–Toxic Relationship Quotes–
Have you ever been in a relationship where you feel like you are being caged or constricted? Do you feel like your significant other is sucking the life out of you with his or her attitude? This might be signs of a toxic relationship.
Understandably, due to its prevalence, there are numerous toxic relationship quotes. Toxic relationship quotes describe and express mostly, the negativities associated with this kind of relationship.
I don’t know what your replies to any of the queries above. However, some people have had some really awful things to say about toxic relationships. These toxic relationship quotes can give you an insight into how detrimental this condition can be. Still,
it’s possible that some of us don’t even know we are in one. Agreeably, our present society has a lot of hostile displays. Surely, no one enjoys the stress of bad energy.
Toxic relationship quotes remind us how careful and intentional we need to be without partners. So, below is a collection of some toxic relationship quotes.
Some Insightful Toxic Relationship Quotes
When a particular issue becomes so pressing as to take away your inner peace, it calls for great concern. It must have been this pressure that inspired most of these toxic relationship quotes as we are going to see.
1. “A bad relationship can do that, can make you doubt everything good you ever felt about yourself.” > Dionne Warwick
2. “A bad relationship is like standing on broken glass, if you stay you will keep hurting. If you walk away, you will hurt but eventually you will heal.” > Autumn Kohler
3. “A broken heart bleeds tears.” >Steve Maraboli
4. “A deadness occurs in relationships when people are no longer willing to tell each other how they really feel.” > Shakti Gawain
5. “A relationship without trust is like a car without gas, you can stay in it all you want, but it won’t go anywhere.” >Michael J Herbert
6. “Because at some point you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.” >Sandi Lynn
7. “But he doesn’t love me anymore, and it’s not the end of the world.” > Jennifer Weiner
8. “Controllers, abusers, and manipulative people don’t question themselves. They don’t ask themselves if the problem is them. They always say the problem is someone else.” >Darlene Quimet
9. “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” > Steve Maraboli
10. “Dear Self: Stop re-opening your doors for toxic people, then calling it ‘seeking closure.’ Certain things don’t work out in life . . . and that’s ok.” >Reyna Biddy
11. “Don’t allow someone not worth it to have the power to occupy your thoughts.” > Donna Lynn Hope
12. “Don’t light yourself on fire trying to brighten someone else’s existence.” > Charlotte Eriksson
13. “Don’t settle for a relationship that won’t let you be yourself.” > Oprah Winfrey
14. “Failed relationships can be described as so much wasted make-up.” > Marian Keyes
15. “Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on.” > Criss Jami
16. “Hands that never touch. Lips that never meet. The Almost Lovers, never to be,” > Rae Hachton
17. “How starved you must have been that my heart became a meal for your ego.” > Amanda Torroni
18. “I am better than you and better without you. What are you without me?” > Chelsey Grace
19. “I mean, if the relationship can’t survive the long term, why on earth would it be worth my time and energy for the short term.” > Nicholas Sparks
20. “If you’re giving love and not receiving it, you’re not in the right relationship. If you’re receiving it and not giving it, then you are taking advantage of the other person.” >Patti Stanger
21. “If you’re in a relationship and all you do is cry, you need to stop and ask yourself, are you dating a human or an onion.” > Karen Salmansohn
22. “It is better for someone to break your heart once by leaving your life, than for them to stay in your life and break your heart continually.” > Terry Mark
23. “It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.” > Friedrich Nietzsche
24. “It was strange, really. A couple of months ago, I had thought I couldn’t live without him. Apparently I could.” > Gabrielle Zevin
25. “It’s amazing how someone can break your heart and you can still love them with all the little pieces.” > Ella Harper
26. “It’s better to be healthy alone than sick with someone else.” > Phil McGraw
27. “It’s one thing if a person owns up to their behavior and makes an effort to change. But if a person disregards your feelings, ignores your boundaries, and continues to treat you in a harmful way, they need to go.” >Daniell Koepke
28. “Just because someone desires you, does not mean that he values you.” > Julianne Cantarella
29. “Let things come and go. Stay calm, don’t let anything disturb your peace, and carry on.” > Germany Kent
30. “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” > Deborah Reber
31. “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” > Steve Maraboli
32. “Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.” >Hussein Nishah
33. “Like arsenic, toxic people will slowly kill you. They kill your positive spirit and play with your mind and emotions. The only cure is to let them go.” >Dennisse Lisseth
34. “Lose him when he treats you like his girlfriend behind closed doors and sees right past you in public.” > Liane White
READ ALSO !!!
- Female Led Relationship and the Reality of Our Century
- Love Messages for Long Distance Relationships for Girlfriends
- Romantic Tips to Spice up Your Relationship
35. “Love cannot live where there is no trust.” > Edith Hamilton
36. “Love should not make you feel like walking on eggshells. > Emma Xu
37. “May you reach that level within, where you no longer allow your past or people with toxic intentions to negatively affect or condition you.” >Lalah Delia
38. “No partner in a love relationship… should feel that he has to give up an essential part of himself to make it viable.” > May Sarton
39. “Poisonous relationships can alter our perception. You can spend many years thinking you’re worthless. But you’re not worthless. You’re underappreciated.” > Steve Maraboli
40. “Problems in relationships occur because each person is concentrating on what is missing in the other person.” > Wayne Dyer
41. “Relationships are supposed to make you feel good. Relationships are not supposed to make you feel bad. Or guilty, insecure, ashamed, paranoid, or hopeless. So when a relationship makes you feel bad, guilty, insecure, ashamed, paranoid, or hopeless. End it. Get over him. Move on.” >Laura Bowers
42. “Relationships based on obligation lack dignity.” > Wayne Dyer
43. “Remove yourself from people who treat you like your time doesn’t matter, like your feelings are worthless, or like your soul is replaceable.” > s.mcnutt
44. “So it’s true when all is said and done, grief is the price we pay for love.” > E. A. Bucchianeri
45. “Sometimes there are things in life that aren’t meant to stay. Sometimes change may not be what we want. Sometimes change is what we need.” >Don Bolena Jr.
46. “Staying in an unhealthy relationship that robs you of peace of mind, is not being loyal. It is choosing to hurt yourself mentally, emotionally, and sometimes, physically.” > Kemi Sogunle
47. “The hottest love has the coldest end.” > Socrates
48. “The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.” > Ernest Hemingway
49. “The one who loves the least, controls the relationship.” > Robert Anthony
50. “The person who doesn’t value you is blocking you from the one who will.” > Robert Tew
51. “The shattering of a heart when being broken is the loudest quiet ever.” > Carroll Bryant
52. “There is a time for departure even when there’s no certain place to go.” > Tennesse Williams
53. “There must come a time when your love for yourself becomes more important than your need to hold onto the pain of your past.” > Karen Salmansohn
54. “There’s an important difference between giving up and letting go.” > Jessica Hatchigan
READ ALSO !!!
- 17 Ways to Help You Recover From a Toxic Relationship 2021
- Proven Steps to Rebuild Trust in a Damaged Relationship or Marriage
- 17 Things Guys Hate In a Relationship That Girls Do
55. “Thinking of you is a poison I drink often.” > Atticus
56. “Toxic people spread their toxin to you and then you, in turn, become a wasteland like they are.” > Body Focus
57. “Until you let go of all the toxic people in your life, you will never be able to grow into your fullest potential. Let them go so you can grow.” >DLQ
58. “We are born in relationship, we are wounded in relationship, and we can be healed in relationship.” > Harville Hendrix
59. “We should fight for our relationships, but if fighting means ripping yourself to shreds and piggybacking all his demons, you need to leave.” > Tara Love
60. “We teach people how to treat us.” >Dr. Phil
61. “We’ve all loved someone way too freaking much.” > Karen Salmonsohn
62. “When he’s the last thing you need, he’ll drain you. He’ll exhaust you. He’ll destroy you. And you won’t see it that way. In fact, you won’t notice it at all. But everyone else will.” >Kirsten Corley
READ ALSO !!!
- Simple Ideas to Improve Your Relationship with Your Boyfriend or Girlfriend
- 10 Tips on How to Solve Crucial Relationship Problems
- 13 Successful Ways to Come Out From a Toxic Relationship 2021
63. “Why do you think of him because he’s not thinking about you.” > Amy Nicholson
64. “You create more space in your life when you turn your excess baggage to garbage.” > Chinonye J. Chidolue
65. “You flew off with the wings of my heart and left me flightless.” > Stelle Atwater
66. “You have to believe that you’re better than the fountain of abuse that’s been spewing hurt and pain at you. You just are.” > Sara Li
67. “You make me feel like a firefly. Trapped in a bell jar; starved for love.” > Ayushee Ghoshal
68. “You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically.” > Joel Osteen
69. “You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.” > C. JoyBell C.
It is very possible that in all human interactions, there are a few frictions and conflict. However, it is very unfortunate that we sometimes let these minor issues degenerate to the point of toxicity. It is this defective state affair that triggers these toxic relationship quotes.
I hope that you will sort out your issues with your lover or friend so you don’t ever have to use any of these quotes.
You can as well share this article with your friends.