The previous revamp and a minor change to CS: Dust GO’s 2 have left players searching for the best smoke spots all over again.
Here are some that are well worth learning and employing in your matches. The legendary CS: GO map Dust 2 has largely remained unchanged.
The layout is nostalgic and simple to understand, and aside from a few object removals and elevation changes, very little has changed.
Best Dust2 CT Smoke Spots
While each grenade requires practice and good aim, the right through and placement can turn the tide of the game.
It’s well worth having them on hand when you need them.
Crossing Protection to B
Any CT round requires protection to get from mid to B. Because of the long sightline, it’s one of the deadliest places in all of CS: GO, so this can be a great smoke spot if you want to negate the T AWP.
You’ll need to go outside of mid for this smoke spot, so be cautious. It’s also worth informing your teammates about your plan; otherwise, you won’t have anyone to rely on.
Here’s how to get that coveted smoking spot:
- Go to your spawn’s Top Box.
- Aim the crosshairs at the archway in front of you.
- Step forward and perform a running throw.
While it may not be as popular as it once was, the mid cross smoke from CT spawn is still a great place to try out some smoke.
Due to the update, it no longer has the same effect as it once did, but it is still useful for blocking mid or the catwalk.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Examine the doors to mid by xBox.
- Left-click through the doors to land directly in front of them.
Counter Terrorist Spawn Split Push
There are numerous excellent smoke spots in Dust 2, but this one has to be one of the most effective for any objective players and communicators.
It takes cooperation from the entire team and careful planning, but when done correctly, you will dominate the field.
You can basically throw this smoke from your spawn entrance that leads to the A Site.
The smoke will obscure the entry to A Long and A Short, allowing you to split push.
Here’s how you do it:
- Go to the cross patterns to the left of A Long.
- Look up and direct the smoke to just above the antenna’s left corner.
- throw (left click)
Counter-Terrorists can benefit from blocking the middle of the map in a variety of ways.
It allows them to freely press A or B, especially with a smoke shot like this one.
If you go from A Long to B Site and throw the smoke grenade, it will obscure both the Counter Terrorist’s spawn, mid in general, and the A Cross, allowing you to push for B.
Here’s how to get the ideal throw.
- Go to A Long and look for the blue barrel by the door.
- Look to your left at the streetlamp and align the crosshair with the pole’s shadow.
- Throw for maximum height.
Obscuring B from Upper Tunnels
Obscuring B is a sure-fire way to gain an advantage when looking for kills. The only problem is that B is a relatively open area that is frequently dangerous to be in.
Throwing a well-placed smoke gives you a significant advantage over the Terrorists.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Proceed to the Upper Tunnels.
- Locate the red B sign.
- As shown in the image, align your crosshairs to the right-hand dot.
- Left-click to throw
Best Dust2 Terrorist Smoke Spots
For a terrorist, well-placed smoke is critical. It can mean the difference between success and failure, so place it correctly.
Pushing an enemy’s spawn is a simple yet effective way to get some kills or ensure that no one spawns near you.
Using a smoke spot like this will allow you to protect yourself during a push to A Long or Site, or simply to take some land away from the Counter-Terrorists.
Here’s how to go about it:
- Navigate to Counter Terrorist Spawn.
- Place yourself between the Hotel Aurore sign and the opposing wall.
- Left-click down the path near the entry to throw a grenade.
Smoke at A Plant Site
There is nothing worse than trying to plant the bomb in the open air. Many players have died due to a lack of security at the bomb plant.
Having a cigarette nearby can be a game changer. You want to throw the smoke as close to the bomb plant as possible while still being far enough away to protect yourself if a Counter Terrorist runs through.
Despite the smoke, you’ll need other players to keep an eye out for the enemy.
Here’s how to achieve the ideal smoke:
- Get as close to the bomb as you can.
- To block the path, use the right click to throw smoke.
Block Off A Long
A Long is usually one of the first places people go when a game begins. This makes it both dangerous and useful for getting a few kills.
A well-placed and well-timed smoke can give you the upper hand in that scenario, especially if you’re with the terrorists.
In A Long, here’s how to slow down CTs:
- Proceed to the long doors.
- Looking up at the ceiling, align your crosshairs with the bottom of the left pillar, as shown in the image.
- Jump and left-click
Hidden Terrorists from A Short
Given the typical Terrorist spawn, A site is often the preferred strategy, unless it’s a B rush round.
The best way to get there is to divide up A Short, which is usually less dangerous than long but can still be deadly.
If you throw smoke towards A Short before your team pushes, any Counter-Terrorists will be unable to see them.
It’s a simple play, but it can mean the difference between achieving that crucial first goal.
Here’s how to get that smoke down.
- Go to the xBox and form a line with the rope on your left.
- Looking straight up at the tower above you, align the grenade to the right of it.
- Left click
An xBox Classic
The xBox on Dust2 refers to the famous set of boxes seen in the above smoke spot, which may or may not be relevant to the console.
And using these boxes as a Terrorist can give you a huge advantage.
The Terrorist spawn can be useful in a variety of ways, but it can be quickly compromised if Counter-Terrorists are quick and skilled enough.
This is why it’s critical to smoke the areas where they’re likely to approach you or get an angle on you.
If you want easy access to A Short, throw the smoke like this.
- Place yourself as far away from the catwalk as possible.
- When the team is ready to cross and before the CTs arrive, right-click Throw.
Those changes have resulted in the appearance of a few new best smoke spots dust 2 smoke spots in Dust 2.
Thankfully, some of the best smoke spots in Dust 2 haven’t changed.