Most Modern Tamil Baby Names Popularly Used for Kids.
Modern Tamil Baby Names: It is always better to have a reasonable amount of information about the names that are prevalent at any one time or another. Although, Tamil baby names have existed for a significant number of years, there has been a recently developed trend of modern Tamil baby names.
Arguably, Tamil stands tall among other cultures and languages that have graced human existence. Tamil baby namesare drawn from the core principles of the Tamil culture. Even at present, these names have evolved to fit into modern structure and usage.
Accordingly, modern Tamil baby names, though, stemming from this ancient culture, possess outstanding attributes that makes then desirable as names for kids in modern days. Hence, we decided to furnish you with a list of modern Tamil baby names supposing you are still considering your choice of names for your kids.
Modern Tamil Baby Names for Flourishing Girls
1. Aadarshini – Aadarshini means ‘idealistic’. They may say that the world is too cruel to be idealistic these days, but life is all about looking at the positives! So, go for this beautiful name if you too are an optimist.
2. Aadhya – Aadhya means ‘First power’. It is a beautiful and powerful name for your little girl.
3. Aahna – Looking for a modern Tamil baby name that is unique yet meaningful? Try Aahna. It means ‘exist’.
4. Akshara – Akshara is a very popular name, not just in Tamil Nadu but all over South India. It means ‘letter or alphabet’. Most Tamil families prioritize education in their lives. That is why this name holds relevance in the region.
5. Alaka – Not all names need to be profound and deep! Some names are lighthearted. Take Alaka for example. It sounds nice, is easy to spell, and means ‘a girl with lovely hair.’
6. Banhi – Fire is considered holy and special by most Indians. The Tamil culture too worships fire. What better name than Banhi, which means ‘fire’, to honor this age-old culture?
7. Bhairavi – Some names remain popular, no matter how old they are. Bhairavi is a good example. It is another name for ‘Goddess Durga’ and symbolizes strength, purity, and fearlessness.
8. Bhavika – Looking for a modern baby girl name in Tamil? Look no further! Bhavika is an artistic name and means ‘well-meaning or righteous or cheerful expression’.
9. Bhavika – Cheerful expression
10. Bhavna – Good Feelings
11. Cavery – For Tamilians, the river Cavery holds a special relevance. It is the most important source of water for Tamil Nadu. Cavery is also a nature-inspired name.
12. Chellam – It is but normal to treat your little one like a princess. She is, after all, the ruler of your heart and soul! Name her Chellam, which means ‘pampered’.
13. Chitra – Chitra is a popular and common name in India. This versatile name means ‘drawing or picture, a star – nakshatra, or name of a river’.
14. Daevi – Daevi means ‘goddess or deity’. It is a powerful yet feminine and spiritual name for girls of the 21st century.
15. Deetya – Answer of Prayers
16. Dharuna – If you want a profound-sounding name, then Dharuna is the one. Itmeans ‘supporting’.
17. Dipti – Dipti is another common name that knows no regional boundaries. It means ‘brightness or ray of light.’
18. Eashita – One who desires
19. Eila – Eila, pronounced as ‘Ila’, is short, stylish, and sweet. It means ‘The Earth or cardamom tree’.
20. Elakya – If you interested in literature and looking to give your daughter a literature-inspired name, then try Elakya. It means ‘literature’.
21. Eswari – Looking for a classic Tamil name, that is also religious? Go for Eswari, which means ‘Goddess Parvati’.
22. Eyalisai – Here’s another melodious name for your little girl. Eyalisai means ‘music’.
23. Ezhil – Ezhil means ‘beautiful.’ This amazing name is still uncommon. So grab it while you still can.
24. Gautami – Gautami is a beautiful name of the river Godavari.
25. Gayathri – Also spelled Gayatri, the name has become a pan-India name. It has several meanings, including ‘good character, precious angel, goddess Durga, or chant of salvation’.
26. Girija – Girija is a charming traditional name and is the name of Goddess Parvati.
27. Gita – Gita is a very popular name in India. Gita refers to the ‘Bhagwat Gita’, which complies Hindu wisdom of ages.
28. Gitanjali – One of the biggest divine gifts we have today is music. Gitanjali means ‘an offering of songs’.
29. Gitika – Some namesbreak free of regional boundaries and find takers all over India. Gitika is no longer just a Tamil name! But it remains a great option for parents looking for a pretty name for their little girls. The name means ‘small song’.
30. Gowshika – Girl of Good Virtues
31. Haasini – Always Smiling
32. Hamsika – Beautiful Swan
33. Haniya – Haniya means ‘pleased’. It also refers to ‘happy or resting place’. With some many different meanings, Haniya is a winner of a name in our books.
34. Harita – A very common South Indian, Tamil Hindu baby name, Harita means ‘green, nature’s friend, or nature’s beloved’.
35. Hima – Hima is a beautiful and trendy name. It means ‘snow’. Consider this name if you want something that is inspired by nature.
36. Himaja – The world, according to Hindu mythology, was created by the union of the masculine and the feminine powers. Himaja means ‘Goddess Parvati’ who symbolizes the feminine creator of the cosmos.
37. Hita – You sure want your little girl to be loved by everyone, don’t you? Then choose Hita, which means, ‘who wants good for everyone or is lovable’.
38. Iniya – Iniya means ‘sweet’. The perfect name for your sweet little darling!
39. Ishva – Gift your daughter the knowledge of spirituality by name her Ishva. This heart-touching name means ‘spiritual teacher’.
40. Iyalisai – Another great name for musical families – Iyalisai means ‘music’.
41. Iyla – Tamil is a treasure trove of short and easy names. Iyla is one such short, sweet, and meaningful name that stands for ‘moonlight’.
42. Janhavi – Janhavi is a traditional name that sounds modern. Janhavi means ‘Ganga the river’. You can also spell it as Janvi.
43. Jaya – Jaya means ‘victorious’. As it is a short name, Jaya is often combined with another middle names.
44. Jayantika – One of the many names of goddess Durga, Jayantika is a powerful name for your daughter.
17. Eashan – Eashan is a good Hindu Tamilbaby name starting with the E? It symbolizes both ‘Lord Shiva’ and ‘Lord Vishnu’.
18. Eegan – Now here’s a name that is as unique as a name can get! Eegan means ‘benevolent, charitable, endowed’.
19. Eniyan – Here’s another unique Tamil name that means ‘young’.
20. Evyavan – Evyavan refers to Lord Vishnu and means ‘granter of all wishes’.
21. Ezhilarasan – If you don’t mind a complicated name, consider Ezhilarasan. The name means ‘prettiest king’ and is fit for the prince of your home and soul!
22. Falgun – Falgun is a month in the Hindu calendar. The month is named after a star. So, if your son was born in this month, you can name him Falgun.
23. Gayan – If music is what drives your world, Gayan is what you should name your son! This lovely name means ‘song or sky’ in Tamil.
24. Giri – Giri means ‘mountain’. It is a very common name in India. So, if you are looking for a short but classic name, Giri is the name for you.
25. Guhan – Lord Kartikeya or Murugan has many followers in Tamil culture. If you are one of them, you should consider Guhan, another name for Lord Murugan, as a name for your son.
26. Gunalan – Filled with Virtue
27. Harshavardhan – This is a lengthy name but has a great meaning. It means ‘one who increases joy’. Harsh can be its stylish nickname.
28. Hemant – If your boy is born in winter, then consider this name. Hemant is the most beautiful season of the year (part of winter).
29. Ijay – ‘I’ is a difficult letter when it comes to Indian names. But you are in luck because we have an amazing name for you. Ijay is another name for Lord Vishnu.
30. Ilaiyaraja – Who wouldn’t want to be named after the musical maestro of the music industry? Ilaiyaraja means ‘prince’.
31. Ilesh – Another beautiful and Tamil name for your son, Ilesh means ‘lord of the Earth’.
32. Iniyan – A beautiful name that is not religious but holds the Tamil culture afloat! Iniyan means ‘sweet’.
33. Iniyan – A Sweet Person
34. Jagan – Jagan means ‘universe’. A very common name in Tamil Nadu and neighboring Andhra Pradesh, Jagan still holds forte!
35. Jairaj – Jairaj is a name that signifies victory and it can be the perfect name to set your son on the path of success. It means ‘Lord of victory’.
36. Jayan – The Victorious
37. Karun – Teach your son to be a good human being. A beautiful soul who cares for the world – now that’s somebody the world needs. Karun means ‘compassionate’.
38. Kasi – Kasi means ‘shining’.
39. Lalit – Lalit is a common name and means ‘beautiful’. The name also refers to Lord Vishnu.
40. Likhith – Also spelled Likhit, the name means ‘written’. It also a name used to refer to Lord Vishnu, making it perfect for religious families.
41. Mahit – This name may not sound from the Tamil language. mahit means ‘son of Earth or honored’. It is an interesting choice that is pretty universal.
42. Maniyan – Maniyan means ‘gem’. Your son is your treasure. So give him a name that reminds him all the time just how precious he is.
43. Narun – Narun means ‘leader of men’. Set your son on the path to leadership with this amazing name.
44. Nirush – The Mahabharata holds the wisdom of ages and can teach us so much. Connect your son with this amazing piece of literature with the name Nirush. The name refers to a king from Mahabharata.
45. Puvanan – Puvanan means ‘flowered sky’!
46. Rithul – Rithul means ‘truth seeking’. It is an honorable name for the upright man your son will grow up to become.
47. Saswin – Saswin means ‘creative thinker’. If you want your son to be an out-of-the-box thinker, then Saswin will be the perfect fit.
48. Taraknath – Most Tamil names are named after deities and Gods. Taraknath is ‘Lord Shiva’.
49. Thaman – Thaman is one of the popular Tamil names. It is a name of a God.
50. Ulagan – If you want your son to be worldly wise, choose Ulagan. It means ‘worldly’.
51. Ulhas – Little ones bring a lot of joy in life, don’t they? Ulhas is the name to signify your happiness, as it means ‘delight or joy’.
52. Uthaman – Being truthful is a virtue all of us want our kids to imbibe. You can begin that by naming your child Uthaman, which means ‘truthful’.
53. Uttam – Excellent person
54. Vaishnav -This is the perfect name for the followers of Vishnu.
55. Vasu – There’s a good old charm associated with this name. Vasu is the name of an ancient king.
56. Vayun – If you are looking for an energetic name, then choose Vayun, it means ‘lively’.
You can call them epic or whatever fit’s your fancy. These modern Tamil baby names are simply great. They provoke thoughts and draw out lots of emotions. Your kids will certainly grow to cherish these names if you decide to pick them.
Naming newborns have never been easy, therefore help someone out today by sharing this article with them.