A Grand Catalog of Sanskrit Names for your New Born Baby.
Sanskrit Names: In these days where we cherish class and uniqueness, Sanskrit names can rightly fit our desires. If you wish for a deep, profound and meaningful name for you kid, you need to take a closer look at Sanskrit names.
With their strong attachment and attention to their cultures and traditions, the Asians assign names to their kids with care. The special history of the Sanskrit language makes their names quite interesting.
Always, these Sanskrit names come with great messages and lessons. The Sanskrit speaking people accord much significance to these names.
Therefore, if you are wishing for a special, unique and awesome name for your baby, try Sanskrit names. Below is a compact list of rare Sanskrit names you can select from.
Positive Sanskrit Names for Baby Boys
1. Achyut – A name for Lord Vishnu, imperishable, indestructible
2. Aadit – Aadit, meaning ‘peak’, is a wonderful name and will be perfect if you are looking for something that is not run of the mill.
3. Aagam – Some Sanskrit names for boys may sound ordinary and common, but hide great meaning inside them. One of these names is Aagam, which means ‘arrival’.
4. Aagneya – The name Aagneya means the ‘son of fire’.
5. Adi – Are you looking for a Sanskrit name that is not too complex? Try Adi, which means ‘first’.
6. Adhrit – A name for Lord Vishnu, one worthy of respect
110. Tarak – This moniker, with the ‘Tara’ in it, has a sci-fi vibe to it. It means ‘star and protector’.
111. Tarush – Conquerer
112. Tathya – Tathya has a wonderful and symbolic meaning. It means ‘truth’.
113. Tavasya – Strength
114. Trinabh – A name for lord Vishnu
115. Tushant – Here’s another baby boy name that is not typically masculine. Tushant means ‘flower’ in Sanskrit.
116. Uddhav – Festival; sacrificial fire
117. Udit – Lofty; ascended
118. Udyat – Star; rising
119. Utkarsh – Superior; attractive
120. Vedant – Complete knowledge of the Vedas
121. Ved -Ved means ‘sacred knowledge’ and represents the Vedas, which are the source of wisdom, tradition, and religion for most Hindus.
122. Veer – We’d suggest you this name for its meaning. Veer means ‘brave’ or ‘warrior’.
123. Vibhuti – Holy ash; prosperity; glory
124. Vibodh – Intelligence, awakening
125. Vidyot – A flash of light
126. Viraj – Sovereignty; majesty
127. Vrishank – A name for Lord Shiva
128. Yash – Fame; honour; respect
129. Yatin – Yatin means ‘ascetic’. It is a common name with a rather old-fashioned meaning, but it is beautiful
130. Yug – An era
131. Yuvan – Young king; heir apparent
Beautiful Sanskrit Names for Baby Girl
1. Aadrika – Name of an celestial being (apsara)
2. Aaratrika – Lamp used for worship (arti)
3. Aarunya – Like other major cultures from around the world, the sun holds a pivotal position in Hinduism. Aarunya is a proof of this. It means the ‘first rays of the sun’.
4. Aayushi – Lineage, duration of life
5. Abha – Not all baby names in Sanskrit are long and complicated! Abha is a short name. It means ‘brightness’ and reflects the joy your daughter has brought into your life.
6. Abhitha – Goddess Parvati reflects the feminine part of creation, according to Hindu mythology. She symbolizes strength, purity, love, and creativity. How about making your daughter Parvati’s namesake? Name her Abhitha, which means ‘Goddess Parvati’.
7. Aditi – Most Indian girl names end with the letter A. If you are looking for a simple Sanskrit baby name that doesn’t end with an ‘A’ try Aditi. It means ‘universal’.
8. Aishani – A name for Goddess Durga; a cotton-silk tree
9. Antara – The second note in Hindustani music
10. Arunima – Red glow of the early morning sunlight
11. Avni – The earth
12. Bala – Bala, meaning ‘the little one,’ sounds like Bella.
13. Beryl – Meaning ‘gemstone’, Beryl has not yet made it to the popularity charts. Go for it if you want to walk the road less traveled.
14. Bhama – Your little one has made your life brighter. Bhama means ‘filled with brightness, splendor, and luster’. An apt name for your little sunshine!
15. Bhargavi – A name for Goddess Parvati or Lakshmi; sacred durva grass
16. Bhanavi – Belonging to the sun
17. Bhavika – Full of emotion and expression
18. Bhoomi – The earth
19. Chaitri -The full moon in the month of Chaitra
20. Chandrika – Moon; moonlight
21. Charvi – A beautiful lady
22. Chetaki – A name of a raga; jasmine flower
23. Chitragandha – Of various fragrances
24. Daksha – Competent; Shiva’s wife; the earth
25. Devangi – Like a Goddess
26. Devanshi – Part of a God; divine
27. Devaki – Divine
28.Devika – Little Goddess
29. Dheemayi – To meditate upon
30.Eeshani – A name for Goddess Durga
31. Eni – A river or stream
32. Esha – Wish
33. Gatha – Song of praise; a religious verse
34. Gauravi – Pride, respect
35. Gayatri – A name for Goddess Durga; a sacred verse
36. Gitika – A short song or hymn
37. Gomeda – Who needs precious stones when they have a child as beautiful and precious as a diamond? Gomeda means ‘one who is like a gem’.
38. Gunanidhi – As a parent, you worry not just about your baby’s health, but also about giving her the right values. The name Gunanidhi means ‘stockpile of good qualities’.
39. Gunjitha – There is nothing prettier than the sound of nature. Your baby’s laughter is music to your ears. The beautiful name Gunjitha means ‘humming of the bees’.
62. Madhavi – Spring is the season of beauty and celebration, just like your daughter! Name her Madhavi, which means ‘born in springtime’.
63. Madhuri – Are you a fan of the popular Bollywood actress Madhuri Dixit? Then this name will have a special place in your life. Though common, Madhuri is still a great choice for girls. It means ‘sweet’.
64. Malavika – A Himalayan plant; name of the heroine of Kalidas’s play, Malvika Agnimitra
65. Malini – Here’s another popular Sanskrit name for girls that is still worth a million bucks! Malini means ‘aromatic’.
66. Manisha – Wisdom is often underrated. It is not something you learn from books. It comes with experience. Manisha is a beautiful name that means ‘wise’.
67. Manishitha – You sent out a wish to the universe, and it came true in the form of your daughter! A blessed baby like her deserves a special name like Manishitha, which means ‘wish’ in Sanskrit.
68. Manya – Worthy of respect and honour
69. Mihira – The sun, moon, wind and clouds
70. Nalini – Sacred lotus
71. Namasya – Adoration; reverance
72. Navya – Newness; fresh
73. Nitya – Eternal
74. Nivedita – One who is entrusted with dedicated service; compassionate
75. Ojasvi – Bright; lustrous; like gold
76. Omana – Protector and helper
77. Oormila – Wife of Lakshman
78. Prabhodhini – The 11th day in the light half of Kartika in the Hindu calendar; a medicinal plant
79. Prabhodita – The enlightened one
80. Paridhi – Realm; the halo round the sun or moon; the ocean surrounding the earth
81. Pratyusha – Sunrise; dawn
82. Rangana – Happiness and merrymaking
83. Rasika – Graceful and elegant: juice of sugarcane
84. Revati – Royal jasmine; a particular ragini in music; prosperity