ “The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes.”
16. What is a good quote about life?
▸ “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.”
▸ “Instead of worrying about what you cannot control, shift your energy to what you can create.”
17. What is the truth quote?
▸ Rather than love, then money, then fame, give me the truth.
▸ Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.
▸ Those who know the truth are not equal to those who love it.
▸ He who has truth at his heart need never fear the want of persuasion on his tongue.
We hope this article on quotes about change has been able to change your mindset as well as motivate you. Please endeavor to share this article with your family, friends, and colleagues. Cheers.