60 Romantic and Funny Wishes To Write in an Engagement Card.
Someone you know is engaged. Now you need to think of something to write in the card? Maybe it’s a close friend, a relative or your son or daughter and you want to write something extra special. We’ve come up with loads of ideas for what you can write in an engagement card, all separated out into different sections.
Deciding what to write in an engagement card can be a bit trickier. Do you go funny? Sentimental? How personal should you make it? Is it meant to accompany a gift?
Engagement Card Etiquette
Engagement cards are customary for anyone wanting to send their well wishes and congratulations to a newly engaged couple. This is your chance to express your happiness, excitement and support for the soon-to-be-weds
Cool Engagement Wishes
- As we step into another year I’d like to thank you for lifting me up every time when I am down and encouraging me to move forward. Have a beautiful year!
- I wish you to look forward to the upcoming year with confidence and courage, giving wings to your dreams! Live your life to the fullest extent, Happy New Year!
- My sister, my first friend, my constant support: In the coming year, I wish you all of the blessings you truly deserve. I love you, Sis.
- To my awesome brother: thank you for the fun, and sometimes embarrassing memories we share. Let’s keep that tradition going in the upcoming year. Happy New Year.
- Years come and pass but what it takes to make them worthwhile is someone’s unconditional love, wonderful memories and zest offered to live them fully. You have given me all of these and much more in (___) and I know there will be more to come from you in (____).
- Wishing a very Happy New Year to the one who adds sunshine to our family.
- You made last year so special for me. It is my greatest wish that this coming year be special for you.
- Now, in the New Year, we look back upon warm memories. You’ve had a hand in every wonderfully warm memory I have, Mom. Happy New Year!
- Life changes, but my New Year wish for you remains the same- I wish you happiness, good health and well-being from the bottom of my heart!
- As I look forward to a New Year, I always think of the gifts my parents have given me. Though we’re miles apart, you are always in my thoughts. Happy New Year.
- A family like ours lights up every year with happiness and joy! And I am lucky to be a part of it! Happy New Year.
- Families are like fudge mostly sweet with a few nuts. Happy New Year.
- Happy New Year, Grandma. I wish you a bright New Year, just like every year you have brightened in my life. Thank you.
Engagement Wishes for a Friend
- May you bring each other as much happiness as your friendship has brought to my life – congratulations, guys.
- We’ve been through school and uni and that phase where we both dyed our hair black together, so it’s strange to see you start a whole new chapter of your life with someone else. But I can’t wait to watch the journey you’re about to take – I love you both.
- You gained a ring and I gained permanent third-wheel status – and honestly, I couldn’t be happier.
- You two are perfect for each other. I know your marriage as going to be as strong and last as long as our friendship.
- Of all the moments we’ve celebrated in our life together, this is the best so far. Congratulations.
- You’re engaged! When is too soon to start planning the hen/stag party? Asking for a friend…
- I’m so lucky to call both of you my friend and I can’t wait to be able to call you husband and wife/husband and husband/wife and wife too!
Engagement Wishes for a Brother or Sister
- I always knew we were a little weird and I’m so glad you found another weirdo to join our family who’ll love you forever.
- I remember the day you were born – all red and wrinkly and screaming your lungs out. It’s hard to believe you’re old enough now to get engaged! Couldn’t be prouder of my little brother, congratulations.
- Words can’t even describe how happy I am my sister has found true love. I remember when we used to talk about who was our perfect guy. Well, he isn’t Ryan Gosling, but Joe is a pretty good substitute. Welcome to the family!
- I don’t want to get ahead of myself, but I’ve already assumed I’m best man, put down a deposit for the stag and signed us up for dance classes. You’ll look pretty silly if you give the job to someone else now, bro.
- You might be losing your last name, but I’m gaining a brother so that’s a deal I’m pretty happy with. Love you both and can’t wait to celebrate with you!
- You have no idea the embarrassing stories I’m going to bring up in my maid of honour speech – good luck! (And congratulations!)
- I didn’t tease you for nothing as a kid. It was preparing you for how mercilessly I’m going to mock you when you turn into a bridezilla. Bring it on, sister!
- You deserve the world and I’m so happy you’ve found someone that makes you beam with happiness. To many more adventures!
- I’ve spent my whole life looking up to you but you’ve never made a decision as wise as asking Hannah to marry you. Well done!
Engagement Wishes for a Son or Daughter
- We’re the luckiest parents in the world to have watched you grow into the beautiful woman you are today. The moment you first introduced us to Sam we could tell you were head over heels and now we’re so fortunate to welcome them into our family too.
- I always knew this joyous moment would come, and I’m honoured to call you my son as you take this exciting new step to starting your own family.
- Once of the proudest moments of a father’s life is when they get to watch their little girl walk down the aisle. The second proudest is when they ace their father of the bride speech. I hope you’re OK with just your mother helping you with the planning, because I’m off to start drafting!
- May the love you share only grow stronger as you grow older.
- Enjoy every moment of planning your wedding. This is just chapter one of the most exciting book.
- I couldn’t be happier to welcome a new daughter into our family. I hope you warned her what to expect!
- It makes us so happy to see how happy Robin makes you. It’s all you could ask for your child and we hope you stay this madly in love forever.
- Your father and I have always tried to set an example for you of what a marriage should look like. May you always have each other’s back and each other’s heart as you navigate a new life together.
- To our wonderful daughter and her new fiancée: may this relationship blossom into a beautiful family.
Engagement Wishes from a Bridesmaid or Groomsman
- Congratulations! It feels like only yesterday we were moving into halls at uni and now I’m about to help you get married!
- I couldn’t be more excited to be part of your wedding journey. I’m here for everything you need, whether that’s addressing 100 envelopes or bringing round wine at 11pm when you’re stressing out. Actually, there’s never been a time when I wouldn’t have brought round wine at 11pm… but now we’ll have an excuse.
- You’re a match made in heaven and I’m over the moon I get to watch you make that official.
- You’ve been my best mate since school. I got to be front-row for all the detentions, shocking football tackles, boys’ holidays, first love and first heartbreak – plus that time you accidentally shaved off your eyebrow – and now I get to be front-row as you say ‘I do’. I couldn’t be prouder of that lanky, spotty teenager right now.
- I’m so proud of you for making the best decision of your life. No, not Alex – I mean choosing me to be your bridesmaid.
- I finally booked us into that spin class we’re always talking about. We’re going to need the cardio for all the dress shopping we’re about to do!
- I remember when we planned our weddings when we were seven with a toilet paper veil and Haribo rings. This is a glow-up and half! Congrats, queen. I can’t wait to try on tiaras with you.
- You two are a perfect couple and two of my best friends – I can’t wait to celebrate with you!
Funny Engagement Wishes
- I’m so happy that the two of you are engaged! Now for the fun part — the open bar! I mean, wedding. I definitely meant wedding.
- Congratulations on finding that one person you get to officially annoy for the rest of your life!
- Congratulations on that gorgeous ring! I mean, fiancé/e.
- Excellent, a wedding I actually want to attend!
- Wishing you a lifetime of great sex…oh, and love and happiness and all that other stuff.
- Best of luck – you can never laugh at your partner’s choices again; you’re one of them!
- I’m so proud of you for choosing to marry out of love and not a surprise pregnancy.
- Warmest congratulations to you both. Enjoy this time wedding planning before all the bills arrive!
- I couldn’t be happier that you’ve managed to avoid becoming a crazy cat lady.
- I’m 90% happy for you and 10% jealous. But 100% up for an open bar!
- I guess you two are pretty serious then. Cool.
- Engaged is a synonym for busy. Now you officially have an excuse to get out of every party you don’t want to go do, you jammy things!
- I can’t wait to Instagram the heck out of your day! (You better keep it up to my followers’ expectations.)
When Is The Right Time To Send an Engagement Card?
Proper etiquette states that you should send the newly engaged couple in your life a card pretty close to after you hear about their engagement. It is understood that like everyone else, you get busy.
I personally have purchased a card, filled it out, and forgot to send it for a little while. However, it is okay to still send it out if that happens to you.
A few weeks late is better than never, as long as it’s not a few months late. If you are attending the engagement party, you can just wait and personally deliver it to the couple at this time.
There is nothing wrong with giving them your card when you give them the gift from you. If you are unable to attend the engagement party, be sure to send them their card and gift as soon as possible so they receive it in a timely manner.