A Broad Collection of Names that Mean Wind, Storm or Air.
Names that Mean wind: A variety of names are given to children these days. One of these categories is names that mean wind. There are many things that thrill us in this world. One of the attractions is the wind and the weather as a whole.
Names that mean wind abound in all cultures and languages. It might be because of the fluid nature of the wind, it might be because of the swiftness associated with the wind.
However, whatever be the case, parents give these breezy names to their children. Were these children born during a storm? Was there a turbulent storm or downpour? Just as the atmosphereand the weather affect us to some extent, some air-related names can have similar effects.
How these names that mean wind came to being might actually elope us, but we can surely enjoy their sweet rhythms and lovely sound. Hence, we have put down a couple of high soaring baby names collection that means wind so you can make a choice.
Great Names that Mean Wind or Air for Boys
1. Aeolus – A name of Greek origin and it means ‘wind.’ Aeolus was considered King of the winds and also was the Greek god of wind.
2. Akash – A very popular name of Indian origin and it means ‘open space or sky.’ The name is derived from Sanskrit.
3. Aither – Originating in Greek mythology, it means ‘spirit of the air.’
4. Anil – A name of Indian origin and it means ‘air’ or ‘the wind.’
5. Anvindr – A name that’s of Norse origin and it means ‘against the wind.’
6. Ayaz – A name of Turkish origin and it means ‘dry and cold air.’
7. Bayu -An Indonesian name that means ‘wind.’
8. Boreas -A name of Greek origin and it means ‘north wind.’
9. Caelestis – A name of late Roman origin and it means ‘of the sky’ or ‘heavenly.’
10. Corentin – Both French and Breton in origin and it means ‘tempest, hurricane.’
11. Enlil – It comes from the Sumerian word and it means ‘lord of wind.’
12. Ermir – A rare Albanian name that means ‘good wind.’
13. Eyvindr – An Old Norse name composed of the elements ‘ey‘ which means island and ‘vindr‘ which means wind. So the meaning is ‘island wind.’
14. Fujin -A name that’s Japanese in origin and it means ‘air, wind.’
15. Gale – A name that’s English in origin and it refers to a sea storm.
16. Govad – The name belongs to one of the 23 Hamkar archangels and it means ‘good wind.’
18. Hanish – This is a literary name that means ‘one who forewarns of storms.’
19. Hayate – A name of Japanese origin and it means ‘sudden sound of the wind.’
20. Ilmari – This is the short form of Ilmarinen who is an immortal character in Finnish mythology. It’s of Scandinavian origin and it means ‘the air.’
21. Naseem – A traditional Arabic name that means ‘breeze’ or ‘soft air.’ It’s very popular in Middle Eastern and South Asian cultures.
22. Palinouros – A Greek name that means ‘contrary wind.’ In Greek mythology, it was the name of the pilot of Aeneas’s boat.
23. Poyraz – A name of Turkish origin and it means ‘north wind.’
24. Rabi – A name that’s of Arabic origin and it means ‘gentle wind.’
25. Rai – Rai is a distinctive and intriguing name, meaning ‘storm.’ This hip name would sound better as a middle name than the first name. But it’s capable of standing as a first name as well.
26. Samir – A name of Hindi origin and it means ‘wind’ or ‘air.’
27. Soma – A name of Japanese origin and it means ‘sudden sound of the wind.’
28. Souta – A Japanese name that means ‘sudden sound of wind.’
29. Stormy – It’s considered a unisex name and it’s of American origin meaning ‘a tempest’ or ‘an impetuous nature.’
30. Thor – Thor is the mighty name of the Norse god of storm, thunder, and strength. It was, for long considered a comic book stable, but now that it has invaded the big screen, it could soon land on the birth certificates as well.
31. Typhoon – A name of Chinese origin and it means ‘great wind.’
32. Vayu – A name of Hindi origin and it means ‘god of the wind and the air.’
33. Wayra – A Native American name meaning ‘wind.’
34. Wyndham – A rare baby boy name of Old English origin and it means ‘from the windy village.’
35. Zeferino – A Portuguese form of the name Zephyrinusand it means ‘west wind.’
36. Zephyr – A name derived from the Greek Zephyros and it means ‘west wind.’
Choicest List of Names that Mean Wind or Air for Girls
1. Aella – A name of Greek origin and it means ‘whirlwind.’
2. Alizee – A name that’s French in origin and it means ‘wind.’
3. Alizeh – A name of Persian origin and it means ‘trade winds.’
4. Amihan – A name of Filipino origin and it means ‘north wind’ or ‘winter storm.’
5. Anemone – Anemone is a name derived from the Greek word anemos and means ‘wind’. In Greek mythology, Anemone was the nymph who turned into a wildflower. It would make an interesting, and even challenging pick for parents who want an exotic weather inspired the name.
6. Anila – A name of Hindi origin and it means ‘child of the wind.’
7. Aria – This name means ‘air’ and it’s quickly moving up the popularity charts due to its use in Game of Thrones.
8. Audra – A Lithuanian name meaning ‘storm.’
9. Aureole -This English name is derived from the word aureole, which is a diminutive form of the Latin name aura, which means ‘breeze or the wind’. Hence, Aureole means ‘little wind.’ We think Aureole would make a lovely substitute for the commonplace Ariel.
10. Auretta – This name means ‘light wind’ and it’s of Italian origin.
11. Breeze – (English Origin), meaning “a light, gentle wind”.
12. Brisa – (Spanish Origin), meaning “breeze”.
13. Bronte – Of Greek origin and means thunder.
14. Celeste – A name of Italian origin and it means ‘of the sky’ or ‘heavenly.’
15. Coro – A Native American name that means ‘wind.’
16. Corentine – Corentine is the feminine variation of the name Corentin and means ‘tempest or storm.’ This name has never really been in the top 100 but is now on the upswing after a period of neglect.
17. Cua – Means “wind” in Hmong
18. Era – A name that’s Albanian in origin and it means ‘wind.’
19. Esen – A name that means wind and it’s of Turkish origin.
20. Eteri – A name of Georgian origin and it means ‘ether’ or ‘air.’
21. Hurricane – A name of Spanish Native American origin that means ‘hurricane’ or ‘storm.’
22. Ilma – A name that’s of Finnish origin and it means ‘air.’