How do you bid goodbye? How do you script RIP messages? If you could actually communicate with the dead, what would you say to them? Resting in peace might seem a positive phrase ordinarily, but considering the reality that this is someone you will definitely not see physically again ( you might still see them in your dreams) is heartbreaking.
Accordingly, it becomes such a herculean task writing RIP messages. Especially with close friends and relatives, we tend to be unable to accept the fact that they are gone. Even when the reality dawn’s on us, we still wish to send a RIP message no matter how difficult it may be.
Over the years, a lot of people have suffered differing degrees of grief and sorrow due to death of a dear person. However deep the sorrows, you can build some courage to “talk” to your departed with RIP messages. To an extent, RIP messages brings some level of succor and relief.
RIP messages does not have a specific pattern or structure. In whatever way you feel suitable to express yourself, you surely can. It might be that you are so down and may not be very coordinated in thoughts because of the loss. In any case, you can check out how to write your own RIP message from the examples we have compiled for you in this article.
Great RIP Messages
1. Who will ever believe that I saw and conversed with you a couple of hours ago? How could you do this to me, leaving me with sad memories of you till the end of time? I only have a few words for you: rest in peace.
2. We have only but a short time to spend on earth. That’s the hard reality and I really wished it wasn’t true for you. Rest in peace.
3. The moment I heard about your death, it dawned on me that my lonely days have been fully ushered in. I miss you so much that it hurts.
4. The pain deep inside my heart is quite cruel, an evidence of how wicked death is, to have snatched you away from me. Is it possible that you come back, even if it’s for some hours? I am in deep pains.
5. Just when I needed you close by, to help me navigate through this unruly life, you took off on an infinite journey, never to come back. Rest in peace.
6. There is a special lesson your death has taught me, and that is simply to live every day as though there’s no tomorrow for me. You gave your all to humanity, never minding how much is ripped off you. It is time for you to rest; rest in peace.
7. So soon! Why were you in a hurry to leave me, your dear family members, and well-wishers? How did you expect us to cope with your loss? Do I wish you to rest in peace, or to return if possible?
8. All my life, I had thought that death is a distant event only found in fictional books. Your demise has mocked me with the truth of the matter, that death is as real as daylight. May your soul rest in peace.
9. If I could turn back the hand of time, I would have found myself with you again, holding you fondly and laughing heartily. I would have told you more often that I love and cherish you. Rest in peace, darling.
10. Your departure from this world means that there is no other who I can call my dearest friend. It also entails that there is a vacuum you’ve left in me which nobody or nothing else can fill. I miss you. Rest in peace.
11. A few persons on earth have the capacity to passionately affect lives in what could be termed reforming radicalism. You are one such person. I wished I had known you earlier. Rest in peace.
12. I don’t desire to take my mind back to the time I met you because it breaks my heart to do that. If only I knew you would leave me this soon, I wouldn’t have ever opened my heart to you. Rest in peace.
13. Good a thing, I had the chance to know you through and through; a loving heart you were. I am stupendously proud of the life you led. Rest in peace, dear friend.
14. Wherever death is right now, shame on it! It is a shameless thing for death to snatch away a budding life as yours. There’s no amount of tears I will shed that can bring you back, I know. That’s why I would want you to rest in peace.
15. A lot of thoughts crisscross my mind. One stands out from them all – why would you die at this point in time? You may not be able to answer me openly, but I hope I get the answer someday. Rest in peace.
Short Rest in Peace Messages
1. I will really miss the bright smile that made my day, it’s hard to believe that you are no more amongst us. I pray that your soul rests in peace.
2. I still can’t believe the fact that I will never be able to meet you in this life. I really feel saddened to hear the news of your untimely death. I extend my thoughts and feelings to your family. Rest in peace dear friend.
3. May the Almighty Lord bestow his mercy and love on you and your family in this sad and difficult juncture of life. I offer my condolences to you and your family.
4. You came, lived and loved your kind and strangers. You stood when others were afraid to stand, and soared when the wind was revered as sacred. Rest in peace.
5. Like a sapling, yours was a fragile life, tender and wilfully vulnerable to the scorching force of empathy. Your demise proves us wrong; you lived a champion. Rest in peace.
6. Everything that reflects life and living isn’t worth holding onto with tenacity because it is futile to do so. May your gentle soul rest in peace.
7. I salute the life of the mighty, the hero of many. I want to congratulate you on a valuable life well lived. Rest in peace!
8. Our journey together comes to an end today. You will remain in my heart forever. May your soul rest in peace.
9. Your untimely demise has created a vacuum in my life that none can fulfill. I will miss you a lot mom. May your soul rest in peace.
10. You fulfilled all your dreams before you left every one of us. You died as a satisfied soul. Your soul shall rest in peace forever.
11. The heart of man is as a powerhouse where emotions are let out and information stored. I weep bitterly because your exit has dismantled the essence of my heart. Life won’t be the same without you.
12. We live to die. That is factual, legal, and doctrinal. I hope to meet you again where there’s no fear of death. Rest in peace.
13. There are momentary memories, those that pass with time. Then, there are memories that stay glued with us till time passes. Such are of yours and mine. Rest in peace.
14. Down to the time when it was certain that you had drawn your final breath, I yet wished that you would blow your cover and have us shaking in pained laughter. May your soul rest in peace.
15. I only have the memories to live with now. I don’t have the words to express my grief. I pray to God to bring peace and solace to your family at this time. Rest in peace.
16. In the sweet by and by, my fingers shall brush your beautiful face, never to tremble or pull away. Rest in peace.
17. I can hardly stop myself from crying, I never expected that our friendship will end so early in this way. You will remain in my thoughts forever. Rest in peace.
18. Other than the promise of a better place than this wicked world, there was nothing within my powers I wouldn’t do to keep you from bowing out from this planet. Rest in peace.
19. You are observing us from heaven, we will try our best to live happily so that your soul remains happy and rests in peace.
20. I can forget everything, but I can never forget you. Goodbye, rest in peace.
21. The road that leads to death is steep, an oblivious path too complex for the human mind to comprehend. Rest in peace.
22. You were the only person I wholeheartedly believed to be upright. You hated injustice with everything in you. You could have stayed around longer because your relevance is still viable. Rest in peace.
23. Your memories will remain fresh in my mind forever. It is really a very painful moment for me and your family. Goodbye, rest in peace.
24. I treasured, and will always treasure the gift of your company. You were a friend whose ears and kind lips brought succour to my burdened heart. Rest in peace.
25. Nothing can bring you back to us. We will miss your love, guidance, and support for the rest of our lives.
26. You were the best thing in my life, the only truth in it. I will miss you a lot dear. Rest in peace.
27. It will be really difficult for me to stay without you for the rest of my life. I was not at all prepared for this. I pray to God to give me the strength to go through this emotional situation. May your soul rest in peace.
28. We will meet again; that I am resolutely sure of. Rest in peace.
29. Of all things I wished for you, death wasn’t even implied nor stated in them. How then did you give up to death, and now? Rest in peace.
30. I can’t even cry because you never liked to see me crying. I will still ask God, why did he punish me in this way? Rest in peace, my love.
Long Rest in Peace Messages
1. Words come to me in stutters; it is unbelievable that you are dead. We shared a friendship which defied every ugly circumstance; the respect that we had for each other was as mutual as it was gracious. With all these beautiful things going for us, you still chose to leave. Rest in peace; it is hard to let go of you.
2. To every one of your friend, you were an epitome of selflessness. There was never a day you sat with anyone and didn’t look for something good to offer them. You lived life to the fullest; not for wanton pleasure, but to leave bits of yourself in many. It is an uncommon privilege to be counted among the beneficiaries of your many blessings. Rest in peace.
3. For someone like you, instead of sand, laureates should be thrown onto your casket. Rather than cry helplessly, I join the host of heaven to welcome you into your place of rest. What else is of life without honor? You lived a worthy life. Rest in peace, dearest.
4. Part of the hidden truth about you is that it was certain you knew that you were living a rented life. Testimonies abound on how you didn’t afflict yourself with the worries and cares of this world, and you had your reasons. Wonderfully enough, your borrowed life was fruitful till the end. Rest in peace, mortal man!
5. A life of excellence is depicted by the true fun with which it is lived, not necessarily the rigid principles followed to the letter. I admired everything about your life, and the happiness that you never sucked in but freely gave. My prayer is that I live half the way you excellently lived yours. Rest in peace.
RIP Message for Friends
1. It was always an honor to be your friend. Your memories will always stay with me. RIP!
2. No matter what I do, your memories will always be within me. I will forever cherish you. RIP!
4. I ask why, why so soon. I believe you are now singing with the angels. We will dearly miss you. Rest in peace, my dear friend.
5. I remember the first day we met, your generosity and kindness. I can’t believe that you are no longer with us. Now I am only left with sorrow in my heart. Rest in peace, my friend!
6. Words alone cannot explain the void that you have left in our life. We will forever remember you. Sleep well best friend.
7. You were one of a kind, May the Almighty open the gates of heaven for you, my friend. RIP!
8. Your memories will always be with me. I will never forget you. Rest in Peace, my friend!
9. I don’t know why you left so soon, I can still feel your presence. Rip my best friend!
10. I believe you are in good hands, with the angels. RIP!
- Sorry for your Loss Messages with Uplifting and Consoling Effect
- Condolence Messages to a Friend to Bring Succor and Cheerfulness
- Heart-Touching Condolence Message on Death of Mother 2021 Update
- Short Condolence Messages to Show you Share in the Grief
Heartfelt RIP Messages
1. You may have been nothing to the world, but to us, you were our everything. Rest in peace!
2. Your memories will always be with us until we meet. Rest in peace my dear one.
3. During this sorrowful moment, I am at a loss for words. You are in my thoughts and prayers praying for you to find comfort and peace.
4. You were a great person, a mentor, and a blessing to many people. You will forever be missed. The wonderful moments you shared with us will forever be remembered. Rest in peace up in heaven!
5. I am so saddened that you are no more; you were a blessing to us. RIP.
6. I am sending my heartfelt sympathy to your family and you. My heart goes out to you on the loss of your beloved. RIP!
7. Life sometimes can be cruel. You taught me to be myself, to be happy and laugh, but today I am crying for you. Rest in peace!
8. Only God knows why it happened, teardrops cannot stop running on my face. RIP, we will see each other again in heaven.
9. I never knew how painful it is to lose someone until death took you away from me. RIP, my dear!
RIP Messages for Grandma or Grandpa
1. It’s funny how life works, you remain the strongest person we know, weathering everything life threw at you with such bravery you almost seemed invincible. You have touched the lives of countless lives and today you leave a void in our hearts no one can fill. Rest in peace our hero.
2. Not many people can accomplish in 3 lifetimes what you did in one lifetime. You are indeed a legend and we will try our best to uphold your legacy. Rest in peace.
3. Not many have a chance to meet their heroes. I was lucky to have known mine and for that, I am truly grateful, I only hope to do the best I can to make you proud. Sleep in peace, my hero.
4. You may be gone for now but I have hope we will meet again. In a world where darkness and pain will be no more. You have closed your eyes to rest and I pray for your peace.
5. Our God has called you home, if only we were forewarned so we would have made the most of the time we had and tell you how much you made our lives better. A world without you is a reality we are not ready to face. Rest in peace.
6. You will always be remembered no matter what. Your presence, love, and kindness will forever be with us. Rest for now until we meet again.
7. You are irreplaceable and treasured in our hearts forever. To say we will miss you does no justice for what we feel, no amount of tears can express the pain we feel in losing you but then again thank you for the honor of sharing a lifetime with you. Rest in peace.
Rest in Peace Messages for Dad or Mom
1. Life has shown us again its hurtful side by taking you away from us when we didn’t see it coming. There’s no way to make up for time lost and now gone but I hope wherever you are, you know that you are truly loved and we hope you find peace and Joy.
2. We always thought we would have you and losing you has reminded us of the cruelty of reality. A world without you is unimaginable yet we are now forced to face it. Sleep now our dearest and pay your pains to be gone forever.
3. Today the world mourns the departure of a legend who has left behind shoes no one can fill. It will be very difficult to live without you. We pray you to find peace wherever you are.
4. You left us too soon and we wish you’d stayed with us a little longer, we hope we meet again someday to say and do the things we couldn’t, That’s why we say bye for now.
5. This is one of those moments I wish rebirth was possible because I wish more than anything to know and meet you again because one lifetime with you is simply not enough. Sleep in peace and rest now our dearest.
No one enjoys mourning, but in truth, as humans, we cannot escape it in one form or another. Most notably, grief comes in the form of the death of a loved one, making us want to send a RIP message. You are definitely not alone in this struggle but keep the faith, with time, you will surely heal.
Do well to share this article with friends and close persons who may also be experiencing bereavement of some sort.