35 Awesome and Creative Nicknames for Peter 2020 Update.
Peter Name Origin and Meaning
One of the most prominent figures in Christian hagiography is Saint Peter, keeper of the Gates of Heaven.
Peter is derived from the Greek Petros, meaning “rock” or “stone.” He was given the nickname Peter by Jesus, born Simon bar Jonah, to indicate that he would be the pillar on which Christ would create Christianity.
In centuries, there was Peter the Great, the czar who developed Russia as a major European power.
There have been sweet childhood associations for centuries with this iconic name of the New Testament, but beyond Peter Rabbit, Peter Pan, et al. But as user-friendly as the name makes it, it also has a solid, traditional side.
Also, it is never as commonly used as some of the more conventional Anglo-Saxon stalwarts, with those pleasant childhood connections; Peter maintains an enduring appeal to parents seeking a less-used classic.
Some fascinating derivatives are also available to Peter: the British, such as Piers; the Irish, Pierce and Pearse; the Italians, Piero and Pietro; the Spaniards, Pedro; the French, Pierre; and the Dutch, Piet.
Here are the lists of popular nicknames for Peter
Popular Short Nicknames for Peter
Most popular nicknames come from shortened forms of the name.
Creative Nicknames for Peter
Creative nicknames of a name double as excellent screen names and good nicknames friends can use to refer to one another. Here are some creative nicknames for Peter:
- Pika: A cool nickname for Peter that could double as a screen name.
- Peter Pan
- Stinky Pete: from the Toy Story movies.
- Peter Piper: From the popular tongue twister.
- Peter Rabbit
- Spiderman: Peter Parker
- Peter Griffin: He is one of the main characters in the American animated sitcom ‘Family Guy’ voiced by Seth MacFarlane.
- Pumpkin Eater: “Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater” is an English language nursery rhyme.
- The Rock: A nickname for Peter inspired by Jesus, referring to Simon Peter as the rock upon which he would build his church.
- Peter Maximoff: He is a fictional character in the Marvel Comics under the alias ‘Quicksilver.’
- Apostle: From Apostle Peter.
- Peter Parker
Funny Nicknames for Peter
Here are some funny nicknames for Peter:
- Big Pete
- Lil P
Variations of Peter
Language variants of a name are another great source of nicknames for that name. Here are some nicknames from variants of Peter:
- Pierre: The French variant of the Greek name Peter.
- Piaras: The Irish variant for the Greek name Peter.
- Pedro: The Spanish variant of the Greek name Peter.
- Peteru: The Yoruba variant for the Greek name Peter.
Famous People Named Peter
Famous people are a popular source of nicknames. Here are some famous people named Peter:
- Peter Dinklage: He is a Primetime Emmy Award-winning actor known for his role as Tyrion Lannister in the HBO TV series’ Game of Thrones.’ He is nicknamed ‘The Halfman’ after his character in ‘Game of Thrones.’
- Peter Capaldi: He is a Scottish actor known for his roles in movies such as ‘Doctor Who’ and ‘The Suicide Squad.’ He is nicknamed ‘PCap.’
- Peter Tork, actor and musician
- Peter Ustinov, actor
- Peter the Great, Russian czar
- Peter Jackson: He is a film director, producer, and screenwriter known for his movie adaptation of the ‘Lord of the Rings Trilogy’ and the ‘Hobbit Trilogy’ books by J. R. R. Tolkien.
If you read this list, then you’ve got to get some nicknames of choice for Peter. In order to let us know your thoughts on our list, leave us a message in the comment section.