250 Amazing and Lovely Nicknames for Your Girlfriend 2020 Update.
If you’ve been dating a girl for long enough to call her your girlfriend, you would certainly owe her a nickname. Choose this amazing nickname that you will both love.
Your endless quest for the perfect nickname for your girlfriend should end with this post, as a good number of nickname ideas have been given.
It’s a little more difficult to find nicknames for your girlfriend than to have a nickname for a random buddy
Choose a Nickname That Means Something to You!
Do you two love to do something together? Do you have a favorite movie? A sentimental nickname is more meaningful than a general one that has no backstory behind it.
Embrace Inside Jokes!
The inside jokes the two of you share are a great place to start when choosing a nickname. You don’t have to choose a cliché name. Find something that’s unique to the two of you.
Know His or Her Personality!
If she is not okay with mushy nicknames – even in private – stick to the classics, like “babe” or “hun”
Examples of Girlfriend Nicknames Based on Personality
- Giggles – For a girlfriend that laughs a lot.
- Sting – For a girlfriend stubborn girlfriend.
- Loony – For a crazy girlfriend.
- Missy Mischief – For a girlfriend who always knows how to get herself in trouble and most times drag you along.
- Ice – For a calm Girlfriend.
- Firecracker – For a no-nonsense kind of girlfriend. Someone misbehaves, she’ll spark. Fast
Nicknames Based on Your Girlfriend’s Physique
Also, you can find a pet name for your girlfriend based on any of her physical characteristics that are visibly prominent.
Examples of Girlfriend Nicknames Based on Physique
- Shortcake – A cute name for a petite girlfriend.
- Brown eyes – Does she have sexy brown eyes?
- Blonde – Does she have beautiful blonde hair?
- Red – Perfect for a red-haired girlfriend.
- Freckles – For a girlfriend with freckles.
- Goddess – For a girlfriend so pretty it’s almost unreal. Almost.
- Long legs – Need we say more? Those legs go on forever.
List of Cute Names to Call Your Girlfriend
- Cutie Head – A little silly.
- Button – If she is cute as a button.
- Baby Boo – Be warned, some girls dislike the name “boo”.
- Lady Bug – Kind of cute.
- Sprinkles – She is colorful, fun and happy.
- Suns Baby Bear – This is a fairly safe name to call a girlfriend.
- Baby Love – If you use this pet name, you can also play her the song “Baby Love” on a date or romantic evening
- Cheesecake – Hopefully, she likes cheesecake.
- All Mine – Even if you are not the possessive type, this is a fairly good pet name.
- Precious – If you consider her too valuable to lose.
- Pumpkin – As she is bright and sweet.
- Bubbles – For girls who have bubbly, friendly personalities.
- Peach – If you consider her cute and delightful.
- Snuggly – If you love to snuggle with her.
- Babe – It lacks creativity, but its a popular pet name.
- Lucky charm – If you believe that she brings you good luck.
- Cutie-pie – If you find her cute and sweet.
- Melody – If her voice is as melodious as a melody.
- Baby Doll – If you treat her like your princess, this is the name to use.
- Hop – If she is fun-loving.
- Kit Kat – Send her some chocolate bars with the note, “Kit Kats for my Kit Kat”.
- Hottie – If she is your hottie, let her know it.
- Gumdrop – This is unusual but loving.
- Bub – For someone who is too adorable.
- Gummie Bear – Gummie Bear is a great name for a long-term relationship.
- Angel Face – This is similar to Baby Face and Love Face.
- Gorgeous – Overused, but still effective.
- Hot Cakes – This is a 1950s throwback that she is sure to love.
- Buttercup – For happy, sunny personalities.
Cool Names to Call Your Girlfriend
- Boo Bear – This is slightly juvenile sounding, but it is kind of cute.
- Cuddle Cakes – Likewise, Cakes seems to be a common inclusion in nicknames.
- Gorgeous – This one is self-explanatory.
- Joy – If she brings you joy.
- Baby Face – Use this if you robbed the cradle.
- Hot Lips – Ever seen MASH?
- Little Muppet – An interesting way to mix things up a bit.
- Love – Overly used, Love still manages to be an excellent pet name.
- Lemon – If she adds something new and exciting to your life.
- Blue Eyes – Of course, this only works if she actually has blue eyes.
- Cinderella – As she is a princess in your eyes.
- Pooh – If she is as lovable as Winnie the Pooh.
- Honey Buns – Does this mean she is sweet like Honey Buns? Or has sweet-looking buns? Who cares?
- Cupcake – For your weekend fling.
- Spring – If she adds colour to your life.
- Lover-Girl – As she is the one you truly love.
- Boo – If you find her sexy.
- Dove – As she is fragile and pure.
- Angel Baby – It sounds a little odd, but this could work if you want to mix things up a bit.
- Firecracker – For the fiery-tempered ladies.
- Cutie Pie – Common, but classic.
- Honey Lips – For lips as sweet as sugar.
- Honey Love- Not sure what this means, but it sounds nice.
- Happiness – If she is the reason for your happiness.
- Baby Cheeks – Baby Cheeks manages to be cute and unique.
- Rose – If she is as precious as a rose.
- Daisy – If she is delicate like a flower.
- Baby Doodle – Although I have never really heard this used before, it sounds like an awesome name for a cute, quirky girlfriend.
Names to Call Your Girlfriend
- Cuddles – As you love to cuddle with her.
- Magic – If she makes your life magical.
- Lollipop – Fairly unusual.
- Goober – If you want to tease her in a nice way, use this pet name.
- Fluffy – If she was a cat or a pillow, this would work fine.
- Firefly – Cute, but I am not sure what this means.
- Wifey – Someone you plan to make your future wife.
- Bunny – Bunny can be modified easily with names like honey bunny, sugar bunny and funny bunny.
- Doll Face – Cute, but some girls can and will find it demeaning.
- Summer – As she brings light and brightness to your life.
- Beautiful – A timeless classic.
- Queen – If she is the queen of your heart.
- Baby Cakes – This hearkens back to the 1950s.
- Hot-stuff – If she is irresistible.
- Cuddle Bunny – Cuddle can basically be modified with anything.
- Donut – For someone who is sweet and round.
- Bright eyes – If her eyes are her best feature.
- Bad Kitty – A little weird, but it works.
- Cupcake – If she is sweet and yummy.
- Darling – Even if you do not like this pet name, she will love it.
- Lamb – If she is as adorable as a sweet little lamb.
- Dove – A good name for after a fight.
- Angel Eyes – Another pet name with the word “angel”.
- Dream-girl – As she is the girl of your dreams.
- Love – If you feel nothing but love when you see her.
- Sweetheart – If she is sweet and sincere.
- Kitten – Kitten is a great pet name because it is so easy to modify.
- Babylicious – A combination of baby and delicious.
- Juliet – If she is the heroine of your tale.
- Cookie – If she is sweet as a cookie.
- My All – If she means everything to you.
- Babe – If she is sexy.
- Baby Girl – So common that it is almost sickening.
- Pink – If she is girly.
- Care Bear – Carebear is a great name because if you ever need to write her poetry, you’ll actually be able to rhyme with other words.
- Hot Stuff – If you want her to feel attractive, throw her a “Hot Stuff” every once in a while.
- Hot Mama – You may want to check with her first, but this is a fairly good nickname.
- Doll – If she is as perfect as a doll in your eyes.
- Cherry – She completes your life.
- Honey – A classic rolls on the tongue.
- Dimples – This only works, of course, if she has dimples.
- Honey Muffin – A modification for “Muffin”.
- Brown Sugar – Sweet names for sweet ladies.
- Cherry Pie – Anything that ends in “pie” basically works as a pet name.
- Hot Mama – If you find her curvy and sexy.
- Pretty lady – If she is gentle and delicate.
- Bubble Butt – You should probably get to know her fairly well before you call her this.
- Angel – If you believe she is your guardian angel.
- Love Bug – Love Bug may be the cutest nickname ever.
- Kitten – If she is adorable like a kitten.
- Dear – This sounds like something an old couple would say.
- Baby Angel – Unique, but not particularly cute.
- Cuddles – Best used with “the one”.
- Chickadee – Cute and unusual.
- Canoodle – Your girlfriend will most likely love this cute name.
- Darling – As she is the dearest.
- Doodle Bug – This is a cute alternative to Doll Face.
- Cupid – Fairly cute.
Girlfriend Nicknames Based on Mannerisms
Examples of Girlfriend Nicknames Based on Mannerisms
- Vampy – Does she prefer to stay indoors in the daytime and “come alive” at night?
- Nana – If she’s always doting over you, this cute nickname (another word for “nanny”), is just right.
- Fast fingers – Does she type super fast? Or know her way around anything too easily?
- Cloudy eyes – If she’s a chronic daydreamer, you’ve got the perfect nickname.
- Giggles – Is she always finding something amusing?
- Marshmallow – Is she super soft-hearted?
- Nun – Does she have strong moral standards?
- Happy Feet – Does she have an obsession with music or dancing?
- Butterfingers – Is she a careless “loose-fingered” girlfriend?
- Lazy butt – If you got yourself a lazy girl, you got yourself her new name.
- Nicknames Based on Your Girlfriend’s Favorite Activities
- Coming up with nicknames based on your girlfriend’s favorite pastimes is also a smart choice, as she’d most likely appreciate the recognition and creativity on your part. Here are a couple of ideas.
- Lil’ mermaid – Does she love to swim?
- Geek chic – Is she a mighty guru when it comes to tech stuff?
- Rap God – Does she rap or freestyle amazingly well?
- Golden Girl – Is she always the topic of attention everywhere she goes?
- Night Owl – Does she love to stay up late into the night?
- Beach Body – Does she enjoy tanning in the sun or just relaxing at the beach?
- Trap Queen – Is she a hustler, a little boss in massive ways?
- Queen Bee – Is she the head of her clique or squad or pretty much anywhere she finds herself?
- Hummingbird – Does she have an obsession with music?
- Surfer babe – Is she a pro at surfing?
Nicknames Based on Your Girlfriend’s Actual Name
If you’d rather just come up with a nickname right from your girlfriend’s original name, here are some ideas to work with:
- MaryJane – MJ (For similar names, making use of her initials is a simple nickname to give your girlfriend)
- Loveline – Love (Culling out half of her name from the front, most especially if it makes perfect sense on its own also works)
- Rosemary – Rosey (adding a suffix like -y instantly makes the nickname extra romantic)
- Alicia – Allie (likewise, affixing other letters makes a cute nickname quite effortlessly)
- Coleen – Coco (Doubling some letters in her name easily works for pretty much any name, and always sounds adorable and not so mushy)
- Isabella – Bella (Culling out half of her name from the back equally works for most names)
- Amanda – ‘manda (A popular way to create a nickname is taking out one or two letters from the beginning of her name, and pronouncing it without them. It’s a popular scheme.)
- Candice – Candy (If her name sounds close to a fruit, a sweet or something delicious, give her that as a nickname instead!)
- Stephanie – Annie (Creating a nickname out of her real name, most especially if her original name is really long is also super smart — easier to pronounce and much cuter)
- Kimora – Kim K (If she’s got a favorite celebrity bearing her name, it’s also creative to call her that nickname, as you can be sure she’d love it.)
Girlfriend Nicknames Based on Themes
Nicknames based on themes are usually some of the simplest nicknames to come up with, depending on situations and mood. Here are a couple of cute nicknames for her:
Cute Nicknames for Your Girlfriend
The best girlfriend nicknames are the cute nicknames. Here are some cute pet names to call your girlfriend:
- Sprinkles – Is she the extra spice in your life that makes all the difference?
- Pooh Bear – A cute name to call your favorite pet — your girl.
- Cookie – A nickname for a tough but yummy girlfriend.
- Sweet Pea – For a girlfriend who’s the sweetest thing ever.
- Cuddly Wuddly – A sweet pet name for your cuddle partner.
- Heartie – For the girlfriend who’s got the key to your heart.
- Lollipop – For the girlfriend that is irresistible and delicious.
- Wifey – For your girlfriend who’s easily wife material in your eyes.
- Muffin – Is she so attractive and enticing you just want to eat her up?
- Bunny ears – For the girlfriend with the tiniest and cutest ears ever.
Girlfriend Nicknames Inspired By Food
Can you really go wrong with food-inspired pet names? Here are some nicknames inspired by food that you could call your girlfriend:
- Marshmallow – For an adorable girlfriend.
- Cookie – For a sweet girlfriend.
- Cupcake – A sweetheart!
- Ginger – A popular nickname for red-heads.
- Honey – A classic pet name for a girl you love.
- Lambchop – A funny and sweet term of endearment for your girlfriend.
- Peaches – For a girl that enriches your life.
- Peanut – A cute pet name for a short girlfriend.
- Pumpkin – For the girl that stole your heart.
- Sugar – A sweet name for a girlfriend.
Spanish Nicknames for Girlfriend
Here are some cute Spanish pet names you can call your girlfriend or lover.
- Cariño – It could be translated as “dear” or “darling.”
- Bebé – It means “baby.”
- Amada – It translates to “darling.”
- Azúcar – It means “sugar.”
- Mi Corazón – Similar to “(my) sweetheart.”
- Bonita – A cute pet name for a beautiful girlfriend.
- Mi Cielito – Similar to “Sweetie.”
- Princesa – Your “Princess.”
- Mi Angelita – It means “my little angel.”
- Hermosa – It means “Beautiful.”
- Mi Tesoro – A cute term of affection for a girl you “treasure.”
- Mi Vida – It means “My Life.”
- Bombón – Similar in meaning to “sweetie.”
- Querida – It could be translated as “beloved.”
- Mi Amor – It means “(my) love.”
- Preciosa Mío – It means “my precious.”
- Mi Chiquilla – Your “little girl.”
- Mi Sol – It means “My sun.”
- Chiquita – A cute nickname for a short girlfriend.
- Estrella – It means “Star.”
- Mi tierra – A cute nickname for a girl you can’t do without.
Italian Nicknames for Girlfriend
Here are some cute Italian pet names you can call your girlfriend or lover:
- Mi Bella – My Beautiful
- Sei Unica – One in Million
- Mi Amore – My Love
- Stellina – It literally means, “Star.”
- Ciccino – It means “Darling.”
- Cuore mio – My Heart
- Tesoro – It translates literally to “treasure.”
- Gioia – literally, “joy.”
- Mi Bambino – My Baby
- Mi Cara – My Dear
French Nicknames for Girlfriend
Here are some cute French nicknames you can call your girlfriend or lover:
- Mon bébé d’amour – A cute French nickname for your sweet baby love.
- Ma tendre – A cute nickname for a true sweetheart.
- Mon amour – It means my love!
- Beauté – A nice way to show your love to your beautiful girlfriend.
- Ma chérie – For the love of your life.
- Ma reine – It means queen, a respectful word used to refer to your loved one.
- Mon chou – A cute French nickname for a girlfriend, it means honey.
- Ma poupée – It means baby doll.
- Mon bébé – It means “my baby.”
- Ma princesse – It means my princess.
Hindi/Indian Nicknames for Girlfriend
The following nicknames are cute Indian nicknames you can call your girlfriend or lover:
- Inaayat – It means “Favor.”
- Jaanu – It means “Honey.”
- Piya – A short and sweet nickname for your girlfriend.
- Gudiya – It means “Doll.”
- Chand – An Indian girlfriend nickname, which means “Moon.”
- Mehbooba – It means “sweetheart.”
- Mishti Doi – For your sweetheart.
- Sona – For your precious “Gold.”
- Sanam – For you dearly “Beloved” girlfriend.
- Dilruba – For a sneaky heart stealer.
- Jaan – “Your Life.”
- Cheeni – It means “Sugar.”
- Anmol – A cute Indian nickname for a “Priceless” girlfriend.
- Maahi –beloved
- Pari –little angel
- Meethi – For the loveliest girlfriend in the world!
- Pyari – For the most adorable girl in the world!
Chinese Nicknames for Girlfriend
The following are romantic Chinese nicknames to call your girlfriend:
- 小呆萌 (Xiao DaiMeng) – Clumsy as well as cute.
- 丽丽 (Li Li) – It literally means “Beauty-Beauty.”
- 爱妃 (Ai Fei) – My beloved spouse.
- 蓉蓉 (Rong Rong) – A cute Chinese nickname for a “beautiful” girl.
- 老婆 (Lao Po) – Similar to “Wifey.”
- 小花 (Xiao Hua) – It means “Little Flower.”
- 小娇妻 (Xiao JiaoQi) – It means “My Little wife.”
- 宝宝 (Bao Bao)/贝贝 (Bei Bei) – Cute Chinese matching names for couples; it means baby.
- 小宝贝 (Xiao BaoBei) – It means “My little precious stone.”
- 爱人 (Ai Ren) – “My beloved one.”
- 糖糖 (Tang Tang) – It means “Sugar-Sugar.”
- 小甜心 (Xiao TianXin) – It means “My Sweetheart”.
- 太后 (Tai Hou) – It means “Queen”.
- 娘子 (Niang Zi) – A romantic Chinese nickname for a girlfriend; it means “Wife.”
- 甜甜 (Tian Tian) – It means “Sweet-Sweet.”
- 小天使 (Xiao TianShi) – It means “My Little Angel.”
- 太后 (Tai Hou) – It literally means “Queen”.
- 小崽子 (Xiao ZaiZi) – It means “My Little Puppy.”
- 小美人 (Xiao MeiRen) – It means “My Little Beauty”.
Things to Consider When Creating Nicknames
The nickname must not be extravagant. Trying to introduce yourself regularly as “The Lover Maker” will not only make people avoid you, but it definitely will not catch on.
Don’t always correct people simply because they have forgotten to use your nickname. No one enjoys being around the guy who gets mad at people constantly because they have forgotten to name him “Terminator Tim,” or something.
Forcing a nickname is a safe way to drive people away from using it in the future. Nicknames are intended to be fun and informal, but getting worked up over them would make people
Simple Is Better
If your nickname is hard to recall or hard to say, then it is a no-go. Many of the popular nicknames people stick to are short and snappy. Stick mostly to nicknames which are low in syllables and easy to read. Ideally a good nickname should be much easier to write and tell than your real name.