With the barest knowledge of international politics, you must definitely have heard about Vietnam. If not for anything, the protracted and lethal wars. Vietnamese girl names present vivid evidence of the historical transition of the country. This Southeastern Asian country is also known for its beaches, rivers Buddhist practices have some of the most alluring names.
Prevalently, Vietnamese girl names sound like poetry. Examples are; river (Giang) or ocean (Hai) or shining jade (Nogc Minh). Also, Vietnamese girl names are used to represent their favorite musical instruments which hold a high cultural significance like; Moon Lute (Nguyet Cam).
Additionally, the reason why Vietnamese girl names carry such high significance and power is because of the old customs. There is a Vietnamese tradition that claims that evil spirits tend to steal babies, mainly the good-looking ones. Therefore, parents would go to lengths to make their children seem unappealing.
The Vietnamese names mostly consist of three syllables, but they may also be two or for syllables as well. As the Vietnamese language is tonal, the spelling of these names may be the same, but the tone can be entirely different. Accordingly, these features are seen in Vietnamese girl names as are going to be listed below.
Beautiful Vietnamese Girl Names and their Meanings
The beauty conveyed in these Vietnamese girl names is simply awesome. These names are as lovely as they are pronounced. Even their meanings are epic.
1. Ai – Derived from Chinese, Ai is an old Vietnamese name. Pronounced as eye, it means ‘sentimental love’.
2. An – This name has Chinese, Spanish, and Vietnamese origin. Pronounced un, it means ‘peace’ and ‘safety’.
3. Anh – Smart, intelligent
4. Bao – To Order, To Bid
5. Be – Pronounced beh, Be means ‘doll,’ which is the perfect choice for your little baby girl.
6. Bian – Secretive
7. Bich – Derived from Sino-Vietnamese origin, this name denotes the gemstone ‘jade’ or the colour ‘bluish-green’.
8. Binh – Binh has Australian and Vietnamese roots, and it means ‘peaceful’ and ‘section’.
9. Ca – This Northern Vietnamese name refers to the ‘first’ or ‘eldest’ child.
10. Cai – Female or feminine
11. Cais – Rejoicing person
12. Canh – Scenery
13. Chau – Chau is a unisex Sino-Vietnamese name that means ‘pearl’ or ‘gem’.
14. Chi – It is derived from African, Chinese, Japanese, and Vietnamese origin. This common name means ‘tree branch’ or ‘twig’.
77. Tuyet – Fair-skinned girl; “skin like snow” or snowing
78. Van – This name means ‘cloud’. Commonly used in Dutch, Greek, Vietnamese, and Scandinavian languages, this name is quite popular around the world.
79. Vinh – Derived from Sino-Vietnamese, this unisex name means ‘glory’, ‘gulf’. Pronounced Vynn, it is a beautiful name for your little girl.
80. Xuan – Taken from Sino-Vietnamese word, this name is pronounced as ‘shwen’ or ‘soon’. Xuanmeans ‘spring’ and has nicknames like Xuan-Xuan.
81. Yen – This common name of Thai and Vietnamese origin means ‘peace’ or ‘serene’.
Though it may not be very easy picking out a proper name for your wonderful baby girl, you can reduce your stress. Easily, you can assess some wonderful exotic names like these Vietnamese girls’ names to give yourself a wider range of options. Honestly, these Vietnamese girl names are quite classy and attractive.
Be gracious enough to share this article with your friends and loved ones.